Why is ONLY Maj'dul server down?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Qilen, May 5, 2022.

1. NoPoliticsInEQ2 New Member

Sigh! No sign of progress, I take it?
  2. Miroh Well-Known Member

Don't they say its easier to write new than to go back through old to find the problem? lol
  3. Herac Member

Halls of Fate are down too
  4. Miroh Well-Known Member

They brought down all of them (I believe) at 10am est.
  5. EmJay Well-Known Member

All the servers were brought down this morning for the patch. However, MajDul was the only server nonstop crashing yesterday. Seems odd since I would think all servers had the same coding. I suspect since the Test server they do have is hardly conducive to test anything except maybe the tradeskill stuff, they need somewhere to test what they are working on in the background. So, I guess MD are the lucky ones. YAY!!!

I will say it's all getting very, very old. I know yesterday was different from all the Unrecoverable errors that are running rampant in the last couple months, but seriously, if you don't know how to fix this stuff, pay someone who can. And if you are using MD as a test server because of it's population, whatever it is you are doing is NOT working.
    AOE1 likes this.
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^
  7. Gninja Developer

The situation yesterday could have affected any server. It just so happened that Majdul was the only one that got into that state. The update this morning fixed the state from being able to get stuck anymore. So all servers needed the fix even though Majdul was the only one showing the issue.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Costs more to write new code.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

The state was Florida wasn't it? :rolleyes:
    Breanna, KauaiJim and Geroblue like this.
  10. vlada Active Member

. I suspect since the Test server they do have is hardly conducive to test anything except maybe the tradeskill stuff, they need somewhere to test what they are working on in the background. So, I guess MD are the lucky ones. YAY!!!

I will say it's all getting very, very old. I know yesterday was different from all the Unrecoverable errors that are running rampant in the last couple months, but seriously, if you don't know how to fix this stuff, pay someone who can. And if you are using MD as a test server because of it's population, whatever it is you are doing is NOT working

i suspect this person does not know what they are talking about
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

They could have multiple identical servers. In my experience, there would still be problems due to vagaries in manufacture.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Really? And you do? Or you just prefer to be snarky?