Hunting dailies completely eviscerated the sub50 game...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Goozer, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Goozer New Member

Most players don't have the special privilege of the perfect group to finish this tedious crap in under an hour every 18 hours... And that's the problem. Even if I can do the daily on all my alts in 90 minutes; most other people cannot, and are therefore not available to do anything else, so I'm stuck with nothing to do, since there are no players.

In the blink of an eye, the devs turned off 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of the game.. and they think this is a good thing... idiocy.

I want the devs to know that when I eventually quit, it will be specifically because of Hunter dailies. I went from at least 100 hours a week, to nothing to do, overnight, because of this specific thing.
  2. Goozer New Member

You know that isn't true...
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

I do not put together "perfect groups". I ask whoever is in guild if they need a run, grab a healer and the first damage / support players who respond to me in the LFG channel. I do this every day, and from form-up to completion it generally takes about 30 minutes to finish. I don't cherry pick classes and I don't only ask people in certain guilds. It's not necessary for any of this content.

I also don't claim to be some ubertank. I have okay gear, I know how to push my taunt buttons and turn mobs around. I'm just an old dude who gets a kick out of playing a game I've loved for years.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Ya I was wrong. It took 2 minutes 25 seconds.

https://imgur.com/6rOiy2u
    Arandar and TheGreatGatsby like this.
  5. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

So you *don't* think that the reason people stopped leveling alts is because the 2.5 weeks of double xp is gone?

I'll have whatever you're having, it seems nice.
    Zenji and Arandar like this.
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

take these hunters as a plus, not an obligation. remember the beginnings and ask yourself if it existed.
    Can we play without or is it an obligation .

you are free to do them or not, And in itself this is not an obligatory turning point of the game through which you must go .

Play live and you'll really understand what an alienating, uninteresting mechanic is.
    However, I understand the negative idea that some players have of these hunters.
    But approaching them as a plus, a little bonus instead of telling yourself that you absolutely have to do them, every day so as not to be left behind, is my solution to not attach too much importance to it and continue to log me 'without feeling rushed'.

Which will be the case in a few weeks with the arrival of dof, items with fewer blue stats, but not less bad at the main stats level .
  7. Wiegraf Member

The time to run these doesn't start when you zone in, it starts when you start group forming. Like I said to your 20m nek2 run comment - sure if everyone is ready to go and zone in, but now tack on the time to find a tank, healer, or both, for everyone to get off the broker and port over, half of people I find in groups don't have maids of the mist even.

You have a guild with a tank and healer always ready to do your dailies, no need to spam LFG channel?
    They all have invis totems, know how to group invis, and know where they're going?
    No one is going to not follow properly in tombs and agro see invis mobs?
    No one is going to afk at all between ports?

Don't assume everyone shares your same experiences, or should.
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Hunters aren't exactly exciting or innovative content, but really, what else are you going to be doing at level 50? What if you don't particularly want to be leveling alts all the time? I'm not exactly a huge fan of the system, but I do see groups forming to tackle them all the time, so maybe working as intended? And as for the sub-50 game, yeah that almost certainly has more to do with the end of bonus XP than adding hunters.

If some people channeled half the time and energy they spend complaining on the forums into playing the game, they might have the time to actually finish stuff.
    Beneeto and Arandar like this.
  9. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Jeez, people on TLE's whine so much.

XP is too fast, XP is too slow, predators suck, assassins are OP, Hunters quests give too good of a reward, hunters quests are too slow....

Like, at this point, just go play the game. The time you spend whining about the fact that you have to put together a pug group to do three (3) heroic mobs (not even full dungeon clears, just 3 mobs...) to get next raid-tier quality gear blows my mind.
    Beneeto, Zenji and Arandar like this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

Don't forget,
    ACT bad and it's rude to tell someone their DPS is lower than the healers.
    but also, it takes 3 hours to clear Nek 2.

and my favorites,
    everyone has 12 level 50 alts, but no one is making alts
    last night at 10pm Antonica 1 was so full it you couldn't zone in, but nobody is playing at low levels.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  11. Mandoh New Member

I think the 16 weeks and double exp killed the low end content not Hunters.

16 weeks is just too long. 12 weeks is the sweet spot. We would all feel a lot better if DOF was coming out in August not September.

Also, not adding QOL like griffons in Nek / TS at the mid-way point was ridiculous. QOL items not being put in the game (or blatantly removed for no good reason like porting to housing from anywhere in the city) are a bigger attribute to people not leveling. Might as well just wait for QoL stuff to hit the game and EOF for some new zones. I have like 4 alts ready to go with full rested but I just don't want to do it again in classic EQ2.

If they insist on keeping expansions at 16 weeks QoL needs to go in sooner rather than later. It just hinders barrier to entry to the server.
    adaria, Beneeto and Tharrakor like this.
  12. Smashey Well-Known Member

T5 sucks and have always sucked. Hunter quests does not change that fact in one way or the other.
  13. Nagash Member

Maybe, just Maybe they need to shorten the unlocks between expansions because 4 months seems to long. Perhaps complaining on the forums daily about the absurdly long duration between expansions might help. Maybe submit bug reports about how long the expansions are and how if they are shorter the hunters stuff wont be as important to everyone.
    adaria likes this.
  14. Nagash Member

Why aren't you doing those same dailies with all the peeps you used to play with everyday for 100 hours a week. Did you not friend them or join a guild with them?
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

They must be super fun to be around if they can play for 100 hours a week and still nobody wants to group or guild with them.
  16. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Yeah but that could have just been maybe 2 guilds on their regular raid night doing Prismatic waiting to zone in to Darathar vs. actual at-level for Antonica players.
    Kotter likes this.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yeah but it wasn't.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

It's not just sub-50, ironically dailies giving BIS gear can have the opposite effect; I have hardly been playing because almost all groups are for hunters, or access quests for hunters. I like to run zones and get loot, but hunters is the opposite of that; you don't want to run zones and don't get loot repeating the same hunters mobs every day. I have more fun playing alts, or really doing just about anything else in general.

Fun fact, my first hunters group finished without me after the first 2 zones because they literally didn't want to wait 5 minutes for me to invis through splitpaw upper tunnels.
    Greene and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

20. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I have not been doing them, but there isn't anything else going on, so I play a lot less and the only grouping I do is on sub-50 alts for xp. That's just my opinion though, like the OP I'm just posting my personal experience, not asking or expecting hunters to go away or get tweaked or that anyone else should agree with me. I have of course started groups before, but it's such a chore and often unsuccessful to get a pug started, you end up just saying eff it and disband, or rolling without a full group and struggling... which honestly I have better things to do. Joining a guild full of active players would be ideal, but if you actually push the U button and look at what guilds are recruiting, most are only open to a couple classes. So you're left spamming discord and chat channels that you're looking for a guild which is also pointless. Or join a massive guild that doesn't raid, or something idk. And I guess I will mention I am actually in an active raid guild, but hardly anyone is doing hunters, at least not anywhere near every day. Whatever the trick is, I'm missing it... but that's cool, not looking for any advice really I'm having a good time regardless of what does or does not happen in eq2, just sharing my experience while I smoke this bowl.