Exploiting game mechanics in pvp

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Vishous, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Vishous Member

Can we get a GM/Dev to take a look at the two big issues happening atm?

1. The quest in FFell giving 500% run speed which kills pvp.

2. Call of the Hero being used with Charm and or Bruiser Drag..
    Conj hides in FFell then casts CoH on a group member who has Charm or Drag and once that person engages other in pvp with one of those abilities they accept CoH and then ports to the Conj with person in tow, then allowing them to kill said person in a matter of secs because of the broken DPS from both Conj and Bruiser.

I do not know why Devs have ignored major issues on Tarinax since beta and we are what 8months or so in? and still the issues are being ignored. The server is dying and needs some help from broken mechanics, OP classes that kill in a matter of seconds. Conj/Necro can kill someone off 3 spells with the pet and no time to react, healers shredding classes in a matter of second, even killing 3 people at once etc. just to name a couple things

We also NEED the pvp quest giver in KOS changed to allow kills in any zone so we can continue to farm the pvp gear off him for alts or even some mains. The concept its KOS zones only was wrong then and its for sure wrong now since NO ONE goes to those zones now for pvp, what little there is.
    Hartay likes this.
  2. Nuada Active Member

Yes, no "lethality and toughness" has destroyed the balance forever in this game.

Even "David Georgeson" said something like that, he said "lethality and toughness" is the best for pvp balance.

as you can see now he was definitely right.

With that, u can balance all, PVE 1milion hits and @ same time pvp 1k hits. With hard cap for pvp´

in original nagafen we got all crafters max "2x" but atm it makes no sense to do that.

i have pulled myself up with my wife 2 max chars, in tarinax. we bought the best gear for € 400 and stopped playing, it's just not fun if you can't work it out yourself, to spend money it feels more like cheating, and this ruined the fun.

i needs pvp gear, for PVP, and that is the best gear on the server, if not, the server is never again for a long time full
  3. Obano Well-Known Member

2. Is a legitimate PvP tactic. Never trust a Bruiser in PvP. Using skills that are available in the game is not an exploit especially stuff that has been known about since 2007. This happened over ten years ago but I was once reported for hacking. I had to explain to the GMs how the trick worked but after they executed it from themselves they were like: "whatever do what you want."

There is even a PvE achievement for doing these old PvP tricks. See Look what the cat dragged in.

[IMG]
    Sunlei likes this.
  4. krokous Member

You are shame of server... You pay for powerleveling and pay to get gear... Zero skill in PvP and you whine about PvP being broken. We are actually happy such ppl leave server.
    Zamza and Siren like this.
  5. Sunlei Well-Known Member

The 300 Frostfell speed drops at the ramp or so I thought. Then I noticed a couple ppl zip around super fast in qeynos, they went off in a druid portal. A shame really these people are top pvp players they don't need to cheat to make gf s.
    Surprised the sever can't flag ppl running at 300 speed outside of frostfell. Give them a timeout. And pay them something for revealing a game bug that's probably been around for years.

Far as the charm goes, that's a legit tactic IMO. Mage and Necro are nothing without their pets. Surely your group can figure something out to help you.
  6. Zamza New Member

It's not legitimate. It's literally the same thing as charming and evacing with someone in tow, which was patched out a long time ago (except with CoH you aren't limited to transporting them to the spawn point in any given zone -- but wherever you please). Make it make sense.
    Siren likes this.
  7. DefeatedZ Member

No it shouldn't work. Drag should force you into combat thus unable to accept any call; be it a Call of Hero or Marketplace call.

This being said, it's always been very debatable. It may not be exploiting exactly, but it's very shady tactics in my opinion in regards to messing with contested and such.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Those aren't exploits, it's simply poor game design.
  9. DefeatedZ Member

As I said, it may not be an exploit. Definitely questionable, however, and has been debated for many years. It's poor design and very shady to be used.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Eragahn Member

And now they've nerfed drag to a maximum distance of 10 meters. Yet someone getting charmed can still be toted around anywhere for duration of charm. I mean, there's even a video here in these forums of someone charming in pvp and purposely taking them underwater and drowning them. I never even heard of the drag + CoH until reading it here. Most I ever did, was sonic punch + drag, which basically has the same result as ranger hook shot. Ranger hook shot still has it's distance unnerfed.

How about returning drag to how it was and just making it so that it enters the person into pvp combat? While you're at it, do the same for charm. If you charm someone in pvp, it should put you into pvp combat. That would have solved the problem of being able to be called instead of basically breaking an ability of one class that has been around since naggy.

Oh, let's not get started on how op Templar hammer is.
  11. Sunlei Well-Known Member

oh lol they did not " purposely taking them underwater and drowning them"

The person swam underwater and their water breathing spell was 'despelled' then they were mezed/charmed and had to stay underwater a bit to long.

lol that despell mostly removes a low level spell.....water breathing happens to be a very low lvl spell /laughs that was soooooo funny a vid because the person drowned happens to be one of the best pvp players left on a server where only about 20 people are active :) <3 you need that earing with water breathing so they don't drown u again....even my baby lvl 20 de-spell can remove water breathing from a lvl 70

now you're angry at the hammer...omg get a grip
  12. Eragahn Member

Regardless, it clearly shows the person being charmed and purposely dragged down into the water to be drowned.

The point is, only one class got hit with a nerf that should never have been nerfed. As stated; drag, hook shot, charm, etc should throw the person into combat so that they couldn't be called. That would have been the correct balancing rather than nerfing drag to a near useless point. It's been reduced to basically just a force target now.
  13. Sunlei Well-Known Member

14. Nuada Active Member

I've never spent money to buy gear or level, you don't even know me.

But i know, i have over 30k. "PvP Total Kills - Worldwide" under the top 20 killers. And u will never get in your life to this spot because there are not more enough players. :eek:

Although that doesn't say much, of course. Because Jett is Rank 3 / 64k kills and i won vs him to 90%

really sad that I have to justify myself because of a "conspiracy theorist" like you. :cool: