Personal Harvest Depots should allow all harvestables

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Test Taffies, May 22, 2022.

1. Test Taffies Active Member

Tradeskill harvested items like: swamp-smooth pebble, wasp threading, tuptan fruit need to be allowed to be placed in a personal harvest depot. No reason why it can't be, as it is a PERSONAL depot. Please!
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Except that Personal Depots can be used by others if you give them permission. Therefore NO TRADE or Heirloom items can't go into any of the depots. I'm not sure it's a good tradeoff to lose that flexibility just to store those. Although maybe a new Depot that was personal use only may be possible?
    Jesaine, Twyla, AOE1 and 1 other person like this.
  3. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Those odd items I put in that house vault. Easy access when needed that way.
  4. Denmum Developer

If there are fully tradeable items that should go in, give me their names.

The "personal" part of the name just means that it is different from the guildhalls and can be placed in a personal home, but it leaves way too many chances for exploits if anything no trade or even heirloom goes into it, as it allows people to trustee anyone they want, and allow them to snag the quest items, bypassing a chunk of questing.
    Twyla, Hartsmith and Jinksie like this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

they are specialized quest harvests, they are not going to go into any depot. Harvest ahead if you want, keep in your bags if you do dailies, but once you're done with those factions you will not need really to harvest them anymore
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I think one addition that would be nice would be an Heirloom Depot - ONLY characters with the owner toons account number flag would be able to access/deposit/withdraw from it. House access level ignored.

Would that be possible at all?

Also, I still get the various ammo items from apprentices (Fragment of Elements, Disease, Venom, Mind, etc), and they still don't go into a harvest depot even tho they're fully tradable.
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Chaeli like this.
  7. Traesta Member

Heirloom Depots would be amazing with the amount of Heirloom Items we get.
    Moonpanther and Breanna like this.
  8. Denmum Developer

Not an option, sadly. It would take our code team, and they're booked so far into the future that it isn't funny. It isn't a direction that we want to go, especially since players have shared bank through which they can channel heirloom items.

Is it just those fragments? Can you think of anything else? I am planning on fixing the fragments for the next GU, but it'd be good to know now if I've missed considering something else that should go in.
  9. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I sort of figured the coding would be too much, or so far down the line it could be an issue. Still, it was a nice thought! ;)

I'm not sure, maybe - I'll have to look through my characters banks/vaults to see if there's anything I'm stash-hoarding because it won't go into a harvest box. If I find anything, I'll let you know!

Thanks, Mum!!
    Rosyposy and Denmum like this.
  10. Twyla Well-Known Member

Personally, I would think if it went into your harvest bag it should go into the harvest depot. I have several items in my Guild bank that go into my harvest bag (from PoP) but won't go into the Guild harvest depot, they aren't heirloom. They go into the personal harvest depots some of my chars have but not the Guild Hall depot. They go into the Guild bank (not to be confused with the shared bank) but not the Guild depot. I'm old and it confuses me. :rolleyes:
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Morukta like this.
  11. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

If you put together a list I'm sure Denmum will look into them being added/updated! :)
    Rosyposy and Twyla like this.
  12. Jesaine Well-Known Member

I don't recall personal harvest depots being available at all when I last played in 2016. Must have, limits or no! :D
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

There are various harvest depots for your house available that can either be bought with real cash, on the marketplace, or made by a 445(?) tinkerer.
    Jesaine likes this.
  14. Denmum Developer

Get me names, please, so they can be added to the list of things to fix. (There are hidden flags that decide if something can go into a harvest bag, and if it has one of those flags, it goes in the bag. Depots only recognize one of those flags, so if the item doesn't have that flag, it doesn't go into the depot and requires that I manually add the flag to the item if appropriate.)
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

They don't make containers big enough to handle all that junk
    Jesaine likes this.
  16. Twyla Well-Known Member

LOL, I knew you were going to ask that as soon as I clicked post. The items are all from my crafting apprentices and are:
    Fragment of the Elements
    Fragment of Flame
    Fragment of the Void
    Fragment of Frost
    Fragment of Disease
    Fragment of Venom
    Fragment of the Divine
    Fragment of the Mind

Thanks, Denmum. You are amazing! :)
    Morukta likes this.
  17. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Thanks for making that list! Those are the fragment items I was referring to earlier. If I read your previous post correctly, you are able to deposit them into personal harvest depots on some characters but not others? Or did you mean they fit into harvest bags but not depots? I don't use harvest bags (none I have ever had were big enough to matter to me), but never got the fragments into any personal or guild depots.
  18. Jesaine Well-Known Member

And as a side note from my earlier post... I logged onto my Inquisitor / Jeweler and go upstairs into her Qeynos mansion's attic, and what do I find in the corner... Personal supply depots, ROFL. :D :D :D

Looks like they've been around longer than I thought.
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Morukta like this.
  19. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Yeah, the personal harvest depots have been around a LONG time (tinker recipes). It's the house item & scroll depots that were added recently. :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I'm not sure if it's possible, but how about the reforge effect items? They're not heirloom or anything - could those be tagged for depot deposits maybe?

'Lesser' - 'Minor' - 'Moderate' - 'Major' - 'Greater'
    Essence of
    Fire - Ice - Electricity - Radiance - Acid - Illusion - Shadow - Pestilence - Runes - Nature

I think that covers them all... I could do a full name list if you like (50 of them total?)
    Rosyposy likes this.