Starting Over?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Jesaine, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Jesaine Well-Known Member

OK, I know this is going to sound like an insane question, but... I bought a 120 TS token for my main character. Got her up to 125 via the VoV TS Sig Line... Then realized I really (really really) hate her TS.

Yes, use wisely your power of choice.

Anyway, if I started over, is it even possible to get her to 125 again with the VoV sig line done? Renfry's dailies and the PoP TS Sig Lines for example? I have to assume there's SOME way to do it, since FTP players have 50% of their XP forced into AAs. Ergo it takes them twice as long to get to 125.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Er, the 50% setting for AA has nothing whatsoever to do with TS experience.
  3. Zornar Member

FTP players have a max character level of 100.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Nope. All accounts have max level of 100, until they buy the most recent expansion. Then they all have max level of that most recent expansion, regardless of their subscription status.
    Maviarab likes this.
  5. Denmum Developer

Without the huge boost from the quest XP, it will be much slower. However, if all you did was the VoV TS sig, not the earlier ones it will at least be a bit easier than just grinding on dailies/weeklies and writs.

At 100 the PoP line, then CD line, then BoL line then RoS line and cross your fingers!
    Breanna, Xillean, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jesaine Well-Known Member

An honest to goodness straight answer to the original question! :eek::D

Thanks Denmum. :)
    Breanna, Twyla and Denmum like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I've reset my tradeskill level through all 9 classes on one toon (I'm a quester).

At level 100, you will want to do the PoP questline. It'll give you enough XP to get to 120 by itself with proper vitality management. Yes, the questline really does give 20 levels worth of XP, if not more into 125. The reward is one of the best in the game for tradeskillers and the storyline is just awesome!

CD's timeline is worth it for the reward, but it came in an expansion that had no level increase, so the XP you get from the questline is actually very minimal.

BoL's timeline gets you from 110 to 120 fairly quickly, but if you've already done PoP, then you should be 120 or close to it.

For VoV... well, you've already completed the signature questline. The only way to level up to 125 is through dailies and weeklies in Renfry's Basement and PoP. I *suppose* that you might be able to get to 125 by doing the BoL or RoS timelines, but as someone who can't go through them all over again, it still takes me 4 weeks of doing the harvesting/daily/weekly missions in the Coliseum of Valor. The VoV weeklies in Renfry's Basement give... really poor XP. It'll get you there, but the PoP weeklies are faster. You could always do both and get back to 125 in maybe 3 weeks instead of 4.

My suggestion: Do PoP from 100 to 120. Do BoL and see if it'll get you to 125. Otherwise, hit up the PoP and VoV weeklies together.
  8. Maviarab Active Member

Doing PoP (unfortunately) and BoL/RoS will get you to 125 without even touching VoV....I know. Add in Myrist, you could probably lose PoP altogether (which would be preferable for almost anyone I imagine lol).
    Cusashorn likes this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

This is good to know that BoL/RoS gives enough XP to get to 125 if you haven't done those timelines yet. I wish I could go back and redo any of them a 2nd time just for the XP.
    Breanna and Maviarab like this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Double xp this weekend includes tradeskill, so now would be the time to do PoP tradeskill line. It'll probably get you to 125, especially if you also use an xp pot and the vitality reset.
    Xillean, Jesaine, Breanna and 2 others like this.