Darathar over tuned on Varsoon?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Hayyguyz, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Hayyguyz New Member

Heard from other guilds his base STR was around 500, but tonight it was ~731? Hitting guard tank for 7-8k. Tried a pally tank and he was getting hit for 8-11k after debuffs. A few people in the raid had their prismatics and were commenting it seems like he was buffed and by way too much. At this point it doesn't feel even remotely achievable. What gives?
  2. Hayyguyz New Member

Before debuffs

[IMG]

After debuffs

[IMG]
  3. Beneeto Member

pretty BASED change, now I don't have to worry about casual guilds catching up to me and devaluing my achievement! #LuckyPrisy
  4. Subtle New Member

My understanding is they realised the mobs have been nerfed and so was a stealth change to buff the mobs up so that they are now un-killable. Pure coincidence that the HC raiding guilds have got their prismatics so have pulled up the drawbridge to prevent anybody else achieving them.

Possibly the original nerf was needed due to other live content having other factors such as resolve, cc etc being factored in?

I can understand the devs wanting to maintain player interest in the server as the expansion is due to last to Sept and indeed its been good to see new people to EQ2 on the server but changes like this may only disillusion peeps and contribute to early attrition.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Ya can also blame the PUG raids that have their Prismatics. They are the true gatekeepers.
  6. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

If you think any of the "hardcore" guilds are happy about losing the ability to kill Darathar weekly for loot, I want some of the jumjum that you've found, because it seems like it's great at causing delusion.
    Beneeto and Zenji like this.
  7. Malachy Well-Known Member

As someone that's been ready for Fire & Ice since Day 2 it is highly frustrating to have been helping guildmates for a month to get ready for this and then it basically being an out of reach goal now that a full raid is on the step and ready to do Deception.

As far as that PUG that did it, they were better equipped in general than the guild that did it on day 5 - so that's either a joke or a red herring.

If anything should be "overtuned" it should be contested epics, not the mobs required for the standard weapon timeline in vanilla.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

At this point in the history of the game, a PUG raid is probably full of fairly good, higher end players that know how to gear and play, and have multiple kills over the years on this exact mob. They aren't in a guild because by now really dislike people and/or guilds, but just want to play a favorite game. PUGs on a TLE server do not mean undesirable players that are clueless (although sure, some might be).

I vote for the 'high end guild upset that other people can do the content so whined to their 'favorite' dev to retune the mobs' explanation. Because I'm pretty sure that's true.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

I guess the sarcasm in my post was not obvious.
    No I do not think PUG raids are gatekeepers.

Nobody in high end guilds care if casual raiders are killing Darathar.

Your obvious prejudice against people who do not play the game like you, has twisted up your perception of reality.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It's instanced content. The only thing a raid guild might care about is getting the server first. No one cares about who or how many beat it after them. No one.
    Zenji likes this.
  11. Malachy Well-Known Member

So I literally say, "if it's not meant as a joke..." but am oblivious it could be and I have a twisted perception of reality because of my prejudice against people that don't play like me? I do PUGs and group with guildmates regularly and am doing just fine with people of all playstyles. My complaint was to devs, who are fixing their unintended change tomorrow that threw a wrench in what my guild had been planning since day one. Don't know when you fell off the rails and started attacking people personally and jumping to strange conclusions, but okay?

Nice to see you got unbanned from Discord though. G'luck with...whatever is going on.
  12. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Don't think it was directed at you, moreso at the person that literally said they suspected it was a "high end" guild that "whined" to a developer to buff the content.

Of course anyone who's been in a "high end" guild before would know that almost nobody in said guilds cares in the slightest about whether casuals can kill something or not several weeks after they already have it on farm.
    Zenji likes this.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I don't know if any guilds are responsible for the changes, but this story is as old as TLE. Pretty much every expansion the end game content is way too easy (unless the encounter has adds then they usually have way too much hp), the server firsts get it done before the content gets balanced, then the rest of the server deals with it how it was supposed to be from the beginning. Ultimately that's on the devs for constantly releasing untested 18 year old content that's endlessly getting tweaked.
    Turkish likes this.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

You may want to reread there buddy. I quoted someone else. Not you.
  15. Greene Active Member

I'm a filthy casual, and just finished my Prismatic last night. I'm not sure how the stats compare from then to now; he is tough but doable. Good luck :p