Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Denmum, May 13, 2022.

1. Denmum Developer

Ugh, I was afraid of that. I am out of the office for at least a couple more days and possibly more, but when back, I will move the book to be an item offered on quest acceptance and then removed if the quest is deleted. We had to make the crate infinitely lootable while on the quest so players could get more supplies if they deleted them in any way. I am not totally stressed on multiple books being owned, since they're no value and such, but it is a bad precedent to set.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

ooooh no forget I asked lol
    it's a pretty book, so if it's removed after quest is deleted, does that mean we can place it and farm more? the precedent for that already exists, the scary eidolon tree comes to mind. I guess it could stay the way it is? It not a problem, unless you see eventual problem with it...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

There's more problematic behavior of the belt. Turns out I was thrown outside boundaries of the house and actually landed on top of basement room, which along with the stairs leading down to it seems to be a separate "cube" from the other rooms of the house. When I jumped down and landed inside the house again (in the basement, and the belt was placed in front entry room) I encountered a spot where the belt's conveying effect was still working, got stuck in a moment of looping movement while just trying to get out of that spot on the floor.

This is a fun bug, reminds me of lingering light effects from some staff placed on mannequins when the mannequin is moved or picked up, and light stays. Only this item seems to leave its effect in a totally other room of the house.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Quest gearing the Competition - springs could use a lil sparkle, they really blend well wtih the surrounding junk.
    Also Blueprint feature works with crafting, thank you if intended.
    Can we make the items harvestable until we have finished the quest? I tried to mass craft and lost some materials, was unable to click to harvest more items in that instance.

Also only High testion spring harvestable seems to have a name upon mouseover
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for the feedback and being polite about it, Gelenor. Because you can do this dungeon without having either the mission or the quest in your journal (after initial time through), we did not want anyone to have to rely on the quest steps to progress. But I do understand what you are saying! We will be adding more direction and messaging to the dungeon progression when helping Boegie prove himself to Evaluator Gnimbletok.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Kaitheel Developer

This should happen after the next art build, which is planned before the event goes live.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Denmum Developer

No on the blueprints being intended. That trivializes things just a little too much and will be changed once I am back at work.

I will fix the dungeon spawns to be harvestable during any step of the quest as well.

I'll check the name on mouseover thing as well. I already think I know what I flubbed there, without even being able to log in to see the code yet.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

The following changes have been made and are on their way through the pipeline:

• Blood, Sweat, and Gears - Sprocket Gearsniffer is now level 120 and removed from inventory upon quest completion.
    • Not Easy Being Green [Event] - Sprocket Gearsniffer is now level 120 and removed from inventory upon quest completion.
    • Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial [Heroic / Solo] - More direction and messaging has been added to the dungeon progression when helping Boegie prove himself to Evaluator Gnimbletok.
    • Gearing the Competition - Tinkerer's Competition Blueprints no longer utilize the blueprint system.
    • Gearing the Competition - Rotational Gears, High-Tension Springs, Energy Source and Power Regulators will now respawn if the zone shuts down before player has completed the quest.
    • Gearing the Competition - Rotational Gears, High-Tension Springs, Power Regulators, and Energy Source can now be harvested again, if you need more for crafting.
    • Gearing the Competition - Electromagnetic Sparklets are now removed from player inventory each time they are placed within Tinkerer's Trial.
    • Gearing the Competition - Clockwork Energizers are now removed from player inventory each time one is installed.
    • Gearing the Competition - Tinkering Competition Supply Instructions book is now given when the quest is offered, and removed when quest is deleted or completed.
    • Gearing the Competition - Tinkering Competition Supply Instructions [Reproduction] book is now rewarded when quest is completed.
    I am not sure when these changes will hit Test, but they should be noted in the update notes when it happens.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Denmum Developer

Kaitheel deserves ALL the cookies right now, folks. :D
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

For the adventure quest, you cannot do it unless you are wearing VoV starter gear at minimum, just like the newest chronoportal adventure quest during Chronoportal Holiday event. It's meant for players who have VoV, not for players who only have BoL or RoS.
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Okay. That's a relief! I had corrected one bug where a bauble required by the dungeon accidentally had a level 125 requirement. I was hoping you hadn't come across something like that.

I understand your point about the stats that are provided from recent expansion equipment being a windfall in these dungeons, but characters are not locked out of the content by not having equipment from RoS or VoV. When I list something as a requirement, it is a requirement that cannot be circumvented. Having the ideal stats to guarantee success is not a requirement for entry. The good news is that level 120 characters can group with others for both the solo or the heroic dungeons. Hopefully they find teamwork is the key to their success and to earning some very nice items, granting them those stats they will find very rewarding in the future!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

thanks for giving us the pretty book for our homes after quest completes.
  13. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Cosmetic but common: Advancement text from npc's is not considering thee race of the player. My |Kerran Beastlord is constantly referred to as a froglok like wit the acceptance text for joining the Tinkerer's Guild
  14. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Effects game play: Tinker Solo

1) If you loot (collect from ground) the coil before killing the two named, the quest stage auto-updates, The quest series results in a failure on the final Rhino mob (where mobs shows quest flag), as you do not have 2 updates that are meant to be downed as the same time as the coil collection:

2) if you die in Tinker Trial at the final Rhino named, Rhino will no longer show quest flag and advance quest if you kill it again. Ie no result in achievement "Tinkerer's Trial Terminated. and a lot of wasted time and effort as you wait for the zone timer to expire.

3) I would recommend quest information on the stage of the quest, as currently you get nothing
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

IS there any possibi;ity of getting the various tinkered pipes to scale smaller? They're all far too big for normal domestic plumbing. I can think of a bunch of applications for the new straight and elbow pipes but even at their smallest size they're still bigger than the sinks and things to which I'd like to attach them :( And there are older pipes that have the same problem. Are all gnomes busy size compensating or something? :p
  16. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Ttlle of "Of the Arkanon Tinkerer's Guild" is given to NPC Boegie..a froglok, not the character completing it.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Although your character starts the quest interested in the Ak'anon Tinkerer's Guild application process, it turns out that Evaluator Gnimbletok is already busy considering the froglok for guild membership. Your character helps Boegie, the froglok tinkerer, gain entry into the guild. That is why the descriptions are about a froglok and why Boegie gets the title at the end. I'll try to make this a little more clear in Tanston's dialogue prior to zone entry.

* Mind you, I am unsure if this dialogue edit will make it in time for the event launch on live servers due to the update schedule.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Kaitheel,... Does the quest that updates the achievement "Tinkerers Trial Terminated" for which you need to get 6 updates, have a hidden internal timer? The zone timer for Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial (Solo) has a 3 day max, 1 hour 30 min timer.

However, it feels like when I complete the internal zone quest the same way each time, when I reset the zone re-timer, that every second attempt of the quest in the zone to update achievement, fails (gives no update).
  19. Kaitheel Developer

You are referring to the mission entitled, "Not Easy Being Green [Event]", (it's what you have to complete 6 times for "Tinkerer's Trial Terminated"). It is a daily mission, so yes, it can only be completed once every 18 hours.

The mission is automatically added to your quest journal when it is available to you, upon entry to the zone. The mission will not be offered to you if it hasn't been 18 hours yet.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Twyla and Denmum like this.
  20. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Thank you for the explanation. Completed with my monk on Test, and the effect on the Golden F'Aestival Bracers for monk includes increasing the effectiveness of Overpower by 100 for 30 seconds. I am no Monk master, but brawler classes do not receive Overpower as a combat ability.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.