Instead of TLE - Make EQ3

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rhoks, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Rhoks Active Member

I can only hope so
  2. Reconnection Member

My biggest fear for EQ3 is that it will incorporate the worst elements of what EQ2 has become: so much P2W/pay for an advantage. Mounts, familiars, LoN, krono, research, etc. I'd want a game that's free from all of that, something more akin to what Pantheon is aiming for with challenging group content throughout the leveling experience.

I doubt I will ever see the EQ3 I'd dream of.
  3. Rhoks Active Member

Well if you go back to the original launch of EQ2 we had none of that except mounts which you had to pay for in came and not with real cash.
  4. SeaJae Member

I'd be genuinely shocked if this team had the capability to make a new game.
    Rhoks likes this.
  5. Kurth Member

I'd hope EQ3 is closer to EQ than EQ2, there's probably only a few things I'd want from EQ2 to carry over: Instanced scripted dungeons like Nektropos, collections, housing, crafting.

I'd drop back down to 16 classes though, limited hotbars/abilities, and a bigger focus on groups setting up camps and more downtime. Downtime is when you get to interact and chat with your fellows, it's where you really build the lasting friendships in MMOs. Modern MMO design like SWTOR, STO, etc you never really have reasons to talk to the other people. It's too casual-friendly.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I dunno, eq3 would probably be a lot like elder scrolls and ff14. Bunch of meaningless solo content and 15 minute group instances.
    Rhoks and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I tried both of those games and I was bored to death.
    Siren likes this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Actually it will be more like MarioKart.
    Geroblue, Beneeto, Siren and 3 others like this.
  9. Rhoks Active Member

Good thing I like mario kart
    Siren and ttobey like this.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

AntoniaKart
    Siren, Turkish, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jadefox2 Active Member

Thnk the gnomes already do that during the holidays :)
  12. Rhoks Active Member

We play "Who can throw the gnome the furthest" During the holidays
    Breanna and Jadefox2 like this.
  13. Turkish Member

It seems like EQN did a lot of damage. It would be interesting to see how a title carrying the EQ name would do after that disaster.
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Kurth Member

You guys made a guantlet clone and a Hearthstone clone, why not a Mario kart clone?
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Will we be able to throw Lodizal to flip over the other carts?
    ttobey likes this.
  16. Rhoks Active Member

Clone mario kart and make it a side thing in EQ3 problem solved
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any adverts for EQ/EQ II. They have pages on Facebook. But that is it. When I mention I play Everquest, this year and last, people say 'Oh, I didn't know it was still around.'. Lack of adverts does that.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Rhoks Active Member

Different time back then. I think the use of social media and adding advertisement now would help IF EQ3 came out
  19. Mitze Member

I really disliked FFXIV STUPID mini-games just to cast spells.
  20. Smashey Well-Known Member

What a great idea. You lot just find the 40 million dollars needed for an EQ3 project to even become feasable on a paper.

Holly tried to do it for at least 2 years after EQN got shut down and its obvious why she left, it just wouldnt be possible and their current EQ titles has stagnated if not fallen into a hole.