Hunting dailies completely eviscerated the sub50 game...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Goozer, Jul 20, 2022.

1. DENSER Well-Known Member

Totally agree, this kind of quests, major on the live should not be the final objective of a tle.
    Yes they are bis, yes it's an undeniable plus, but in no way essential to enjoy the tle.
    Take a look on the live and you will understand what is the 'obligation' to have this or that item in order to reach a number required .
    Which for me is one of the negative points that pushes people to flee this simplistic system, based on an endless escalation of numbers
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am in a really big guild, and most of the time I find a group to do the hunter missions using general LFG, because my guild is busy running instances of all sorts of levels.
    We do lower-level groups and gear up runs, even level 50 toons need better gear.
    I launched a new toon just 10 minutes ago, and if this server is anything like Kaladim, people will do that till the end of the servers life.
    Be happy you don't have to do the Kaladim hunter missions, it was a pain to get the needed named mobs in those contested zones and it for sure took longer.
    The longest it ever took me to finish a Varsoon hunter mission was 40 minutes, we lost one person do to him losing his internet (tank).
    in the crypt 2 rare named were up and surprised us (they see invis).
    So, we had to deal with extra challenges, but look at the bright side, more loot.
    I suggest if you can't find a group, make one yourself, people will thank you if you do.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Worst part of hunters is the beehive, completely useless zone. Doing the beehive part is atleast 10min of just running, to go kill a named in a low lvl 40 zone wich drops lvl 30 gear lol.
    Also i am incredibly sick of Nek2 but atleast that zone makes sense for lvl 50.
    I have 2 pieces already, but im still running them incase i wanna swap a piece out later, there isnt really anything else left to do at this point anyway.
    adaria, Arielle Nightshade and Fourg like this.
  4. Greene Active Member

Yeah, I hated the useless beehive. It's a neat themed dungeon... when you're the appropriate level.

Got my 2 hunters items. The clicky ability is preeety underwhelming so not going to bother snagging a 3rd. I'm all alted out, so I guess it's just log in for raid times now while waiting for DoF lol.
  5. Malachy Well-Known Member

People act like these items are so amazing, do the math, look at the actual parses.

Good dps class does about 2K in raid zones, zone wide.

-Xbow gives roughly 45dps for flay proc, 60dps for more auto-attack dmg (lose 75g/hr of fighting for bolts).
    -Another flay proc from shield/weapon gives about 35dps more (lose 19 ability mod in the process).
    -Cloak gives about 40dps for it's proc (lose 16 ability mod in the process).
    -The almighty 0.3fervor gives like 6-10 extra dps.
    -The measly reuse that everyone says is overpowering gives like 1 extra ice comet in 15min. Overwhelming Power indeed!

In other words, get 3 items and get about a 10-15% dps boost, from 2K dps to ~2.2K dps.

Congrats! You won the game and lost a whole lot of real life!

To all the raid guilds out there mandating these items -- good luck maintaining your roster with people not quitting entirely or taking a break until the next content release, much less enforcing this daily grind for tiny upgrades. If you don't already have the BIS raid items, you're a "new main" or in a "raiding guild" that can't finish in era raiding progression anyway.

See you all in DoF. Maybe.
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

10-15% DPS when your raidwide was 50k on an encounter that requires at least 55k to beat the DPS check is literally the difference between success and failure. Also, I am pretty sure you can only wear 2 hunter items at a time.

Some people enjoy killing pixels.

I'd suggest either making your own guild, or joining one that does not have such a requirement then. Find 23 other like-minded players who can't be bothered to spend 30 minutes a day for two weeks. Instead you can spend those 30 minutes AFKing around the broker in Qeynos Harbor or East Freeport or running Foomby's on your 8th alt or whatever else it is you consider to be a better use of your time.
  7. a_shrubbery Active Member

The ideal TLE in the future, in my opinion, would have the downscaling system of the ill fated LORE AND LEGEND server ... therefore allowing players to truly group at any level and therefore enjoy more of the content between each expansions.

I am guessing it's just very complicated to both have the TLE-specific scaling + tweakings and also allowing the downscaling but with enough intention I'm sure the devs could make it work eventually.

As for me what I really enjoyed in TLE is when joining several xpacs later; when AA's are available. .. you can put like 90% of experience in AA, and level slower while still having a sense of progression, As you get more powerful and unlock skills from AA's you become overpowered at your level eventually - but in a good way since it can become tedious if you want to grind through the old questlines especially when the quest rewards in themselves are usually not that great.

Now if the devs could make the downscaling from L&L more refined , iterate on it, it could get to a point where it can work with AA's and the special itemization on TLE servers.
  8. Arandar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that "slowing everything down" and forcing people to play at a slower pace on a server that moves from expansion to expansion every 4 months is an experience most want. But if you really want to stop and smell the roses, so to speak, you can still do that. It's just a more manual process that requires you to turn your adventure and/or experience gain on and off based on what you're doing.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I am talking about day 2, the Thursday after hunters went live, waiting 5 minutes for me to invis through upper tunnels. Not day 30, not didn't have invis totems, not call was down or couldn't get a port. As an erudite I could have just racial called.

Anyway I couldn't care less about doing hunters, I have 10 or 12 tokens across 3 characters. It is not fun to invis thru 3 zones bypassing as much content as possible for the promise of a shiny potato 2 weeks down the road. Obviously the devs have some numbers that make them believe this is breathing life into the server.
    Bekkr likes this.
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Since I harvest all my own mats and have a woodworker, my bolts cost me nowhere near that much, and not even that much extra time.
    Arandar likes this.
  11. Arandar Well-Known Member

Whoever that dude was buying bolts from was making bank off him.
    Zenji and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I like shiny potatoes, tbh. Also, we are having fun in a group of old friends and new people we are maybe just meeting while doing this. In a lot of cases it's sad when we finish in 30 or less minutes and the new, fun group breaks up. If you are playing it any different way, yeah, I bet it's not a very good time at all.

It is a diversion, agreed - but I don't think it's the dev's responsibility to 'breathe life' into the server. They provide the canvas upon which the players are supposed to do that.
    Arandar likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Bye, Felicia.
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Again today, I went LD zoning into Tomb of Night, last zone, group just ran off and killed it without me while I was trying to log back in. I'm completely done participating in this nonsense; not that my opinion matters.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

That is very unfortunate, but it sounds like a people problem not a problem with the activity itself.
  16. rpreed80 New Member

Those of you that have two or more items from hunters are the equivalent to Black Friday shoppers, Corporations rely on such manic behavior to generate spikes in activity and profits.
  17. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I have two items, obtained by doing the quest once per day - calmly - but doing it. Not a black friday shopper mentality at all. There was no urgency or manic quality about it, just layer by layer progression and poof. I have the items.
    Beneeto and Jesaine like this.
  18. Venser Active Member

You're acting like people aren't logging in daily to play regardless? so a 20 min quest 1 time a day sets you off. love it.
    Jesaine, Arandar and Zenji like this.
  19. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I'm such a corporate w**re for logging in as I normally would have and doing the same things I would have probably otherwise done.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

This is a really strange take on doing daily quests.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.