ty to entire eq2 team

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by mythicaly, May 13, 2022.

1. mythicaly Active Member

thank you so much to entire team for making solo's do able for solo players like myself, i am forever grateful!
    Aenvar, Husvik, Koren and 6 others like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

I agree. The perfect MMOG should have a good balance between solo, group, and raid adventuring so that there is something for everyone.

EQ2 isn't just about competition to see who is the best player. EQ2 is a virtual experience that frees the player of the material world and all its headache-inducing stress.

It is a great world to be in and explore regardless of whether we like to fight and kill things or just putter around making things and decorating houses. And while there are aspects of the game that could use some work, the game is basically what we make of it. There are so many things to do that no one should feel like they have done it all.

Which is why it is important to be able to solo, when that style of play fits the best, or group and raid, when a little more excitement and socialization is wanted. I think the EQ2 team has done a pretty good job of finding a nice balance and are working hard to make it even better. We just have to work with them to make this the greatest game ever.
    Twyla, Husvik, Koren and 2 others like this.
  3. AOE1 Well-Known Member

It is easier for some classes more than others. Since you show two classes that can melee and heal themselves, with the help of mercs it shouldn't be too big a hurdle for you to do them. Other classes, not so easy.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

KoS, RoK, and SF really got that balance right.
  5. Husvik Member

I'm 100% solo now, where back in 2004 for years i was 100% group (well you had to group, but i was into that back then).

Now 100% solo and loving it, i enjoy the world, lore, exploring, play at my own pace, at night i want to relax.

EQ2 is a good fit.
    Breanna, Andrea, KauaiJim and 2 others like this.
  6. mythicaly Active Member

i have 14 toons so far those two are my fav, on release of this expac it way way to scripted for disabeled (Ataxia) to solo was impossible now i'm able to solo timeline till forlorn, stuck at rfosie revery,,,,,,,,,,,,but i'm happy i was able to get this far on my pally
    Hartsmith and Twyla like this.
  7. Twyla Well-Known Member

So far Vetrovia has been pure pleasure for me. Challenging but not stupid hard, my faith was restored on this expansion as I was afraid the game was going to be nothing but stupid hard cuss at my monitor eat aspirin like candy since Chaos Descending.
    Hartsmith, Husvik and KauaiJim like this.
  8. Celestia Well-Known Member

I like this expansion. I have a LOT of problems with this game, but I admit I enjoyed this one more than ones in the past. My only concern is that some people have harder times than others based on class as was mentioned in the the other thread about soloing. Maybe it’s just having to wait a few days for the mount and merc to lvl up though.

I WILL agree that it was easier to solo this expansion than it was reign of shadows.
    Twyla and Hartsmith like this.
  9. Husvik Member

Glad to know I'm not alone, i really like this expac too.

I "kinda" gave up on the game back in 2010, started in 2004, left came back, met the right people and went hard for 4 years, memories of a lifetime. Around 2008/09 the people i played with started to fall apart.

I tried many come back attempts, the things the company was going through really made me apprehensive about throwing more time into the game.

The 2022 roadmap was my subconscious green light, and yeah, wow, i missed so much content, so far i truly love AoM, PoP, BoL(mostly it's not so bad) and ofc VoV, which to me is a home run actually. I need to hang out here more than reddit.
    Twyla, KauaiJim and Hartsmith like this.