Crafting Exploit

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dreamphaser, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Dreamphaser New Member

Please fix the crafting exploit that caused kronoes to be 4 times as expensive as they would have been.
    It really is not that difficult to see who is buying the kronoes and also; all the information to fix this crap that breaks the servers economy has been fed to support. Do something with it.
    adaria and Chimeron like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kronos are entirely tradeable from characters on Live and people on TLE can also purchase them, so the supply of Kronos is unconstrained. The price of Kronos on TLE servers is going to be based on the server economy, however... how much plat there is in the economy with which to buy the Kronos..

You can do crafting writs and make plat. You can adventure and make plat by completing quests. Etc. The price of Krono in plat will always be as high as the economy can bear.

The fastest way to make lots of plat, by my years of experience, is to sell shinies. Especially now that XP vials are inaccessible, people buy shinies for collections to help level faster. Get out and pick up shinies everywhere and sell the ones you don't need.
  3. Chimeron Member

I read about it in General chat this morning /sigh
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

plz report exploits as per this post
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/how-to-report-exploits.590899/
    Sunlei likes this.
  5. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'm missing why expensive kronos are a crafting exploit?
    Sunlei, Breanna, Moonpanther and 2 others like this.
  6. Malachy Well-Known Member

Only the initiated to the cabal of exploiters know, apparently.

I've heard about exploits in general chat every day I've been on Varsoon since day one. It any of it true? Most are generic, vague claims. We'll never know!
    Sunlei and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

More plat generated = inflation = higher Krono prices.

I have no idea of how much an impact it's actually having vs. what would have been natural inflation, but it would be silly to say it didn't have any impact at all.
  8. Wiegraf Member

I don't know what the cause is, but the economy gained much more plat than it should have early on so I don't buy the market manipulation. I still don't believe they fixed the original problem before varsoon launch.

Majdul Kronos skyrocketed in price a few months ago, as all servers did. Kronos was at 2 billion plat,.Then they disabled brokers, put temporary caps in etc looked like they were fixing the issue. Now last I checked Kronos there are at 4 billion plat, so I'd say nothing was fixed and inflation continues.
  9. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

High Krono prices are a symptom of a plat exploit.

If there's a thousand players on a one month old TLE, and each of them has managed to farm up 500 plat, then asking 2k for a Krono would be pointless.

If there's an active plat exploit, known to 0.5% of the players, then the plat distribution changes. Now you have 5 people who have 5k plat instead of 500. Now a few people can easily afford 2k for a Krono, while the other 99.5% of the population wonders how. And 10x is, I believe, actually a low floor for plat exploit profits.

As long as the plat exploit remains active, those using it will have a plat generation rate that is exponentially larger than the bulk of the population.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  10. adaria Member

Varsoon will be ruined before it gets going at this rate. not just kronos, everything. i watched boxes go from 4g to 10g overnight. wanted some for an alt but cant afford them now. everything inflating at the same rate. too bad only those who know the exploit will profit from it. so far nothing being done to fix it and ban them. what a shame. so many "new" players on varsoon and returning vets also...in a couple weeks they wont even be able to afford a 28 slot bag :( why isnt this being fixed before it turns into the same as live economy ie 20k plat for a rare ......wont be long.... mounts went from 10g a week after launch to over a plat in less than 2 weeks
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's not an exploit. It's free enterprise! Unless they are automating their crafters.
  12. Rotchi Active Member

Generating plat out of thin air is now considered a free enterprise? That is awesome news. /s

Before you say "selling items on the broker just move play between players".. nothing is being sold on the broker in this exploit.
    As the OP clearly stated: "all the information to fix this crap that breaks the servers economy has been fed to support". Now we can only wait to they either fix it or put a quick band aid on it like they did when they put the 50mil cap on live servers to try stop the exploit that caused Kronos go into billions.

One thing you can always count on in this game, there will always be a way to make plat out of thin air. From the house pet exploit on launch in 2004 until this day, there have been countless methods of duping and exploiting plat and items.
    Siren and Dude like this.
  13. DENSER Well-Known Member

there will always be clever little ones, regardless of the methods of cracking down. but if nothing is ever done... there... it's a open door
    Sunlei likes this.
  14. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Just because something is in general chat doesn't make it true. Server side the game devs can see exactly how people generate income & every trade. If there's any exploit going on report it, don't do it or you'll be hit with the ban stick of doom.
    Pixistik likes this.
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Lots of things seem "obvious" to the average person, yet somehow perpetuate in game. Just because they technically have the data, doesn't mean they have the means to sort through it all, or even then, act upon it.

At this point you I'm convinced you could have an entire group of bots, each one named Iambotting1-Iambotting5, provide video evidence of yourself not only using a bot program, but literally writing a song about much you love botting, along with the login info for every single one of your accounts, whilst livestreaming, posting a thread on the forums with the title "I'm running bots and this is my account info, along with video evidence of me doing it, please ban my account" and you're still more likely to win the lottery than have your account banned, such is the egregiousness that I see people doing it. The fact that they have the data means nothing.
    Riverbear likes this.
  16. Sunlei Well-Known Member

to the one complaining about 10 gold boxes on varsoon...make a carpenter and sell your boxes for less/// or buy my 20 slot backpacks they cost 57 silver to craft and people sell them for 1 gold.

And Mountbatten if you see botters everywhere call them out do something about them. /report and /petition them.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  17. adaria Member

you missed the whole point of the thread, which is NOT about boxes. Its about a woodworking (crafting) exploit thats ruining the economy very fast. I personally have over 50 plat, so im not complaining about a 10g box... reread what this thread about then comment.. its about watching a new economy being rapidly destroyed..its got nothing to do with boxes. the boxes were just 1 example of how fast inflation is going up.
    Chimeron, Tkia and Dude like this.
  18. Andivare New Member

Still not seen anyone exactly explain what they are seeing that is an exploit. What exactly are people doing that is the issue?
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We are not supposed to detail how exploits are done in the forums (or elsewhere), lest it give some other cheater ideas.
    Siren likes this.
  20. Draxxar New Member

The "exploit" that people are talking about is that some items sell to vendors for more than the material prices. Armorers could make fulginate armor that would vendor for like 4ish gold and costed like 1.5-2g to make, but it got nerfed down to 70 silver. There's supposedly something similar in woodworking.
    Breanna likes this.