Broker is kind of underwhelming for a FreeTrade(tm) Server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Greene, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Greene Active Member

Is it me or is it hard to find anything decent on the broker for non-crazy prices?

Compared to prior TLE servers, the broker just doesn't have much on it. It just seems less active overall compared to the fact that the population is definitely healthier than the broker :p
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Whilst there are some pretty noticeable holes in available gear (as a cloth wearer, hands and forearms come to mind), I wouldn't say it's too bad. There are some raid pieces that are going for some pretty ludicrous prices, but I kind of expected that. Mid content introduced a few new items that filled in some gaps, but they probably get bought up pretty quick. Probably also the bonus XP brought in a bunch of new alts that caused stuff to move faster.

Honestly for me the most frustrating part of the broker for me are the treasured and legendary items that share the same name. I can definitely see there are a couple people on there listing the treasured versions for way over price to try to snag the people who aren't paying attention.
    Arandar likes this.
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

There's a special circle of Hell just for the people who list treasured cones for 20p.
    Breanna and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  4. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Treasured mid-content items selling for 20p... o_O
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Its an itemization issue i think will smoothen out overtime. As of right now most items that doesnt have ab mod on them have too small of numbers to be anything but vendor trash. 0.5 Haste isnt getting anyone excited so there is really a very limited number of items of each slot u could actually sell.
    Im surprised there arent more raidgear on there tbh tho, id have figured the "botters" would have filled the broker with em by now ;P
  6. Arioche New Member

What's the present server price for a krono?
  7. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Is that the "capitalism" circle, or the "economics 101" circle?
  8. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Roughly 23p
    Arioche likes this.
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

It's the "people charging legendary prices for treasured items" circle. Yeah, I know. Caveat emptor and whatnot.
    Bekkr likes this.
  10. Fangrim Active Member

The thing for me is it's meant to be 'free trade' server and is nothing of the sort. All quest rewards should be tradeable (not that many are any good) Hunters coins should be too. To me there is none of this. In the future the items made for Proof of the Pudding should be brokerable too but I bet they aren't.
    All these types of things were tradeable on Isle of Refuge which was the first free trade server.
    Elskidorr and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Yayoh New Member

The goal of these servers are to get you to spend money. This is largely the reason Tarinax fell flat on its face and now struggles to see 40 people online.

Buy all your gear and masters with money, not effort. This is the direction of the company and it has nothing to do with kander.
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the items for earring of solstice and blessed shawl link on Varsoon fully tradable
  13. Ayodi Active Member

Seems to be a high percentage of experienced EQII players who know the strat :) Harvest you caboose off - craft like a demon to make what you ( and yours ) need - get out in the world and do / earn more - rinse, repeat. The need to purchase what we need is, therefor lower, imho. Varsoon is a blast!

-The Ayodi
  14. Arioche New Member

I have to agree. They need to monetize to survive but as a player on the fence I can see the server will "die" eventually by being merged. A year? Two years? Why waste my time to have it all shuffled away to a live server & have a z at the end of the char name? To each his own but to me it's a put off.
  15. Arandar Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, it's about 2.5-3 years, with population starting to decline after Sentinel's Fate is unlocked. That said, each iteration has made it a bit further than its predecessor.
  16. Mandoh New Member

This is the main issue right now. Every single item that isn't Prismatic/Peacock/Claymore/Epic questlines should be 100% tradeable. This means Hunter's gear and/or Hunter's coins should also be sellable.

If the goal is to get people to spend money - tradeable hunters coins/gear and I would just suggest cheap un-atunner bundles.

Currently, not worth un-attuning most gear to throw on the broker. Not going to spend $5 to make 3p. Considering you wouldn't un-attune a BIS piece until the next expansion and then your item has no value due to level requirements. So by overpricing the un-attuners they have killed that entire market. If they sold a 10pack of un-attuners for 500 DBC they would be gobbled up as it would be better then vendor selling those mid level items that are raid gear but not BIS quality. This would also put more items on the market. BIS gear maintains it's high value. Win-Win-Win. Buyers win, sellers win, DPG wins.
    Rosyposy and Ayodi like this.
  17. Kahleem Active Member

The population is also smaller than previous TLE's which is why the broker is so barren. Lots of shady stuff going on right now at the company, and the population shows it.

Give it another month, see if population picks up. If not, DBG have only their own selves to blame for what they've done to both EQ1 and EQ2 playerbase recently.

:(
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

Nope.
  19. Arandar Well-Known Member

Just more of the same "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!"
  20. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Varsoon is by far the highest population TLE the game has had. Just compare the number of raiding guilds actively killing things (and a few of them have multiple raid forces!) compared to any of the other TLEs. You'll be *very* surprised.
    Ayodi likes this.