Fixed Internally Game randomly stops responding and sends to character select after 64 bit update

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by bluemoon, Jul 3, 2022.

1. bluemoon Member

Game randomly stop responding and goes to character select after a minute or so after 64 bit update. Did not have this issue before this update.
  2. Garthan Member

Actually I've been having this issue since I resubbed last year.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I've been having the same issues. Just now, one reason I'm here, I was traveling to sinking sands, got kicked to character select. Then when I tried to go back in was told I was already in game. So, as I've done in the past, I went to another toon and tried to get in and got the same message that I was already in. So, yup it's been a daily thing at least one or twice for the last week. I shut the game down and am fixing to try again. Should work.
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok, got back in after restarting the game, but opened up a druid window to travel to darklight woods and was kicked to character select screen. This time was able to get back in game.
  5. Bydekm New Member

This happens to me about 10-20% of the time when I zone to different areas. Pretty frustrating.
  6. bluemoon Member

was getting this error in debug file.
    [0703/200115.254:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(440)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled
    Enabling it since to have fixed it for me,
    spoke to soon just happened again...
  7. Garthan Member

A few years ago when I last played (I've been playing since 2005), I never had an issue with this, I also 2box, one client on each monitor.

It used to run fine and never had issues zoning or logging into characters. It seems to happen more frequently when I'm running 2 clients, but it still happens with only one as well. I seem to have less client issues though now that it's 64 bit.

Before the 64 bit update I would regularly have one or both clients just stop working all together regardless if I was zoning or not. Although I haven't spent extended periods of time playing lately. The constant kicks to character select and crashing clients (before the update) made me just go play other stuff instead.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Zoning via Fast Travel has resulted in me going to character select once yesterday during around 8 such travels. However, the wait to get back in was less than before. My guess is around half the time.
  9. Ratalthor Developer

Can you provide any additional reproduction steps? Are you zoning or taking specific actions before getting kicked to character select? Are you using default UI?
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm using DarqUI. I was using all access Fast Travel to go from The Commonlands to Timerous Deep for the city festival and do a turn in on harvesting items.

It happened once out of about 8 trips, on Wednesday on Skyfire. And again on Thursday today doing the same thing, on Maj'Dul. I had done fewer trips on Maj'Dul.
  11. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

UPDATE: 7/7/2022 10:20pm
    Just tried to travel from my guild hall travel bell to butcherblock and was sent to character select. Tried to get back in and got the message that I'm already in game. After waiting a few minutes was able to get back into game.

I am using the default UI, I open a druid circle or use the bell to go to another area. It's been a pretty consistent issue since the big update.
    And then when trying to go back in will normally get a message that I'm already in game.
    Sometime it was just a matter of waiting or going to another toon.
    Sometimes I'll have to completely restart the game.

system specs
    Device nameBoocat-PC
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
    Installed RAM16.0 GB
    Device IDFCB5BAD7-A112-4AFA-AFF8-C0C2F8965D52
    Product ID00330-80000-00000-AA903
    System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touchNo pen or touch input is available for this display
    EditionWindows 10 Pro
    Version21H2
    Installed on‎9/‎18/‎2020
    OS build19044.1766
    ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0
  12. Groppy New Member

I've been having this issue since before the 64-bit update, across multiple servers. Happens about every 4-6 zones.
  13. Bydekm New Member

It happen when zoning. I click a destination on the bell, or a door somewhere, game pauses, then to character select. Loading screen box never appears. Approximately 30 seconds before I can return to game, since I "still have a character in game." Frequency changes, but last night, it happened approximately 1 in 4 times I zoned. I only have 1 account open. I'm using DarqUI. Varsoon server.
  14. Yucan New Member

Ever since 64 bit came out I CONSTANTLY get disconnected to character select on zone. Default UI - nothing fancy. Internet is not the issue download speed over 500 mbps - sometimes pushing 1k. Computer not the issue plenty of RAM/Specs - this is an issue from going to 64 bit. Never happened until then.
  15. Rivenly Well-Known Member

Since the update I have been having issues with having both my accounts up at the same time. It seems to be a problem that gets worse the longer they are both on. It's usually fine the first hour or so. The actual activities don't seem to matter. One account is usually standing around in a house or in the city. The game starts not responding and hangs. Logging all the way out and back in fixes it. I have never had this issue pre-update. I will also add that at least two of my guildmates have said the same thing is happening to them.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That almost sounds like instead of fixing our Memory Usage issues by going to 64-bit, it actually made them worse by enabling the game to "access" (= suck up every last bit available of) our memory down to the last byte. :-/

I guess, due to the older limitations, the game would rarely get above 1.9+mil K of Usage (and would slowly creep up to that point over time); now, it's usually over 2.0-2.1mil K in just the main instance of EQ2...somehow, according to Windows Task Manager (Win7), I've got three separate -- copies? Instances? Versions? whatever -- of EverQuest2.exe running all at the same time with one account in use, which also never used to happen before. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Happened again on Friday on both Maj'Dul and Skyfire. I haven't logged into the game yet today.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've clicked on launchpad and nothing happened. So I click again. Nothing.

Taskmanager shows both running. so I kill one. Eventually it shows up on my Windows 10 desktop.

Most of the time I click once and one instance runs. Shows up quickly.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I checked my connection with speedtest.net

Upload 0.22 gigabits
    download 5.2 megabits

Looks like my ISP is on vacation.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Yucan New Member

for what its worth, this is getting worse and worse. It takes a complete exit of character select and reloading to get back in game. Doing this on multiple accounts multiple times a day is enough to make me want to stop spending. Are you even working to fix these 64 bit issues? It's been several weeks of no patches to fix anything.