Botting

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sixgauge, Jul 16, 2022.

1. hobonumber2 New Member

Exactly, it makes your game easier. I don't use them because that is not how the game is intended to be played. Asking (engaging in the community) for someone to open a portal is different than having someone pay $30 a month and use a bot program to have portal open all the time. So, this cheat is giving you and unfair advantage over me.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

How you feel the game should be played. And you are free to not do the Maids quest and you are free not to seek out homes where people have their characters opening portals. This is a you issue, not anyone else's.
    Carizia, Tkia, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

The people who run the guild who have the portals open in their 'guild house' are some of the nicest, most generous people you would ever meet. They routinely mention how to get to where the portals are, and openly share them with the server. As a matter of fact, when DoF launches, they will place them at the docks in Sinking Sands for all to use, without request for compensation or any payback whatsoever.

The only advantage I have over you in this case is that I know these nice people and it sounds like you don't. That could change in about five seconds of you sending one of the guild leaders a message, or basically ask anyone to tell you how to find the portals.

Or don't. Play this any way you want. I have to argue that cooperative generosity is a hallmark of this game, and is totally the way it's intended to be played.
  4. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

You also don't need to pay $30/month for any kind of botting program. You can literally download autohotkey for free and have it press your portal button every 62 seconds for free.
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I hope this forum account isn't linked to your actual character account because this is one of the most embarrassing things I've read in a while.
    Dude likes this.