HQ items for alts...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Hayyguyz, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Hayyguyz New Member

Forgive my noobness as Varsoon is my first time back to EQ2 in over a decade, but wasn't there a vendor somewhere that allowed your alts to purchase HQ items acquired on your main? Is this not in Varsoon and if not are there any plans when it would be available?
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

They killed this whole concept entirely in the last patch.
  3. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I know the Shady Swash would let you purchase HQ items that you'd deleted or sold, but only for the character that had completed the HQ. They introduced the Inheritance merchants on the Fallen Gate TLE server back in 2017, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a thing ~10 years ago. I don't believe they have any plans to add the inheritance merchants to Varsoon, but I could be wrong.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

They removed those merchants from the game entirely in the May 24th update.
  5. Boldac Active Member

The inheritance merchants never made any sense in that you could do the HQ on one server and then forever get it on other servers to include leveled up versions later on.

I do agree though, having to redo all of the useful HQs on every alt can get boring and down right make people not want to make alts. (Alts btw, keep people in game longer versus the raid-loggers or those who rush to max level, do the raids for a week or two and then leave until the next xpac)

I floated a suggestion on discord that the Shady could sell heirloom versions of the items. That way, you'd still have to complete the HQ on any new server, but could then pass one to an alt to encourage people to make alts (and to help those who have an alt addiction).

And make the L90 (or whatever they were) upscaled versions go away forever.
    adaria likes this.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I like that idea, only I'd tack a heavy status charge.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

Why? you can drop $10 on crates and have all the status you will ever need. (Or just use the free monthly ten pack once)
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Sigh, that's true. I often like to live in a fantasy world where corporate greed hasn't assaulted and violated every aspect of our gameplay.
    adaria likes this.
  9. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'm remembering in the past, the items you could get from the vendor for alts had slightly less better stats than the original item - which is (IMO) fair, and a great idea. You don't have to do the HQ over and over again for every alt to have the things, but if you have an alt that also needs to be maybe a little better geared than the others, you'd want to do the HQ over to get the 'better' item.
  10. Andivare New Member

As with most TLE servers they are set up with something that act as a draw. Fallen Gate was the HQ TLE so it made more sense to have the vouches. This TLE is free trade so that is the focus. If you make a good amount of money you can get very good gear on the broker. No need to bring back old concept like HQ vouchers. Glad those merchants finally got to retire.
  11. adaria Member

Would be nice to do the HQs once instead of over & over on alts :(