Hunting dailies completely eviscerated the sub50 game...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Goozer, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Yep, because they're just busy work. Chores that no one wants to spend one second longer than absolutely necessary doing.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

When the mid-content and Hunters was first unlocked, I had no problem cutting folks some slack. But now that we're almost 3 weeks in, anyone who hasn't done the access quests, got the port, etc. really just doesn't care that much. So expecting others to care about their particular issues, I agree, that's a bit of a stretch.
    adaria, Beneeto and Zenji like this.
  3. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Edit: Whatever. I can't be bothered with this anymore.
    Zenji likes this.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

Well, we all know the real name of the game is PepperQuest. If you're not out there plucking bushes, you're playing wrong.
    Sunlei likes this.
  5. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I think it's good to let off steam :). Besides some feeling compeled to do 'dailies' on their piles of alts..they've also started to micromanage those who don't care to do repetative, daily chores in a game at all. This is supposed to be a 'FREE TRADE' server, Let those who easily dominate a level 50 everquest world..sell their loots & piles of coins on the broker.
  6. Sunlei Well-Known Member

:p
  7. Greene Active Member

At this point, with people having run Hunter quests like 20 times already, there's minimum expectations, including having a splitpaw port item, and invis totems if needed. Not picking on you, just people want efficiency at this late stage in the game.
    adaria and Arandar like this.
  8. DENSER Well-Known Member

That's exactly right. being off-putting, boring, patience is not there with this kind of mechanics .
    By adding a sympathetic system that allows you to equip yourself easily, mutual aid specific to mmos is forgotten, due of these alienating repetitions .
    This is true for the pick-up, in the Guild, the bond that unites us calls us to order. Well, most of us
  9. Venser Active Member

While people are still here complaining about Hunters --

grats everyone on your 2nd Hunters item Tuesday. Most stop the quests there, some get a 3rd item, not many. but hey you're done in just 2 days!
  10. Beneeto Member

thank you benser, i do try
  11. Lenarr Member

It looks like Wednesday for me. I'm not seeing much point in continuing Hunters past that. Unfortunately it's going to be a long 6 weeks until DoF. I think Daybreak is assuming we'll all keep our subscriptions active the month before DoF, instead of cancelling for a month. They're probably right, I don't want to screw over the rest of the raiders in my guild by quitting for a month.
    adaria likes this.
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

And some can't log and do em every day till launch, every 18h.
    Summer, work, and other things specific to each , make it not so long .
    For hardcore gamers , ye u r done. But the game is not only Populated from this profile
  13. BrokenSword Member

I build a PUG group as DPS in usually under 10 mins... In under 2 mins on easy days. Don't 'find a group', make one. As soon as I post LFM rather than LFG the tells flow in.

If Bloodlines or LS is taking you 30 mins... I honestly do not know what to say to you. This is not my experience at all.

Nek2 is the worst for me, but it doesn't pop up often enough for me to really care.

I see loads of people building groups for low lvl content in chat.
    adaria and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  14. DENSER Well-Known Member

Agree, many put themselves lfg but do not form a group when it is enough to create it to leave, wherever it is, quickly .
    Idk, mayb they just do somethng else atm ans just spam lfg .
    Lazyness
    Shy
    New players ( or not) Not wanting to take the lead .

In short, make a group if you want to do something, never wait for a holy saint answer from a leader.( That might work tho hehe ;))

Varsoon is so crowded that lfgs get bogged down in chat. Conversely, the formation of groups is less present .
    ( I experienced the same thing on live, yes you expose yourself to blame if the group does not hold up, but at least you are master of your way)
  15. Beneeto Member

secret to creating fast PUGs:

1. be a tank class, invite the first healer LFG, say you're looking for DPS and get bombarded with tells
    2. if you're anything other than a tank, invite the first tank you see LFG, and then do step 1

how to not create a fast PUG: be a non-tank class and spam LFG for ages.

using this ONE WEIRD TRICK i always get a hunters PUG going in less than 3 minutes
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

So many people are averse to forming groups, it's wild to me. I get not everyone may particularly social or whatnot, but if you do an LFG and don't get a response, do an LFM.
    Bekkr likes this.
  17. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I just successfully finished leveling my (probably) last alt yesterday, after a weekend of available low level groups, and one that I created. It was not even remotely painful (well, except one group, but I have blocked that out after therapy), and I didn't do much in the way of standing around, either. This was in between Hunters on two characters. I'm not finding it horribly grindy since we put together groups usually - and have met a few people I didn't know before and am glad I met. I suppose your online experience is what you make it. Hard to say.
    Arandar likes this.
  18. Arandar Well-Known Member

That's kind of the thing, isn't it? The people who seem to have a real issue with the dailies are essentially asking Darkpaw to fix (or accommodate) what is fundamentally a people problem, not a mechanics problem.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  19. Medicinal Active Member

I despise making a group. It is too stressful. I end up feeling personally responsible for creating a positive experience for the others in the group and then when things don't go according to plan, like the tank bails, or is a wet paper bag and we all struggle, I end up feeling like I failed the group. I don't actually blame the leader at all when things go wrong in a pug I joined so I am not real sure where these feelings of guilt are coming from but yeah, it's a thing.

My solution? I just don't do the hunter quests. I stick to what my little duo can manage, which is a surprising amount, and enjoy myself. I am sure raiders are all going to jump on and say the items are BiS and therefore mandatory but really, what weren't you killing before that you are now killing because people got these items? Oh that's right, nothing. Because most raid guilds managed to kill everything just fine without these items. They aren't mandatory to complete the content, they are a nice little chase item you can choose to go after, or not.

The EQ TLP Veeshan's Peak key quest taught me that some things just aren't worth the headache, and you can still enjoy the game without doing everything. Only you can decide what is worth your time and what isn't.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  20. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I think at this point none of us are doing anything in this game that represents a point of discovery or new shiny content. It's more like comfort food served to old friends. Even our complaints are old :)