Help with logging into test server

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Morte, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Morte Member

I have read the developer thread about accessing the test server. HOWEVER, nothing that they have posted seems to apply to me. For example, when I launch the game with the launcher, there is no dropdown menu showing various regions. either on the left upper corner or bottom corner. In fact, the bottom left corner ask for an "email signup" and the upper left corner gives me the version and shows US English.
    While I can click on US English and get some options such as updated file list, servers, game directory. None of this helps. For example, if I click on the servers, I don't see any test server or public server/

I have tried logging in from the eq2launchpad.exe or eq2.exe which does give me a server list, but NONE of the servers show the test server or public test etc. It just doesn't seem to populate for that server.
    Also, one post said there is a testserver.exe found in the EQ2 directory,but this just isn't true Thus, I have a real issue with what is published about accessing the test server.

Can a developer or some smart person help me with this? I need exact instructions.
  2. Denmum Developer

When you get that far, ignore that stuff on the left-hand side for a moment, and look at the center/right where it says "Select Game Version. In that dropdown, you select Public Test, then click APPLY.

The first time through, expect a solid amount of time patching.

~Mum
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  3. Bunji Developer

When the launchpad is up, in the top left you should see "Version: US English - Full" or "Version: EU English - Full".

If you click on that you'll be take to the "Select Game Version" tab (which you can also access by clicking on the "Advanced Tools" button). In that dropdown set it to "Public Test - Full".

This will require a separate download. Once down, hitting play will take you to the Test server.

Make sure to switch back to the live game version when you want to play on those servers again.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Denmum Developer

Hopefully this will help:

[IMG]
  5. Morte Member

Thank you. This explained a lot. I wish you posted this as a sticky post in the test server forum
  6. Denmum Developer