Instead of TLE - Make EQ3

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rhoks, Nov 11, 2021.

1. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Just reading the title....tle gets a total investment of dev time of prolly 10 weeks a year at most. You're talking an entire game built from the ground up with nothing at it's base except lore.
  2. Rhoks Active Member

Thank you for your input
  3. Willie Gates New Member

So true, they have the franchise. Take classic eq1 game play with modern graphics and new zones and lore and that is all you need. I don't understand their problem.
    Rhoks likes this.
  4. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Give me a more advanced EQOA if we go for an EQ3. Lycanthropy/Wereform system was a lot more interesting than Ascensions and we did got some pretty nice systems in general out of it. Loot and crafting both left a bit to be desired, though, if my memory hasn't gone completely bad lol.

I do think if we did an EQ3, we need to bring back and respect the Square rather than the Triangle. Tank, CC, DPS, Heals over Tank, Heals, DPS. Balancing CC is only difficult if you want encounter design to be more lopsided in favor of the NPCs. A game where good player coordination is rewarded wouldn't be a bad thing.

Also, add one more class for Fighters and one more class for Mages since they never got a Beastlord/Channeler equivalent. Could even take an opportunity to do more with the Truespirit lore, or even rework the idea if it makes more sense in a new setting.
    Cluelesscargo and Rhoks like this.
  5. Rhoks Active Member

Id love too see more classes released over time. It really did bum me out knowing Tanks and Mages never got extra classes like the scouts and healers did.

I dont know if purchasing new classes would be easier than releasing them by time. My reasoning behind purchasing a new class is it could be more balanced form the start as opposed to BL and Channelers being Xpack specific so they were created around the time they were released.

Idk i could be wrong on that and some people would be turned away from purchase a class but I think that would bring more players back in the long run by releasing new classes every so often.

Hell Black Dessert Online does that and they make a lot of money off new class releases. And before people chime in, I understand BDO is a way different game than EQ
  6. Cluelesscargo New Member

EQ3 would be cool, I guess; just cause EverQuest and EverQuest II are still running, I would enjoy to get on a EverQuest Online Adventures server can use another round after being shut down back in 2012. Maybe a remaster & some crossply would be cool.
  7. Rhoks Active Member

I think the perfect timeline would be EQ3 comes out when this new TLE Varsoon starts to die which could be around 3 years
    Cluelesscargo likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I don't know. By then Pantheon should be in pre-alpha. :rolleyes:
  9. Wiegraf Member

EQOA, had the best end game. Either you sat around town showing off your ceremonial vestments all/all robe, or you rolled a pet class to join the all pet class raid groups cheesing content, in order to get enough money to buy the CV robe that no longer dropped.
  10. Beneeto Member

instead of EQ3, make EQ4
  11. Rhoks Active Member

lol we can only hope.
  12. Cluelesscargo New Member

OH?! ooof...I wouldn't know tbh; I think I may have achieved level 30 :D; yet, I did say maybe a remaster version, most likely could use a few changes - as well a fix or two; to help longevity of the game ect ect ect, I just see it as a IP that is just siting there, that could be used. A few remastered servers an could launch a classic eqoa servers l8r if it dose well.
  13. Rhoks Active Member

EQ3 2025 No Ques and wait times for log ins please and ty