Deepforge Faction

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, May 15, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

It's been a couple of years since I needed Deepforge faction so was rather unhappy to find that it takes a week to build faction enough to buy the workstations. I completed the sig line, and the tinkerer's quests, and that should have been enough to build faction but it seems I'm 2K shy and can't get more quests until next week. I have no idea how this benefits the game. It isn't like the typical crafter is blowing through content so needs to be slowed down. It's like putting grease on the feet of turtles so they don't go so fast.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The whole point of MMOs is to immerse yourself within the content for as long as possible. When that faction was current, it was expected of tradeskillers to take their time so they didn't blow through the content, just like you said.
    Tkia and Breanna like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

But I want it now!! Why can't I have it right now! /emotes screams, kits feet, and holds breath....
    Tkia, Almee and Breanna like this.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

Yep, I did all that because I had donated my forge to the guild hall which only has the guild-amenity workstations. I figured I really only needed the three workstations, in my new craft house. I needed to do the ToT tradeskill quests anyway, to get access to KA so I could get the goblin gardens for my new characters. I haven't had to buy workstations since they came out with the forges, so it's been years since I actually bought ToT stations.

My point is, if they wanted players to spend more time playing in ToT why not just give them extra quests or repeat some of the quests already available to save time and money on creating new quests? It takes the same play time if I do the quests in a week or I do them now. What is the point of the week's wait?

Look at it this way, it is like your mother sending you to the store to buy ice cream. You happily do as she asks but when you get home, she tells you that you will have to buy each serving of ice cream plus you will have to wait a week before you can have some to eat. In addition, you will have to walk to the store again, next week, before she will sell you the ice cream.

Maybe that scenario makes the week's wait alright with you but it isn't with me. I play this game to get away from the insanity of the real world. I don't need it in the game I pay to play.
    Maviarab, Geroblue and Hartsmith like this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

So would you like yet another 'give me everything now' button for this faction or would you prefer a bigger 'give me everything in the game NOW' button so you can simply log in, create a character, press your button and mark the game down as finished?
    AOE1, Chikkin, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

As I said in my post, it takes the same amount of time so where is the "give me everything" part? The one week wait accomplishes nothing for the game or the player.
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

How can it possibly take the same time when what you're specifically asking for is an instant gratification change that will reduce that time by a week? A week? A whole week! Wow, that's almost an eternity ...
    And what it does or does not accomplish is simply your opinion, and a very subjective one at that. Believe it or not some of us still like to feel as if we've earned our achivements when we get them and fast and simple doesn't produce that satisfaction.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

It has to do with math. If it takes me 3 minutes to fry an egg today, it will take 3 minutes to fry an egg in a week. The time lapse, between, has nothing to do with it. So it makes little difference whether I spend 3 minutes in Maldura doing a task today, or I spend 3 minutes doing the same task in a week, if the goal is to have the player spend time in the game.

But we are talking about a workstation here. Suppose it was a weapon. You spend a lot of hours doing all the things you are required to do to be awarded a weapon. But when you've finished all those things, you are required to wait a week or month before you can buy the weapon to use. How many players do you think would remain in the game if that was the case?

Weapons are the tools an adventurer uses to level their character. Workstations are the tools a crafter uses to level their character and to make items to decorate their houses.

If they change the game, and make adventurers wait a week to buy (not be given) their epic weapon, after they have finished all the quests required, then I will accept having to wait to buy workstations. I think, Tkia, since you are big on players waiting for their rewards, that you should champion this idea to the devs. I'm sure it will be welcomed by all the other players.
    Geroblue likes this.
  9. Denmum Developer

Ok, let's back the tensions down a few notches, please.

Edit: I had a nice long reply typed out, explaining about how, since there are other options for purchasing crafting stations, that the small delay was merited. After all, these are just an appearance change from the ones that require a considerable amount of time, coin and guildstatus to obtain from your home tradeskill societies and city merchants.

However, you DO realize that there are daily tradeskill quests from Maldura, not just a weekly one, right? The dailies give 2K status apiece.
    Breanna, Tkia, Daryx and 4 others like this.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply, Denmum. Apparently things have changed since I last bought the stations. Back then, we could only craft ToT, and above, crafts using those workstations. It wasn't just an appearance thing which is why I was distressed when I couldn't buy the stations as I wanted to spend the week making upper level furnishings while stuck in bed.

I have no problem buying the status stations if they work just as well. It's nice to know I can skip those extra quests to get to KA and the goblin garden with my other characters. It's rather ironic, though, that the delay in buying stations will mean my characters will have to spend less time in ToT which was apparently the rational for the delay.
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

Denmum,.I re-read your post and thought about your saying the daily quests gave 2K faction each. I only needed 2K faction, as I had done the sig line, the tinkerer's quests, the dailies, and the weekly which gave me 38K of the 40K I needed to buy the workstations.

