ROK raid mobs have too much hitpoints

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Xiao, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Xiao Member

All ROK raid mobs including trash mobs need their HP reduced by 40-50% except Doomcoil, Imzok, Venril Sathir, and Milyex. The adds on the skeleton encounters in Protector's Realm are also fine where they currently stand.

Additionally, ROK contested mobs hitpoints are fine as well as any epic adds, specimens on the Nexona encounter, and generators on Milyex (all fine as they are right now).

Please don't touch Milyex HP it is a challenging dps check and in a good spot where it's at now.

Thank you
    - Procs
    Wocunu, Kriemhild, elpida88 and 26 others like this.
  2. Spectre Active Member

You on Kaladim all alone?
    Smashey likes this.
  3. Xiao Member

No, however this applies to PvP TLE - Tarinax and will apply to PvE TLE - Varsoon as well as future TLE servers. Thank you
  4. Spectre Active Member

Tarinax is the next column down.
    We have not even started DoF... We have quite a way to go until RoK... maybe it may apply in 2024 ^^
    Riverbear likes this.
  5. PartyX1 New Member

The content is fine where it is at. Please do not touch :)
    Riverbear and Ayodi like this.
  6. Milambers Active Member

Agree with OP.

In general the key fights in RoK are very well tuned. Fens Dominus, T1 Spider, Nexona, Milyex - all great. But 95% of the content has mind-numbingly high HP - just way too much.

It wouldn't surprise me if some guilds take an hour just to kill the first four skeletons in PR.

I am happy to share ACT parses with mob HP, raidwide DPS and fight duration if that's useful.
  7. PvPinterested New Member

Agree with OP.
  8. elpida88 New Member

Agree with OP.
  9. Riverbear Active Member

TPR ( The Protector's Realm ) is a x4 raid zone, if memory serves.
    And yes as that it should not be a flick of the wrist 20 minute run.
    Let well enough alone.
    Ayodi likes this.
  10. Ground New Member

It's also a T1 raid zone and shouldn't take a full raid night to complete for players with T4/Myths.

I agree with OP
    Ayodi likes this.
  11. Milambers Active Member

Update to my post - if you have the ability to reduce Nexona HP by the 40/50% suggested in OP without also blanket nerfing the HP of the specimens and the glimmer adds, please do so too. He has too much.
  12. Milambers Active Member

Hi Riverbear, no one is interested in 20 minute PR runs. The suggestions in the OP would not result in this either.

Have a great day.
    Ayodi and Riverbear like this.
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Please keep the personal differences and toxicity out of the thread. Stay on topic and refrain from insults and trolling. Thank you.
    Xiao, Ayodi, Riverbear and 1 other person like this.
  14. Pheelin Active Member

Most guilds have cleared anything of importance with the exception of Milyex and on, which in my opinion is perfectly tuned.

Do people really want to raid 5 days a week to clear the content? Even tier 1 mobs have extremely high HP, the AOEs and outgoing damage is tuned well, at this point it is just reepeating the process excessivley and is extremely boring.

Mobs like Nexona being a 30 minute fight with great dps is just annoying, after 10-15 minutes people can do the scripts... Same with most every mob.. Spending extra 10-15 minutes on mobs that are a joke to kill is just annoying, the HP doesn't make it challenging.

I know the concern other guilds have of wanting to clear it as it is now, but the only mob that is challenging that hasn't been cleared by most guilds is Milyex and that one should not be touched at all. The rest are just excessive and annoying.
    Ayodi likes this.
  15. Ecno Well-Known Member

What experience do you have with clearing VP and what data do you have to backup this opinion? My understanding is your guild has not been successful in clearing VP and therefore doesnt have enough experience or data to make these type of assumptions about what should and shouldnt be changed.

If you can present factual data to backup your opinion maybe we can come to common ground on how much things should be adjusted. Be constructive and work with us on the issue... friend.
  16. Riverbear Active Member

EQII raid zones RoK are delightful, as I recall.
    I very much enjoyed the raids and am reluctant to promote changing them.
    Everyone should experience the expertise and good effort that went into constructing RoK raids.
    It is my intent to emphasis the priority of not watering them down.
    RoK raids are meant to deploy a challenge.
    BE WELL!

Ayodi likes this.
  17. Cifux New Member

The issue here is that the Tarinax HP values for these raid mobs far exceed what they ever were when Kunark was the current expansion.

- Travenro was a 4 minute fight on live servers. It is a 25 minute fight here.
    - Trakanon being a timed fight before you're swimming in lava focus damage is most likely not killable at all right now. Cannot say for sure because we haven't pulled him due to not having access on enough toons.

Something happened during the tail-end of EOF where all raid mobs got a massive increase to hitpoints. This made Avatar of Mischief go from being a 10 to a 40 minute fight. It made Avatar of Fear unkillable as it has a DPS check.

I much prefer the current difficulty to the trivial, first-day clear raid zones with heroic gear that was the release of EOF. But that said, it is neither fun nor more challenging to have Veeshan's Peak take 11 hours of raiding to clear because of excessive HP pools on everything. Either you are good enough to counter the mechanics of the more difficult dragons, or you are not. Adding more HP does not make these fights harder; Just boring.
    Xiao and Riverbear like this.
  18. Pheelin Active Member

We asked for the mobs to be buffed before the expac launched because everyone enjoys challenging raids. The outgoing dmg to tank and aoes are great and make the fights challenging. Other components to the fights e.g. Milyex generators and Spider cocoons are also in a great spot which I heard they were always tuned poorly before. The only downside is that the mob hps also got scaled way up and just adds excessive amounts of time to the fights.

Historically these fights have been very short, we aren't asking for sub 5 minute fights, even cutting the mobs HP in half the shortest fight you will have will be about 7 minutes on the easiest mobs, leaving Nexona at still a 20 minute fight.
    Xiao and Riverbear like this.
  19. Riverbear Active Member

Okay, ok, I hear you.
    I hope you find a rewarding path to resolution on this discussion.
    Thank you for your patient & helpful comments.
    I hate to see people's posts get disappeared.

Screenshot for Posterity
  20. Xiao Member

Forgive me I posted several of the same post accidentally as I am bad at forums.

This is for TLE servers in case there was any misunderstanding.

Another guild died last night because mobs have too much HP and they were having trouble fielding players to log in for 30 min mobs just to wipe.

I really hope someone can look into this issue soon. Thank you.