Two Guild Questions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jesaine, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Jesaine Well-Known Member

I'll keep it short for a change. :D

1) Do guilds have an "auto-promote" feature if you're the last active player in it after 30 days or so? And if not, why not? Being able to revive a guild would be nice. :)

2) Is it possible for players to buy guild halls as their own home? I *really* love the Qeynos T3 guild hall and think it would make an amazing estate, assuming I could swing the rent somehow, lol.

It seems like the answers to both questions are no, but I figured why not ask, and MAYBE effect some change as well. :)

EDIT: OK, I know for certain the answer for the second question is no now.
  2. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Actually a third question also: Do housing status reduction items work in guild halls also?
  3. Playz4fun Active Member

Folks, please correct me if I am wrong.

1) If none of the Guild owners (usually the Leaders) have logged in for a long time, and you are the only active player, you can petition to take over the ownership of the Guild. Not totally sure of the full process, but petition to start.

It might be nice to have an auto promote action, but I don't think we will see that happen anytime soon. Some folks do return after being away for a few years.

2) You can certainly buy a Guild Hall to use as a "private" home, but you will need to be in a Guild to buy it. Pretty sure you can't own 2 Guild halls for the same Guild, so you would have to make a private guild, level up and then buy a new hall. You can make your alts trustees if they are in other guilds (and they could donate status/coin to the private guild), if that is the route you want to take.

3) I haven't checked recently, but if the house status item says "can be placed in any house or guild" than yes, you can use it. I frankly don't recall many of those items. Most status items say "can be placed in any house" period. Believe me, I have tried, lol.

Hope this helps some. Enjoy!
    Twyla and Jesaine like this.
  4. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback, Playz. :)

People DO come back after years, that's true. I did. But why should a guild have to die on the vine if a leader pulls that?
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

You can place these items as long as they can be "placed in house or guild hall" but they will not reduce the status upkeep of the hall.
    Breanna, Forestchild and Jesaine like this.
  6. Jesaine Well-Known Member

That's more in line with what I thought I've seen with previous guilds; alot of decos in the Hall, but still sky high status rent due.

BTW, that sig statement is only true until someone steals your sweet roll. :D
    Cyliena likes this.
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Well, have YOU seen any sweet rolls lately? ;) They're all in my leg slots!
    Moonpanther likes this.
  8. Riverbear Active Member

Once your petition regarding guild membership/leadership activity happens, it will be a very open event with each and every member of said guild being contacted to vote on new membership leadership.
    More often than not, the guild leadership will remain as it was, or a cabal of players will install new leader not-of-the-petitioner's liking :)
    Good luck!
    Forestchild likes this.
  9. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Speaking for myself, of a 1-player-guild, I can say this about guildhalls.

1> I helped my brothers and sister create a guild way way way back when even before "The Bazaar server". They quit long ago, and I was looking through old accounts and characters and happen to find the guild 1 character was still in,
    Lucky for me, we made 1 character per account top leader position. So I just invited my main and promoted her up and got my own guild.
    But others are right, if you have a leader(s) not active, /petition, then support sends mail to those leader(s) and if no responds within a time period, then you get promoted to leader.
    I leveled the guild with 4 characters on the RoS sig lines/POI quests/etc ALL the way to 350. It can be done.

2> STATUS items, will not give you ANY reductions in Guildhalls. But getting status is WAY easier nowadays. by just doing any quests from ToT or newer xpac. cuz the quests give 40+ or more status each quest. It ADDS up quick.
    and coin is fast as well.

I have the Highkeep T2 guildhall, and it only costs currently (I believe) roughly 4ish plat and 500k status. Sell 1 shiny collection or couple and you got the plat. status just do a signature line in RoS or BoL or ToT or even ToV. and you will have several thousand quests in no time. sell all your status items you pick up to the trash merchant and gain status that way too.

Hope I helped in some way..
    Good luck
    Jesaine and Twyla like this.
  10. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

one thing about sending in a petition to change the leadership in the guild.. If you're an officer, and the leader hasn't been on in some time, you can get a vote going.. but if you're a normal guild member, you're kinda SOL
    Jesaine likes this.
  11. Riverbear Active Member

At the risk of beating a dead horse, in my experience, the all account(s) in guild vote was automatic. Emails sent by SP to ascertain new leader.
    Jesaine likes this.
  12. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Well, I got a guild leadership vote going. Voting closes on the 2nd unless the old leader miraculously pops up and puts the brakes on the vote. There's only two of us and the other player wants nothing to do with leadership duites, sooooo... I guess I've got a guild, lol.

NOW... As far as earning status goes... I could use a little more advice there. Forestchild's advice looks like it would work, but my exact situation is that I've returned after 7 years away and the guild character is a 120 adventurer and tradecrafter. I could do crafting writs for 37k status each. Fast status, BUT I'm worried I'd spend all day harvesting to support a half hour of crafting. I do want to have a life outside of that status chase. :D

So, with that in mind, any other advice?
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Riverbear Active Member

Overseers + status rewards for names dead ( anything you can do there at any level ) usually tow the row.
    In my experience one 125 can keep a guild hall running with, for me, what was 2 to 4 hours / week.
    A bit of work but nothing to cause alarm :)
    Good luck!
    Jesaine likes this.
  14. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Awesome.
  15. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Those items that drop in legends packs that no one wants, the not rare paintings, turtle helms, burning gloves....those give millions of personal status can you use that status to pay for guild halls?
  16. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, you can use your personal status to pay for a GH and pay its upkeep. You can also donate personal status to the GH by clicking on the door, there are two buttons on the bottom - one is donate coin and the other is donate status.