It's time

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Celestia, May 19, 2022.

1. Riverbear Active Member

A new character race would follow the path of least resistance. More model action and refinement already exists for the evil addition already. Emotes, movements, sounds. The most likely candidate for it is.........
    **Tosses grenade and runs!**
    G O B L I N !
    Twyla and KauaiJim like this.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I don't think there were any true evil frogloks, unless they were the undead frogloks in Lower Guk.
  3. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I always thought some dwarven variants would be cool. You could play a Coldain. I mean, they wouldn't be an evil race, but I'd imagine it'd be one of the easier options. Maybe they could adapt the classic orcs that seemed to have player skeletons. Barring that, adapt the troll skeleton and give it an orc head.
    KauaiJim likes this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's what I'm saying.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Riverbear Active Member

So you are down with the Goblin Character!
    Awesome saws!
    Sweeten the Deal ~ Give us Goblins as a character race to play & I will vacate posting on Forums entirely :)
    KauaiJim likes this.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

By the way the only reason I mentioned sirens was because they would be a water race so possible underwater area, and because they remind me of the DnD Air Genasi or Sea Elf.

It may have sounded stupid but that's why.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I want Hua'Mein player characters. Maybe they'd fit the Ogre model?
    Hartsmith likes this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That would look terrible.
    Breanna and Beneeto like this.
  9. Celestia Well-Known Member

Hua'Mein are too adorable anyway.
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

I would like to see a siren or dryad(with legs not a trunk) type or even add new hair style/face markings for characters we already have
    Hartsmith, Siren and tasnee like this.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

I mean, so do Ogres, so... <3
    Hartsmith likes this.
  12. Accendo Guest

Oh, come on. You LOVE this stuff!
    Twyla, Siren, ttobey and 1 other person like this.
  13. IkeuCakes Member

I'd agree on this - Just nice little things.. Maybe not hairstyles, yet, until they can get everytthing onto one skeleton for ease of access.

But, what about color variation? If possible, just for everything around? I have no idea how easy it would be to add say, darker skin colors for the fairer races or just overall different hair colors. I don't know, I just think it would be neat.
  14. Celestia Well-Known Member

New hairstyles would be nice, I agree.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Aterskia Active Member

WELLs,....
    whatsa 'bout dem SQUIDDY-faced beasties?
    deys WAY evil,.. an WAY phooglee, an aw weddy gots skeleton,...
    (um, well, me's assumes dey gots skeleton, mey-by deys aw squishy)o_O

jus ignore helmet an you's dun? rite?

Hua Mein as well as Burynai way way easy. :D
    dey aw weddy gots caster, melee, an buff appearances ;)
    (just Burynai no kin dance, an dey awso seems 'faid of mounts)
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

I'd play a Siren. ;)
    Breanna and KauaiJim like this.
  17. Riverbear Active Member

You are better suited for Goblin, love.
  18. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

But but but..... the VoV werewolves are soooo coool ;)
    Twyla likes this.
  19. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Maybe not in the past. But a new evil that turns formerly good races evil?

PERFECT! Then being an evil offshoot, you could call them the inhua meins.
  20. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Not initially when the race was added. I heard they could start choosing evil deities to start with only after the Trolls retook Grobb, which the Frogloks initially took over for themselves in the first place. That all happened well after EQ2 came out, so I wasn't around to see that happen.

I'm not *against* the idea of Sirens or Werewolves being introduced as an evil race, but Norrath already has a large number of both Sirens and Werewolves who have proven they aren't inherently malicious. The Lyrech faction of Werewolves are directly opposed to Mayong Mistmoore in the Loping Plains. The Sirens of Cobalt Scar are predators by nature-- there's a quest in Cobalt Scar where a siren tricks you into thinking they need your help, but they lure you into a trap for them to feast on your corpse. I suppose if Sirens were to be introduced as an evil player race, the Sirens of Siren's Grotto would be the most likely source.
    Riverbear, tasnee and Twyla like this.