Info Needed Kael Drakkel - Ring War PQ

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Apathy, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Apathy Member

Sat through the entire duration start to finish. Only person doing the PQ. Event just ended, NPC despawned no chest or anything left over. Can provide combat logs.
    Kethryl, Replay, Malachy and 2 others like this.
  2. Replay New Member

12-Manned the PQ tonight on KD. No reward either.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Ratalthor Developer

What was the scenario you encountered this issue? Were you just the only person to not get a reward?
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Apathy Member

I attempted solo, managed to kill two or three of the Epic (x3 I think). Sat for the full duration on my Illy, fighting the whole time and after event ended no chest or any kind of message. I did have the quest while in the area of the PQ. No other players were in the area during my solo attempt.

For Replay's attempt, this was during a guild raid, we had a x2 out there and we did get quest credit for Coldain HQ, or perhaps another quest (I forget as I was not on that step, Replay should have more details); however, no participants received or were awarded any chest. Nothing appeared after the event ended.

The same occurred for Storm Gorge PQ, should we open a separate thread for this one? I will need to find out how far we made it, I want to say made it to Wave 3 (Epic x3), but don't recall exactly which difficulty. Will have to check with guildies on this.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Malachy Well-Known Member

Yes, was on Epic x3 mobs, no chest dropped for anyone.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Someone would need to rerun this on live to check, but the last time(s) I did this on live no chest spawned either.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue internally. Does anybody have any consistent reproduction steps for us?
  8. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I don't understand the new PQ system.
    I am here at Ring war on kaladim, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm.
    At 7pm, the soldiers lined up, nothing happened, no giants spawned.
    At 8pm, they despawned, I went to storm gorge, nothing.
    At 9pm, when it should be up, nothing is happening. I am on the Fallen Swords Questline, and there are 2 other people here trying to advance their quest too, but nothing is happening, like... no giants to kill, no soldiers.
    I heard there is a new PQ system, but can't find anything about it.

The Fallen Swords Quesline, Frostreaver Ring quest, all depend on participation. Please let me know what I should do to activate it.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Confirmed, just sat through another RW PQ and all the soldiers line up but there is no mobs to kill, nothing to start.
    I had 1 group of 6 plus 2 outside of guild hoping to advance the Fallen Swords Timeline.
    Please remove that requirement to kill and just "visit" the ring war PQ area for the update so we can advance the questline.
  10. Chrol Developer

How it works...

Echoes of the Ring War spawns
    Stage 1: Prepare for battle! 0/1
    - just have to wait 10 minutes for it to update. This is to give everyone time to get to it and prepare. There is messaging in chat showing the time remaining before the kromrif assault commences.
    Stage 2: Stop the invading kromrif army! 0/24
    - bunch of level 90 epic x2 and x3 giants spawn and attack the dwarves. Attack them back! Get updates. You know they're the right ones as they have <Kromrif Invasion> under their names.
    Final Stage: Defeat Narandi the Enraged and the final kromrif assault! 0/7
    - Narandi the Enraged, epic x4 and 6 other giants spawn - kill for updates.

PQ completes - get a key, unlock a chest, loot!

I tried this on Kaladim, letting it run naturally, and it worked as expected.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  11. Naneeje Well-Known Member

The messaging in chat did not happen.
    There was no invading armies, 0/24. In fact, it stays at the Prepare for battle! 0/1 for the entire hour and 20 minutes it remains active, at least it did this last night. We had 8 toons ready and moved around a lot and nothing happened.
    You say you tried it on Kaladim, I will try again today after the patch, but last night it did not work.

And than you very much for explaining how it's supposed to work!
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Naneeje Well-Known Member

The issue is timing.
    I showed up at 435pm EST and there was no soldiers or chat or RW up.
    At 4:38pm EST, the soldiers spawned, and because I was there, the chat started talking 9 minutes, 8 minutes, 7 minutes. and so on.
    It started at 4:48pm EST and I was able to complete it. It took 59 minutes to get to Narandi and the final 7, which also spawned at the beginning, so unfortunately, I was not getting any updates for killing Narandi and that crew, so I went to another crew and that started knocking the counter down. Once the 24 were done, Narandi spawned again. I killed his crew again and completed the update. 1 hour and 17 minutes, 240k average dps for group. Definitely do not kill Narandi first :) Thank you Chrol!
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Malachy Well-Known Member

Any update please? As the title says this is an issue on Kael, not Kaladim.