Is it PoP or Planes of Magic or CD or Elemental Planes or...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Hartsmith, May 9, 2022.

1. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

As the sole member of my guild, it falls to me to send out the guild's gatherers to collect harvestables. Preferring to go by the resource with the lowest quantity, I am often having to go online to lookup which tier the resource belongs to when all the descrip tells me is that it is used to craft levels 110-119, and as most know, that could be one of three different expansions. But to add even more confusion, when you go online to see where the nodes are for a specific resource, it will tell you which expansion it comes from. However, the gatherers dialogue uses different names.

*sigh*
    Seriously wishing the harvestable's description included a reference to the zone that it comes from that matches what the gatherers dialogue says.

Edit
    Etherium? Wiki says it comes from PoP. That is planes of magic, right?
  2. Denmum Developer

When level ranges cover more than one tier, things get confusing quickly, and there's only so much cusomization we can do on the resource end of things due to how that text is autogenerated. :(

When I have a spare couple hours, which isn't likely in the very near future, I'll try to look at the text on the gatherers and see if there's some wiggle room there where I can clarify things.

Meanwhile, what I did for my guildhall back in the day, because guildmates were having the same issue, was to put a player-made book on top of the harvest depot that listed the nodes by tier and zone, and what resources came from them. (I used the info from http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g23&menustr=040000000000 - I can't speak to what the wiki has for resource references anymore.)
    Marae, Sigrdrifa, Finora and 6 others like this.
  3. Kethryl Active Member

I spent a lot of time fixing up some of the harvesting tiers on Wikia a few months ago, because I realized how out-of-whack they were. I think I did an okay job getting this page close to 100% accuracy, but if I fudged something, please feel free to let me know (or submit a correction yourself).

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Harvestables_(Tier_12)
    Daryx, Jinksie and Forestchild like this.
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Thank you, Denmum. I know there is a ton of work that goes into making these games, so I appreciate every little bit of clarification that can be managed. I'd still be happy if all you can do is modify just the main three dialogues (guess that is actually nine total) so that it includes the expansion initials of Pop next to Plane of Magic, CD next to Elemental Planes, etc.

I had been meaning to make one of those books for the longest time, but had been dreading the data entry of it. So I am glad you linked to eqtraders. That makes it a simple matter of copy each tier and pasting to notebook where I can prep it for an in game book. Very helpful. :)
    Twyla and Forestchild like this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

From my cursory examination, it looks great. The biggest issue for me has been trying to remember that Planes of Prophecy is the Planes of Magic and Elemental Planes are Chaos Descending, and then having my search listing the item as either PoP or Planes of Magic instead of saying it is located in Planes of Magic (PoP). Hopefully, now that I've typed them in a way that connects them, I will have an easier time remembering.
    Forestchild likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Usually when we get a new expansion with new nodes, someone adds the new nodes and their harvests to the wiki. I'm usually not the person who does this, since I generally focus on quests, both tradeskill and adventure, first, then I get burned out.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  7. Marae Well-Known Member

I offer this bit of information to hopefully help out with some of the confusion expressed in the original post: "PoP" stands for "Planes of Prophecy," which is the expansion name. The "Plane of Magic" (singular) is one of the planes included in the Planes of Prophecy expansion. Other planes in that expansion include the Plane of Innovation and Plane of Disease, but I think most of us probably do most of our harvesting in the Plane of Magic. I mean, the Plane of Innovation is a junkyard, and who would want harvests from a place called the "Plane of Disease"? :eek: "CD" is "Chaos Descending," the expansion which includes the elemental planes and Myrist, the Great Library.

I agree, it is confusing having so many different harvests from different expansions that are all the same tier. You would not believe how OCD I am about keeping harvests in my bags organized! :)
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  8. Denmum Developer

Here's the text of the playermade book - it needs Vetrovia information added, but otherwise might help. It also didn't include the zone info for PoP (Plane of Magic), or that CD is commonly used for Doomfire, Detroxxulous, Vegarlson & Eryslai ... I may have been running out of room in the book or just running out of time. I'm sure you folks can mutate this as needed if you want to drop it on your depots.

