Not A Bug 50db or 500db discount?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Bravo, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Bravo New Member

Looks like there is a an error is day break cash amount discount. Its is 50 or 500? (I clicked and its 500)

[IMG]
    Twyla and Taled like this.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I do see in the button you must click to claim and the secondary popup that it states 500 DBC however.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

That's just a typo afaik - though I can't check it for sure til the 4th myself - but the way it is *supposed* to work is once you click the allaccess claim button (or type /allaccess claim) you are granted the 500 SC, then you have the option to grab one of the three items for 500. As you see in the window it looks like it will charge 500 SC for them, so the top line where it says "the following items for '50' SC" is -- as you're pointing out in the post -- almost certainly a typo/bug.

It LOOKS like they, for some reason, have the display amount in that line set to a variable, and someone dinked the variable and it removed a 0, or it is offsetting improperly and not displaying the third digit.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Bunji Developer

Doesn't look like we set this value in code anywhere, it's just defined in the eq2ui_global_marketplace.xml file for display:

<Text Color="#EFC410" Font="/TextStyles.Large.LargeStyle" Location="413,125" Name="InBlockDiscountAmount" ScrollExtent="22,20" Size="22,20" TextAlignment="Right">500</Text>
    Twyla, Taled and Angeliana like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wonder if the display issue that Bravo is seeing is a custom UI issue, or if it's something with the 'InBlockDiscountAmount' and the 'InBlockCurrencyIcon' overlapping due to UI scale.
  6. Bravo New Member

Good point! Did not think about that and very likely the case. Next time around Ill try it out with default UI.
  7. Thordalf Developer

Testing with default UI, mine seems to be displaying the 500 correctly. I do notice the font is different between ours, so I'm guessing it may have something to do with custom UI. But yes, would love for you to let us know the next time while using default UI!
    Twyla likes this.