The problem is the dailies can only be done once during a Thursday to Wednesday week. So, a player has to wait up to a week to buy the workstations unless they complete the quests on Wednesday, before the turnover for the next week. After the turnover, they can spend three minutes running one quick errand quest and buy the ornamental workstations to replace their status ones. It is this type of unnecessary complexity that is keeping my veteran EQ2-player friends from returning and it makes me sad because we used to have so much fun playing the game together.
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Denmum Developer

Ah, right, they are each individual "dailies", but a mechanic was put in for those so you could do all of them at once during a week, instead of having to go back each and every day and do one single one of them. That was actually a merchanic to make things easier for players, not harder. :)
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

Yes, and I love that ability, especially since zoning can be a pain at times due to Internet traffic. I would love to see that mechanic applied to all the older daily faction quests if the character has out leveled the zone in adventuring and crafts. There are a lot of faction quests I don't do just because the effort isn't worth the time waiting to zone for one quest a day.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I can't stop shaking my head at your constant whining Almee.
    Your comparisons to adventure stuff are flawed, your real life comparisons are laughable. Frying eggs? Really?

See, the time and effort are calculated and spread out to ease the mindless grind, but still give you a little activity and a little reward for a short time you spent completing it. Those rewards (faction AND coin that you need to buy those stations) accumulate over time for a bigger reward - having satisfactory faction and coins to buy the end product you want. And you would need to do many more dailies and weeklies to earn enough coins to get all the stations, or pool coins from alts doing dailies so your main character who finally has the faction can buy them.

Your statement of "a lot of faction quests I don't do just because the effort isn't worth the time waiting to zone for one quest a day." is just mind blowing. Woman, you are in a wrong game if you cannot muster up the will and/or strength to zone somewhere to get one quest.

By the way, your memory seems to be a bit foggy, those stations always crafted everything that comparable city faction stations crafted. The difference was just in the look and animation (or rather lack of the latter for a long time). And the means to obtain them.
    Breanna, Smashey and Tkia like this.
  15. Almee Well-Known Member

Well I am sure some of you will be delighted to know that they have changed the way they do things in ToT-- at least as of today. I quote the Wiki for the weekly quest:

Restocking the Deepforge Depot

Rewards

When I did the quest today I got 1K status for completing the quest and no dailies were offered. Seems I angered the EQ2 gods.
    As for the coin to buy the stations, I have enough, for the three stations I wanted, after doing the quest series and side quests. I actually have enough to buy 5 stations if I wanted or needed them.
    Geroblue and Hartsmith like this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Today on HOF:
    (1652968196)[Thu May 19 14:49:56 2022] You receive 2 Platinum, 26 Gold, 80 Silver for completing Restocking the Deepforge Depot.
    (1652968196)[Thu May 19 14:49:56 2022] You gain 61600 status!
    (1652968196)[Thu May 19 14:49:56 2022] Your guild has received 6468 status!
    (1652968196)[Thu May 19 14:49:56 2022] Your faction standing with Deepforge Founders could not possibly get any better.[+2000]
    (1652968196)[Thu May 19 14:49:56 2022] Your faction standing with Shields of Maldura could not possibly get any better.[+1000]

Which is as listed on the wiki, on the quest dialogue box and which it has always been. What did you think had changed?
    And these quests are on a strict 24 hour timer so if you were there at 23:59 or before you wouldn't see any of them until each of their timers ticked over.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

Well it is nice you got 2K faction but I got 1K faction so my current standing is 39K of the 40K I need. I guess HoF players get a different amount than those on AB or there is a bug on AB. As for the dailies, they normally reset at midnight PST, on Wednesdays, according to Denmum, on EQ2 Traders, and on Wiki. I didn't do the quest until this morning around 9 so all the quests should have been reset but only the weekly was offered.
    Geroblue and Hartsmith like this.
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Thalumbra/Maldura crafting weekly is always the harvesting one, dailies are all different and the whole set of them resets every 7 days. You are initially offered all 7 dailies when you are eligible or when you go to Maldura after not taking any crafting quests for longer than 7 days. It's your choice to do them one per day or all 7 on the same day. You will need to wait 7 days for each daily to cycle around before it's offered again.
    This is different from any previous expansions, there was much discussion and confusion about it, but it works for your benefit if you want to zone into Maldura once per week, get all 7 dailies plus weekly and do them all right away.

All ToT crafting weeklies and all dailies award 2000 faction with Deepforge Founders (crafting faction) and 1000 faction with Shields of Maldura (which is the adventure faction). You only need to get Deepforge Founders to 40k to buy stations. They are available only on Thalnor <Deepforge Founders Merchant> who is standing next to Gwynvyn (crafting dailies/weekly giver) in Maldura

It is not different on HoF server, you just need to check your character.
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

I checked my character when they wouldn't sell a woodworking station to me after I completed this week's weekly which should have awarded the 2K I needed but didn't get. My faction states I have 39K. I had 38K yesterday. In my world, 38+1=39 so I obviously only got 1K of faction. As I said, maybe it is a bug. I'll have to wait for Denmum to sort it out.
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

Do you have 39k with Deepforge Founders or Shields of Maldura?