Cannot Reproduce Frillik tide (Pirates! quest)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by aaumnoka, May 11, 2022.

1. aaumnoka New Member

I get past the Captain, set the oil on fire, and some crew members come running, but the ones in the rear of the boat where I need to go, don't come running. They just stand there. I can't get to the rear to finish the quest. It's very frustrating. Please help.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

did you try to follow this wiki write up?
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Pirates!

and is that step 12 the one you get stuck at?

12. Remove your crate disguise, and click on one of the blue sparkly barrels to spill the rum. Click the lamp to set the rum on fire, climb back into the crate and head back the way you came.
    Dude and Twyla like this.
  3. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Why is this in bug reports? What is wrong with starting in general gameplay?
  4. aaumnoka New Member

Yes, yes. I did all that. But I'm supposed to go to the rear of the boat to get my gear and I can't. When I did this in the original Frillik Tide quest, it worked, but in this Pirates! quest...it doesn't.
  5. aaumnoka New Member

It's in Bug reports because it's a bug.
  6. Chrol Developer

I wasn't able to reproduce this, doing the Pirates! quest from start to finish.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. aaumnoka New Member

I'll try again. When it happens I'll press /bug. Maybe that will help. (Does it make a difference that the character I'm playing is Gueneviere, a lvl 120 half-elf illusionist? And not Aaumnoka?)
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I think I know what your problem is, you are going the wrong direction after you set the rum on fire. You should go back the way you came, through the room where Captain was (he's not there anymore). It's empty in that part of the deck there, you run across and sneak into the next room where slaver wearing your hat is, follow the write up, or tips and prompts your character is saying out loud.
    Dude and Daryx like this.
  9. Daryx Well-Known Member

I just did this quest Saturday and it went fine. Chikkin's idea sounds like a good thing to investigate. When I do it, I don't even wait for the captain to leave. I set the fire, jump back in the crate and immediately head back the way I came. By the time I'm halfway across the deck, the crate explodes and everyone is gone.

And that way I always know I'm heading in the right direction, into the running crowd.