Warden or Mystic?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sehenry1010, May 22, 2022.

1. Sehenry1010 Member

I am going to main one of these 2 but I am a bit new to healing in EQ2.

Which of these 2 will generally be more sought after for dungeons or raids?
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Warden.

Possibly mystic too.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  3. Orav New Member

I played a Mystic on live during the Nagafen launch, and i was always sought after. A mystic/Troub, or Fury, were amazing in groups. The question is would you rather place wards to prevent damage, or heal damage itself?
  4. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

5. Sehenry1010 Member

I don't mind healing either way. I think I have changed my mind from Warden to Fury though, if I understand it they solo a bit better. Also, Wardens will start to be more melee focused with his spells if I read it right and I want to stay caster based. I love the though of being able to port, but I know after 1-2 expansions its probably not a big deal anymore.

Mystic is still a class I want to try, but I think it might wait for a bit. From what I understand it doesn't solo nearly as well as a fury, but if I am wrong let me know.

I am thinking Templar also now as I see they can heal while moving which just seems HUGE to me. I figure they are probably more raid focused healers, and I also think they are slow soloers also.

I might do Templar first since there should be a plethora (woo big word!!!) of groups available to get him going with, and I could play the fury more after groups slow down.

Any comments on my thinking? Am I way off?
  6. Xevran Well-Known Member

Inquisitor, Warden, and Mystic are melee healers. Though melee doesn't really come into play until a later expansion.

Templar, Fury, and Defiler are caster healers.

It's actually kind of the opposite, ports will just get more useful as expansions unlock. That being said there's usually a port bot in the home cities so it's not a huge deal. Clerics (Templar/Inquisitor) actually get an ability that's basically a better call to home which is also pretty useful -- especially when combined with the port bot.

Fury and Warden are the best solo classes out of the healers. Soloing on a healer is going to be slow in general though, but druids are the least slow.