TLE leveling guide?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Shogun2007, May 14, 2022.

1. Shogun2007 New Member

Can someone direct me to the guide? I only played TLE once and it was on SH so i dont remember where to quest at lower levels past caves/ruins.
  2. Beneeto Member

I don't know of any detailed leveling guides but here's the general template I do:

1-10 (Solo): Starter island quests, Outlying city zones (Peat Bog/Graveyard etc), Darklight Wood / Frostfang Sea.
    Can also do the first sewer zone (Down Below/Thieves Way).

10-20 (Solo): Darklight Wood / Frostfang Sea, Antonica, Commonlands (you can do all of these zones regardless of alignment, as long as you don't mind running across 2 continents), mid-sewers (Vermin's Snye / Serpent Sewer).
    10-20 (Group): Blackburrow/Wailing Caves, Firemyst Gully, Fallen Gate/Stormhold

20-30 (Solo): Level 20 Armor Quest series, Thundering Steppes/Nektulos, bottom sewers (Crypt of Betrayal, Edgewater Drains)
    20-30 (Group): Fallen Gate/Stormhold, Ruins of Varsoon, Condemned Catacomb / Gobblerock's Hideout (quests here are easy and give some nice gear)

30-40 (Solo): Enchanted Lands and Zek, Feerrott at 35+
    30-40 (Group): Runnyeye, Rivervale, Nektropos Castle if you want to do the HQs (not a great zone for level-grinding)

40-50 (Solo): Everfrost, Lavastorm
    40-50 (Group): Temple of Cazic Thule, Permafrost, Obelisk of Lost Souls, Deathfist Citadel and Solusek's Eye for their HQs, Icy Digs for gear

Some other stuff that can help make the solo grind less painful:
    -There's a merchant in the mage guild in Qeynos/Freeport called a Sage, that sells some book quest starters. These quests take a while to do but they give a pretty nice chunk of XP, and generally involve mobs you'll be killing for other quests anyway. Also the Catalog quests, XP simply for going through zones and clicking on mobs.

-There are four quests in Antonica that each give a decent 10-20 gear piece for simply visiting locations in Stormhold. Two start in Sayer's Outfitters (cabin quest hub in the western side of the zone), one starts in Windstalker Village, and one in the ruined belltower in the center of the zone. If you have invis you can complete these quests without fighting anything, or if you don't have invis you can do them while in a Stormhold XP group or following behind another group's clearing of the mobs.

-There's a quest in Commonlands that starts at the Crossroads, that only requires you to go into Fallen Gate and click on a corpse near the entrance. It gives a pretty decent gear piece for barely any effort, since most of the aggro mobs at the entrance are easily soloable. (I completed it on a Templar by just casting my reactive and running through the mobs, the corpse doesn't have a "loading bar" to interact with it so you can do it with mobs wailing on you)

-Getting writs from your city's four faction hubs will provide some extra XP and status, so I recommend picking up some before going to their relevant zones.
  3. Adamtess New Member

This is awesome, I can assume this would also play out for a duo to run through the solo and try finding groups where we can? What can we expect as far as speed goes if we're both using exp pots, I know we won't keep up with the groups power-grinding but should we feel comfortable pushing to 50 by end of week?

It's my first time playing this game and I'm psyched, but there's really not a ton of reference out there and I'm trying to learn as much as I can going into it.
  4. Beneeto Member

If you're duoing and using XP pots this would probably only take a week at most, probably less than that, assuming you play 2-4 hours a day. I used this path just last week, and managed to reach 50 on Live playing solo, not spending any AA points, and with my AA conversion bar at 50% (so I was effectively leveling even slower than Kaladim/Varsoon XP rates) in about 12 hours /played.
    The most difficult aspect of this is keeping yourself decently geared for the odd heroic content that is frequently scattered amongst otherwise solo zones in Vanilla (even really lowbie zones like Oakmyst and The Caves will have high-level ^^^ nameds casually strolling through the solo mobs). That's why I mentioned those quests that give Legendary gear for only having to set a small step into some heroic dungeons. The common answer I see is "just craft your gear!" but unless you have 9 alts you're leveling crafting for, you're not going to be able to make everything you need past level 10.
    From what people are saying based on Beta testing, it seems that heroic content is mostly pretty easy, so you might be able to do a great deal of it as duo, albeit much slower than a full 6-man grind group. It's worth attempting if only to complete the quests in those zones for their rewards.
  5. Shogun2007 New Member