Rares are in parentheses.

T1: Starter zones. Tin cluster, leaded loam, (bronze cluster, solidified loam), rough malachite, lead cluster, (rough lapis, copper cluster), roots, (yarrow), severed elm, (severed alder), rawhide leather pelt, deer meat, (waxed leather pelt), raw white tea leaf, jumjum, baubbleshire cabbage, black coffee bean, (dreadberry) frog leg, sunfish

T2: Antonica, Commonlands, Vale of Shattering, Greater Faydark , Darklight Woods, Timorous Deep, Frostfang Sea. Iron cluster, salty loam, (blackened iron cluster, alkaline loam), electrum cluster, rough turquoise, (silver cluster, rough coral), tuber strands, (sisal root), severed maple, (severed bone), tanned leather pelt, vulrich meat, elephant meat, (cured leather pelt), raw carrot, raw black tea leaf, murdunk orange, Antonican coffee bean, sisal root, (fire melon), crab meat, freewater grouper, glowing material

T3: Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest, Zarvonn's Tower (Eternal Gorge), Butcherblock Mountains, Firemyst Gully. Carbonite cluster, pliant loam, (steel cluster, malleable loam), gold cluster, rough agate, (rough jasper, palladium cluster),belladonna root, (dandelion fiber), severed ash, (severed fir), boiled leather pelt, lion meat, pig meat, (cuirboilli leather pelt), steppes mountain bean, sweet onion, fayberry, oolong tea leaf, (halcyon plum), seafury mackerel, thicket crayfish, sparkling material

T4: Enchanted Lands, Zek, Cove of Decay, Bloodskull Valley, Steamfo. Feyiron cluster, supple loam, (feysteel cluster, ductile loam),velium cluster, rough opaline, (rough opal, ruthenium cluster),tussah roots, (oak root), severed briarwood, (severed oak), bear meat, griffon meat, etched leather pelt, (engraved leather pelt), cucumber, green tea leaf, everfrost ice bean, wild apple, (rockbud fruit), murkwater carp, shark fin, glimmering material

T5: Rivervale, Feerrott, Everfrost, Lavastorm, Steamfont. Fulginate cluster, bonded loam, (ebon cluster, fused loam), rough bloodstone, diamondine cluster, (rough ruby, rhodium cluster), ashen roots, (figwart root), severed teak, (severed cedar), strengthened leather pelt, owlbear meat, wyrm meat, (augmented leather pelt), browncap mushroom, white peach, lavastorm robusta bean, pu-erh tea leaf, (elixia pepper), nerius trout, cauldron blowfish, luminous material

T6: Sinking Sands, Pillars of Flame, Lesser Faydark. Indium cluster, soluble loam, (cobalt cluster, alkalai loam), beryllium cluster, rough nacre, (vanadium cluster, rough pearl, succulent roots, (saguaro root), severed sandalwood, (severed ironwood), stonehide leather pelt, caiman meat, sabertooth meat, (scaled leather pelt), prickly pear, darjeeling tea leaf, artichoke, maj'dul coffee bean, (ireheart radish), tiger shrimp, conger eel, lambent material.

T7: Loping Plains, Tenebrous Tangle, Barren Sky, the Bonemire (not all islands contain all types of nodes) Adamantine cluster, porous loam, (xegonite, spongy loam), rough topaz, azurite cluster, (rough moonstone, acrylia cluster), hanging root, (nimbus root), rough lumbered rosewood, (rough lumbered ebony), horned leather pelt, ravasect meat, aviak meat, (dragonhide leather pelt), sweet chai tea leaf, soaring coffee bean, xegonberry, squash, (bristleskin gourd),flying fish, scintillating material.

