Is game still down?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyra, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Cyra Member

I hit my desk top icon to log in with launcher. It loads, shows the game is up but........after a min the launcher is closing itself. Totally no way to log in?
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It was up when I tried earlier, but lots of folks are noticing some pretty bad lag since the changes.. I cant even fight due to the lag so I logged
  3. stormbringerxxx New Member

mine is doing the same thing. i log in hit play and a min later it closes
  4. Ladislava Active Member

Yeah I'm having the same issue. I dropped a note in the bug forum. I had managed to get onto test but then like an idiot I logged out
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Bear in mind the first time you launch it after updating, it seems to open a progress window that likes hiding behind other windows, so it is possible it is just doing some initial setup stuff before it launches EQ2 proper. At least, that's what happened for me. It took a minute or, and I am on a pretty speedy SSD, so I imagine if you're on something slower, it could make it appear like it simply isn't working when it's just taking a while.

One possibility.
    Twyla and Jaden like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Been up for a few hours now.
  7. Jaayell New Member

Dopes like me have been relying on the server status page which still shows all servers down :p
  8. KauaiJim Active Member

Yeah I was watching the server status page too. Then I opened up discord and saw that people were playing. It's been up for a bit now.

Anyhow, a big "Thank You!" to the DB/DP folks! I think even my car runs smoother and my pants fit better but I do have a vivid imagination. But seriously, this is a very nice upgrade. Thank you.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Tyrval Active Member

Me and some others ran into this and just used the executable in the directory rather than the launcher to log in, and that works okay.
    Twyla and Dude like this.
  10. ArgoDXandTash New Member

My launcher has been broken since yesterday too. I'm running an Alienware Windows box and have never had problems before this.
    I don't have time to sit here and mess with things. I was playing to escape the drudgery of work. Now, I'm done. Don't need the hassle.
    Twyla likes this.