How do you make money on test

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Morte, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Morte Member

Since there is no economy, how do we make money on test? I guess we can do quests, but what other ways are there for a new incoming player?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Denmum Developer

Quests are a big one, and if you're a member, you can also purchase bags of platinum from the loyalty merchant.
  3. Morte Member

4. Gelenor Well-Known Member

After 6 years on test in Heroes of Test guild I noticed a possible way to make plat and in doing so, I alienated myself from most of the test player base. It was not intentional, just to test a possible bug. However I am still trying to make up for it with the Test player base. Right now, as Denmum has said, plat bags from loyalty merchant is the way, OR do Kurn's fabled solo and sell the loot for plat as most cannot be muted.

There is no real economy or income source on Test Server. Each new item that can be achieved by a solo player with a new currency and plat, the plat part as it increases is hard to achieve on Test. Test Server does need a better source of income given the ever rising cost of new items. Given Test Server is no transfer in or out, it would not effect the game, but allow faults, exploits etc to be identified much quicker.

Gelenor
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Side question: is Fowlumbra still triggering? I didn't have it show in a very long time. I used to do it once a day (with a new char each day) to afford ethereals some years back.

Another possible option, but this would need to be Dev-approved, is to add a special bag of platinum on the bookworm as it is already a merchant specific to Test.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Bookworm made its way to Kael Drakkel server, so be really careful there hehe

if anything maybe buffer when and if he's back could hand out plat, like in beta
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is there a way to separate out sending in-game currency to Test vs. sending items to/from Test? I've got tons of rich toons on other servers that could support my alts on Test... ;->

Uwk
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

If there would be a /testcopy a lot of players would test new GU features..
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, ostensibly that's what Public Test is supposed to do...they do whatever they do to make the changes, then send it to the Beta Test server if it's big enough, then theoretically send it to Public Test for one last run-through, then release it (Beta and Public are not the same; toons created on Public Test aren't copies, but different characters unique to Public Test).

Ostensibly, that's how it's supposed to work; usually these days we here on Public just get to test holiday stuff before it's official (which is a cool thing, but...). :-/

Uwk
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

but there is, not /testcopy since there is no test copy server anymore, but there is a command /beta which copies your live character to beta server where the current GU content is being tested for the past 2-3 weeks
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Right! Exactly. It's different from Public Test; two entirely different servers. :)

Uwk