T8: Kylong Plains, Fens of Nathsar, Kunzar Jungle, Jarsath Wastes, Moors of Ykesha. Ferrite cluster, mineral salt loam, (incarnadine cluster, silicate loam), rough kunzite, deklium cluster, (rough fire emerald, tynnonium cluster), lichenclover root, (mantrap root), redwood lumber, (mahogany lumber), bristled pelt, (hidebound pelt), torsis tea leaf, cabilis cocoa bean, cranberry, succulent petal, (blood orange), baracuda, king prawn, (magma rock fish), smoldering material.

T9: Sundered Frontier, Stonebrunt Highlands. Titanium ore, (brellium ore(, amber, quicksilver cluster, (ulteran diamond, kaborite cluster), bamboo shoot, (toxnettle root),sumac lumber, (eucalyptus lumber), mottled pelt, ( spotted pelt), lapsang tea leaf, caynar nut, marr cherry, kejekan palmfruit, (greenroot tuber), giant octopus meat, seahorse roe, ethereal material.

T10 (level 90-95): Withered Lands, Cobalt Scar, Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plains, Vesspyr Islands: Rhenium ore, (tungsten ore), amethyst, iridium cluster, (black star sapphire, osmium cluster), matoppie roots, (banyan root), swamp ash lumber, (bubinga lumber, etherwood lumber), thick bear pelt, panther meat, raptor meat, (metallic reptile hide), aduki bean, plump lychee, ripe mangosteen, white peony leaf, (ashenbone clover), cutthroat trout, plump haddock, effulgent material.

T11 (level 96-99): Tranquil Sea, Phantom Sea. Cadmium ore, (carbide ore), uncut tourmaline, iodocus cluster, sapphire bixbite, lumium cluster), leonid root, (hiven root), larix lumber, (araucaria lumber), ragged leathery hide, stringy meat, (pristine leathery hide) handama leaf, kith peppers, hylocereus fruit, sulfur fruit, (stormthorn), fresh thresher fin, incandescent material

Thalumbra: splitiron ore, glittervein ore), umbrite, bornite nodule, (lumicite, arcannium), thalumbral root, (deepstone root), malduran lumber, (petrified lumber), abyssal pelt, (umbral pelt), mycelial tendrils, wild tempeh, fruiting sporangium, fruticose lichen, (battle plantain, victornut), umbral trout, abyssal angler, thaumic material.

Obulus Frontier: (shadowstone ore, luclinite nodule, shadow quartz, shadeweave root, shadebark, leathery shadeleaf)

PoP: etherium, (rubicite ore), golden ember, darkstone), storm stalk, (strand of ether),gnarled entwood, (storm ent heartwood),plumewit hide, greatmole meat, (cnidcara hide), deadly mushroom, rock fern, (matron's heart), nightmare cichlid

Doomfire, Detroxxulous, Vegarlson, Eryslai: silvered fleck, (golden fleck), reef cluster, (azure sapphire), strangler root, casiun root, dewpalm lumber, arborian wedge, nimbic hide, basilisk meat, needlescale hide, deadly terrorfruit, wandervine fruit, (judicator palm heart), flitterfin tang

Luclin zones: Luclizite cluster, (prime luclizite cluster), humming azurite, (humming sapphire gem), slow creeping root, (jumping creeper), hornbeam spruce log, (wracked wood wedge) ,hardened zelniak pelt, rockhopper meat, (lustrous rockhopper hide, zelniak steak) ,radiant algae, lunar mushroom, (lunar pome, shrieking mushroom), splitfin dartfish, (lantern hogfish)
    AOE1, Breanna, Kethryl and 3 others like this.
  9. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

This is awesome! Thank you very much.
    Breanna and Denmum like this.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I am using the node chart from eq2traders and have for a very long time. In fact, it stays up on the mother monitor when I am in game. Thanks, Mum, for all the work you and your helpers have done over the years and continue to do.
    Twyla, Hartsmith and Denmum like this.