Wizard armor, levels skipped ? Tailor ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have a 14th adv level Wizard on Skyfire, Bgaoceech

I have been going through my tailor crafting characters to make armor for the wizard.

I need something between 11 and 19. I made a number of items, they are either 10 or below, or 20 and above.

I searched the wiki. make wizard armor' and 'wizard armor', but nothing I found was what I was looking for, which recipe to use for 11 thru 19th adv level for a Wizard.

Please help Confused Gero.

Thank you very much.
  2. Denmum Developer

The rare armor will be level 12. If you have nothing "roughspun" in your tailor's recipe books, then you somehow skipped scribing the Advanced Outfitter Volume 10 through Volume 19.
    Morukta, Breanna and Twyla like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as "Wizard Armor". Your tailor will want to narrow searches down to "cloth" and such.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Probably why the wiki doesn't give me search results.

Is there a chart/page somewhere that details all of this ?

Guardian 10 thru 19 armor is such and such, etc. for all the character classes.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

Not sure its denoted as such on the Wikia. However the very basic breakdown is:

Warrior/Crusader/Cleric - Plate
    Mage - Cloth
    Scout/Shaman - Chain
    Druid/Brawler - Leather
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. Denmum Developer

To reword what I said above, for ALL mage classes, what you want for level 12 mastercrafted gear is "roughspun". (Handcrafted cloth is level 10 to equip and "burlap". Mastercrafted is level 12 and "roughspun". The next crafted tier would be handcrafted level 20 "canvas", then mastercrafted level 22 "ruckas")
    Twyla and Jinksie like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did look for roughspun on the tailor I was using. Found only pantaloon and the imbued version.

The character is now 20th adv level, so the level 20 items I have recipes for will work. I'll keep the rest of your info on this in mind for my next wizard character.
  8. Denmum Developer

If that is all you found, then you are missing several Advanced Outfitter books on that tailor.
    Morukta and Twyla like this.
  9. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

You should go check out Denmum's personal EQ2 site, EQ2 Traders Corner. It is about the best site around for all you ever want or need to learn about crafting in Norrath. As she said, it looks like you're probably missing some of the Tailor books.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Found the page I need, bookmarked.
    Morukta and Breanna like this.