Broker Reset thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vlkodlak, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Since the implementation of the new cap on plat being able to be spent on the broker, the broker is choking with items over the cap. As of today there are 19,570 pages to the broker on Maj. What would be the feasibility of resetting the broker and starting fresh with all items removed from the broker? "Somehow" people are able to continue to add items to the broker at over the cap prices as we see them appear and disappear often.

It would be nice to start over with a clean slate and if the cap is maintained.
    Jesaine likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

if you have an item over the cap already up there, you can click the sale remove from sale as much as you like. what you cant do is insert a new price above 50m and if you take the item out of the sales box, you lose the price you had on it, whatever that price was
  3. Nunja Well-Known Member

You cannot purchase for over 100mil so there is no point to leave them at ridiculous prices.
    Jesaine likes this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

sure but as you say you cant purchase them so they are just trophies, relics of a bygone era

also the devs have said they are working on something for this. i just tried to explain to the person i replied to how items with big prices seemingly can go off and on the broker like they describe
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

There is no use selling worthfull things in broker.on a live server
    eg I would never ever sell a krono for 50.000.000 in broker.

But yes, we can buy now almost every master for this amount
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Zero the prices out and set everything to not on sale if the item is over 50mil plat.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Lightrain New Member

And this does what?
    It doesn't change anything, it just causes more time wasted on something that isn't hurting anything.
    Half tempted to set everything worth selling at regular prices for the max amount.
    I for sure wouldn't sell a Krono on live, in fact I wont buy them now since the price was cut.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I think it fixes that problem of seeing items on the broker, and no one can buy them.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Celestia Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would be completely fine with it. I have plenty of plat as is, and really, Kronos selling at the max broker price is still plenty of plat to me. If someone were selling it at that price, I wouldn't mind. In fact, I came on just to say I wouldn't have one problem with selling mine for that price. Good grief, billions of plat is ridiculous, and I would happily take 50 mill.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Would you be ok with it if someone bought a krono from you for 50 million and then turned around and sold it for 4 billion?
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, I absolutely would be. Money is money to me, no matter how large or little it may be. I couldn't care less what someone does with it after they buy it from me.

Edited to add: When you experience being poor and on disability for income, you learn the value of money, fake or real.
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Fair enough. :)
    Twyla and tasnee like this.
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I provided a response to the last thread about this topic HERE. When we have more information about it, we will let everyone know for sure!