Fabled Kurn's Tower

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Cusashorn, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I can already see most of the end-game population asking "HOW DO I ACCESS FABLED KURNS?" after the next game update adds the zone into the game.

"What do you mean I have to do an access questline? WTF who designed this garbage? Just let me have my instant gratification!"

Buddy, this is entirely on *you*, but maybe you joined the game after Kunark and simply didn't know. That's okay, that's why the Wiki exists.

There's a few easy quests that can take you about an hour to do with the guide here. You don't have to follow it through to the absolute very end, as you will gain access to the zone a few quests before that, but you might want to get to work and save yourself the disappointment of learning there's an entire access questline you have to do in order to get into the tower with each and every individual toon.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Fens_of_Nathsar_Timeline#Kurn's_Tower_Access

First, go speak with Merrik Hanz, located near the Burynai Caves directly west of the Druid Ring in Kunzar Jungle. After you kill some Burynai, he sends you to speak with Pulnil the Haggler in Fens of Nathsar. After you return to Merrik and complete that quest, return to Pulnil the Haggler and work with him from there.
  2. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Access quests have been part of the game since launch. They're annoying, I admit, but they add some depth to the game as well. :)

I *do* have to politely debate one point though. Playing a game shouldn't have to rely on 3 or 4 different outside sites for the information needed to make progress. The in-game quest info, as an example should have enough info to point a player in the correct general direction of a quest's goal without giving a complete walk through.
    Cusashorn and Twyla like this.
  3. Benj Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pre-emptive warning. I've done that access quest line, but I totally forgot about it. I'm sure many of my guildmates haven't done it (at least not on every toon). Still, part of me suspects that the Fabled versions won't require the access quest, only level 125.
    Cusashorn likes this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Indeed, even the very first Fabled dungeons could be accessed from a door at the Thundering Steppes docks. I have no reason to think that these new ones won't also have their own portal, but the physical entrance to the zone is also a viable way.

I still expect to see a LOT of people asking how they can access the zone though.
  5. Chrol Developer

You will be able to enter it via Camp Naradasa in Svarni Expanse without needing to do any access quests.
    Suidakra, Breanna, Tyger and 4 others like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Ahh, by the Weekly quest givers. Okay then. I admit I was kind of hoping to see the frustration of players having to go through the access questline first....
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

Why in the world would you want to require players to do an access quest for new content based on content from 14 years ago? That makes zero actual sense, other than delighting in ticking people off.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

why? this seems cruel and elitist
    Suidakra likes this.
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

"As I have suffered, so must others suffer."
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

True, it is. But for one brief moment the schadenfreude kicked in. I guess I like the idea of people actually questing in a game called EverQuest and playing the game.
    Mercychalice and Twyla like this.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah but a new person coming in to the game is probably not going back to that old content

and its still there if you really care.
  12. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

For group planning.. are you able to say if there's only going to be one iteration of the zone or is there going to be a heroic 1/heroic 2 and/or challenge portion of it? I'm sure Beta will tell me as well, but I'm just curious lol
    Bludd likes this.
  13. Melkior Well-Known Member

They have always provided direct access to the fabled zones through a portal. At least I can't think of an exception if there is one.
  14. Chrol Developer

There's Solo, Heroic I, Heroic II and x2 Raid
    The x2 Raid has different encounters, and as an extra challenge, may be done with a single group for separate achievements/rewards.
    Scrappyz and Twyla like this.