Raiding Tier List

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Noobnoob, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Noobnoob New Member

I was wondering how everyone would rank the classes in a tier list according to need vs utility? Any input would be welcome. This will probably help those looking to start a new class as well. Here's what I was thinking...

S+- Monk
    S- Coercer, Illusionist, Templar, Mystic, Bard
    A- Inquisitor, Defiler, Dirge, Wizard, Warden, Fury
    B- Assassin, Swashbuckler, Warlock, Paladin, Necromancer, Conjurer
    C- Bandit, Ranger, Templar, Berserker, Shadow Knight
    D- Bruiser

Thanks in advance for your input!
    I should add this is for the current expansion, not future expansions... you can add notes if there is a discrepancy.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

I would put Bandit up much higher. :rolleyes:
    Smashey, Beneeto, Bekkr and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sunlei Well-Known Member

agree, Bandit up with the Bard. A discrepancy, where's Guardian? :)
    Beneeto and Dude like this.
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Monk too high, Brigand too low. Templar too low. Coercer maybe too high.

I dunno. Too many variables when it comes to raid composition. I would say the only ones that are correct are bruiser and maybe ranger and berserker.
  5. Noobnoob New Member

Corrected it... Guardian should be C tier, simply because they're not in much demand, which diminishes their current need in a raid.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

1. Necro
    2. anyone buffing the Necro
    3. all the others
    Smashey, Momo and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I feel like your definition of "demand" is really skewed.

Also you have templar in both S and C tier. The whole thing doesn't make any sense tbh.
    Beneeto, Bekkr and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  8. Noobnoob New Member

Yeah Templar should be at S, not C. I'm so sorry for making a mistake. If you could find it in your heart to forgive me, oh wait, I don't need you to forgive me. Anyways, you don't need to participate in the conversation if you don't want to, just ignore the thread. As for my definition of demand, it is quite simply, "how much in demand are they now due to scarcity or need". I think that's pretty on the spot.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

The problem is that there is no such thing as general demand, other than for the well played toon. Every raid force will have different needs based on what they currently have. That's why people say roll what you enjoy playing, get good at it, and find a group of people you enjoy playing with.
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

- Wardens aren't scarce right now, but in future expansions they are going to have their hearts broken.

- There isn't a healer class right now on the TLE server that is underrepresented and that you can't find one of. Although there are optimal setups for raid, really any healer works right now when you need one. As abilities diversify a little more in upcoming expansions, that will change - but for now the list kind of looks like you might be having trouble finding a healer, not that there aren't any.
  11. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

lol okay
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

defiler, a lot of the masters sell for barely above vender
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

The list doesn't make sense. For example you have illy in S tier, but illys are a dime a dozen, don't need to have good gear or be good at the game, and aren't required for raiding the same way a healer or tank is. Also you invented a new top tier just for monk, with no explanation, that doesn't make sense. Well I guess it makes sense if you value even the smallest bit of utility above every other role for some reason.
  14. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

True - they aren't so much scarce as in: You can't find one, but more like any raid is only going to need or want one. So they are kind of like Guardians in that regard. Also, Rangers spells on the broker have a bag of money attached to them basically paying you to take them :)
  15. SirNaves New Member

I played shaman in WoW and EQ - always needed, couldn't have enough really. I'm making a toon in EQ2 for the first time on Varsoon and going back and forth (considering a bard or healer) and think "Hey, a shaman, healers are always needed and I should find a raid slot no problem."

sadge

but, my masters were cheap af
  16. DENSER Well-Known Member

17. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Name checks out. Let me paint you a picture.

Among his fellow raiders he stands tall, towering above all, the alpha class! The entire raidforce steps back and gasps for air as they watch him levitate a foot above the ground with his arms streched out like jesus on the cross. They all knew, that the berserker just hit Rampage! With a stunning roar into a bloodlust and a quick onslaught it was all over!

Berserker, the S+++
  18. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

That's why a tier list is kinda impossible. They're S tier in the sense that a decent Illy does good DPS and provides good utility. But lots of people play them. So where do you put them? They are definitely needed, but also plentiful. If it's pure utility/DPS, then they definitely belong in S tier. If it's availability, then obviously they'd get put down a peg or two.

Almost any class can work in the right context. The key is, having the right context though. Some guilds have the pick of the litter, others don't.
  19. Reconnection Member

As the list currently stands, I hope no one actually references it for a decision
  20. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

I wanna play the Bandit class. It sounds neato.
    Dude and Beneeto like this.