Now is the best time to add GROUP FINDER

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Jnrai, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Jnrai Member

Seeing there is a group finder post in general chat that was opened TWO YEARS AGO, and has yet to be implemented into the game. With the new server running now is a good time to reconsider. Add bright white option to the map screen, GROUP FINDER, choose dungeon and sign up que instantly. It will be a massive success.

Reasons to do it:
    - No one wants to form a pickup group by posting in LFG channel every 3 minutes for 45 minutes. That leads to players waiting for someone else to do it for them instead of actually playing the game when they have time.
    - More active player base.

Reasons not to add group finder:
    -literally nothing
    -game developers don't know how to do it?
    -agnostic dungeon finder was clunky feature that no one used because it was hidden away in options

Tier 1 - Level 12-19 (Wailing Caves, Blackburrow)
    Tier 2 Level 20-29 (Fallen Gate, Stormhold)
    Tier 3 Level 30-39 (Runneyeye, Tower of the Drafling)
    Tier 4 Level 40-49 (CT, Obelisk of Souls)
    Tier 5 Level 50 (Nektrops Castle: The Return, Permafrost, Icy Dig)
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

It would be as successful as the last one. You know, the one that nobody used because it was useless.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Jnrai Member

Low player population. Level boosts handed out with every expansion. Mercenaries. Atrocious level scaling system. Several hours que time. Why would anyone use group finder on live servers?

None of those issues are present on the new time locked expansion server.

Every single modern mmo has this tool for a reason.
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

It would be as successful as the last one. You know, the one that nobody used because it was useless.
    Dude likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

and they actually function properly in other modern mmos.
    EQ2 attempted it twice, and it failed both times.
    Dude likes this.
  6. Chimeron Member

I am not a coder at all but i understand the aspect of it ( maybe not in this regard lol). And i have been pondering with my tiny knowledge about , what doors do the 64 bit conversion open regarding loot change , any mechanical change... can we have more cool procs etc now ? because it can handle more load ? im curious
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Drafling is a 40-45 zone. You'd want Varsoon 30-35 and RE for 35-40. You also completely left out Sol Eye.