Please change Hunter's quests

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Gamb, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Gamb New Member

I guess I am one with the many here, hunter's sucks. A lot. Playing on this TLE it pretty much killed the server as soon as it came out. No one does anything but the quests now. So rather than just cry, here is a suggestion for the devs to ignore.

Change the quest itself. Why is it boring? All we do is log in, grab the quest, invs, run to a mob, kill it, invs and repeat. We don't even play the game. How can this be fixed? If the goal from the company is just to make us log in every day then change the quest. Instead of Kill X, X and X...make the quest a single zone that rotates, and change the quest to Kill X AND X number of mobs. For example, if the zone has say, 147 total mobs, make it the quest Kill a boss and 80 mobs in the zone (make it less than the total number of mobs because your game crashes on everyone all the time and it would have too many problems if it was the total number of mobs in the zones). Then at least we would run one zone a day. And don't do more than one zone, some people have jobs and a life, more than one zone would just be tedious for no reason.

Other people have suggested this as well but make the tokens heirloom. Then people will play the chars they want to play instead of rotating a million alts. To be honest, on this server, it's supposed to be FREE TRADE, the tokens (and everything else) really should be able to be put on the broker or traded as the theme of the server implies but fails to accomplish.
  2. Fikkif Member

Yep, if coins were heirloom I'd be doing these quests on multiple charactes. But since they are not, I log in, invis to mobs and log out.
    Bekkr and Spectre like this.
  3. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I hope you guys realize that with all the complaining, all they are going to do to change these is to make all the trash see invis, rather than changing the quests, which would require writing a bunch of code. If you think that's gonna make people more inclined to want to run these, I got a bridge for sale you might be interested in.

All I'm saying is, be careful what you wish for.

That said, they really should make the coins heirloom though, at the very least.
    Fikkif and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  4. Boldac Active Member

It would be even better if they were to get rid of the weapons and make the rewards class based adornments.

Otherwise, what is the point of having good offhand and ranged items in the regular loot table since that is what 99% of the people will be using from the hunters. (based on current hunters items)

They don't even have to be class based, just something that doesn't make two entire gear slots pointless from an itemization standpoint.

Or, just get rid of hunters all together and bring back the daily hot zones with enhanced loot tables.
    Fikkif, Bekkr and Fantasy_Splitpaw like this.
  5. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'm doing a lot of other things in game besides running the hunter's quest for 30 mins and logging out. I have alts, I like to craft, I'm taking a stab at decorating (still looks like a yard sale, with maybe some improvement), and other things. If you are bored, or think the game is ruined, you are really only barely scratching the surface of what's offered, IMO - but hey, whatever you like.

Your contempt at 'invising past a bunch of mobs' to kill the end mob (in the case of Everling, most likely), is a silly arguement. Just don't invis and kill the whole zone. No? Then that's not your complaint, is it?

Mountbatten is 100 percent right. Yell loud enough that it's boring to just run past a bunch of mobs invis, and the entire zone will 'see'. Won't that be fun.
  6. Fikkif Member

If I wanted to dumb this down as much as possible to make a single point valid, this is what'd I'd say.
  7. Mashef Member

It's a free trader server. Make the coins tradeable. Issue solved. Produce the advertised server.
    Bekkr likes this.