Thank you for the detailed response, hopefully there will be plenty of groups from BB/WC and up. Soloing is painful on most classes ,on Beta right now lack of low level groups since most people use level 50 token and queue up for Icy digs.
    What expansion is Butcherblock btw , is it an ROK? When do we get AA's?
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Butcherblock is Echoes of Faydwer, and AAs start one expansion earlier in Kingdom of Sky.
  7. adaria Member

Darklight Wood / Frostfang Sea these zones if u follow the main questline end up with a free mount at lvl 20ish..........UNLESS TLE removes those rewards....idk i only play kaladim and was able to buy mounts so idk
  8. Tyrius Guest

I am a new player to eq2 as well, Been trying the Beta and am so excited about playing on Varsoon but yeah not many people to group with as I am lvl 14 so far been 2 days playing but a fun game
    Jaden and Breanna like this.
  9. Beneeto Member

I'm sure you know this already, but on Beta everyone is using the boosters to ding 50 immediately for testing endgame content. I don't think anyone is seriously testing 1-40 content there, unfortunately. When the server launches for real, there will definitely be more options for low level grouping.
  10. Adamtess New Member

You're the best Beneeto, will my playing a Templar severely limit the speed at which I can solo? I've been messing around with it on Beta and it feels slow, then again I'm not using any pots and being very leisurely on the beta, I'll be pretty hardcore once the game kicks off.
  11. Laalon2 Active Member

Solo'ing with a Temp is NOT going to be quick
    Siren likes this.
  12. adaria Member

no need to solo on a TLE ever :) but just to be sure make and lvl the templar first while everyone else is lvling and grouping. I joined Kaladim when they were in EoF i think and i was able to max out like 10 toons. no problem at all finding groups. thats why i love and ONLY play TLE now
  13. Beneeto Member

Templar is probably the worst possible class to solo (believe me, I've done it fairly recently). With AAs it becomes a bit more tolerable since you have Cleanse and Bolt of Power to add a bit more damage to your spells, but before that your DPS is abysmal and power management is a chore. If you want to play a solo healer, go with a Druid. Otherwise, you're best off planning to group your way through the levels.

Templar is definitely my favorite healer to play in group/raids though, so if you're not going to go solo then it's a pretty rewarding experience.
  14. Aiona New Member

I know it has been over a month since the last post here, but I am bumping this since it has been relevant to me as a "newly returned" player on Varsoon!

Thank you for sharing your leveling path :)
  15. Kurth Member

Sneeze

Ding 50
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

Gesundheit
  17. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Thank you for your helpful contribution to this post.
    Fetish and Zenji like this.
  18. Bjardok New Member

@Beneeto Do you have a general guide from 50-70?
  19. Arandar Well-Known Member

50-57: cyclops, raptors, giants in PoF
    57-63: SoS
    64-70: PoA + HoF

Note that if you're a tank, virtually none of your upgrades will come from contested zones or instances. You'll have to do the KoS quest lines and get lucky with some drops from open world named.
  20. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

My advice when fighting mobs as a Templar is to be sure to pull them away from where you engaged them - just in case the replacement mob will spawn before you've killed the first one, so you don't have to deal with both. I am only kidding just a little bit, but not much.

That said, I did the SoS portion of Claymore completely solo on my Templar. You can train better than many tanks, and if you can position so you don't get a bunch of mobs at once, it's ..if not 'easy'..doable. I felt kind of beasterly when I got done with it :) (P.S. It took three days)

Plus, agree with Beneeto about playing a Templar in groups and raids. It has always been fun and rewarding, but being able to move and cast some heals makes it probably one of the most fun healers to play right now - if you are supported with a group.
    Fetish and Bekkr like this.