[Wish List] Frostfell!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Rivenly Well-Known Member

Please please pretty please.... red brick building blocks! There are several types in game, such as the chimney on the Ironforge building in NQ.
    Ashlie, Smallcorners, Chikkin and 2 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are ways to approximate them, but yeah, there's nothing like actually having access to such flat out. :)

And at least back east, where they don't have to worry about unsupported masonry zoning (if we can build out here with red bricks with holes in 'em for inserting a steel rebar, that'd be one thing...), it's like every other building back there is either built of 'em or fronted with 'em, and look especially -- ah -- winter holiday-ish. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  3. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Ohhh, that's a great idea!! Here's hoping, maybe for Frostfell they'll give 'em to us! :D

I live in one of those - nearly 200yo brick colonial with much of the original post & beam and wood peg construction still intact, along with plaster walls and the original maple floors. Some of those boards are almost 2 feet wide!!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed! :)

Wow! Gorgeous... :D

Everyone always mutters about how we don't have a lot of historical stuff in southern California, and while it's a valid criticism, a lot of places bigger than a single story bungalow have either been torn down for not complying with new & improved zoning laws, or Mother Nature got hacked off one day and knocked 'em down her own self. So, we sort of got in the habit of "high turnover" as far as buildings are concerned... :-/

Uwk
    who, on the one hand appreciates older architecture, on the other hand was freaked out by all the unsupported masonry and BASEMENTS ("You...you -- undermine your foundations?! :eek:") all over the place east of the Rockies... :-/
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  5. Vichane Well-Known Member

I would love a recolored version of the Calm Forgotten pools sproutling to a purple!
    also we're in vetrovia now, can we have some vampire-themed stuff? like a mayong tree-topper? maybe a waterfall of blood? Maybe some nightmare before christmas themed items!?
    Stormkat, Alyndrys, Kattt and 2 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh, that last would be awesome, but DBG would have to fight with The Mouse for that; it's a -- Disney property (always has been, but Disney was the last to get the clue that folks might want merchandise from it...)! :eek:

I have seen folks do their own versions of TNBC, but it's tricky to do the Curly Hill without more curved items in the game. :-/

Uwk
    who'd also love to see the Sproutlings in other, holiday-appropriate shades (the blue could work for Frostfell/Oceansfull, the red for Frostfell/Scorched Sky; ironically enough, we don't have it in any shade of actual green that I've seen...but green, gold/orange [which could work for both Frostfell and NotD], silver, and purple [Dark Frostfell? Dark Erollisi? TNBC?] would be cool, yeah) :D
    Breanna, Smallcorners and Geroblue like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Or Art Deco furniture and lights. Or the late 1800s gingerbread house styles. And why do the dark elves get the neon lights !? I like neon lights to, but I cannot find any for my Qeynos, New Hallas, and Timorous Deep houses/Inns.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Neon lights? Like, the sconces with purple or green flames, or something I'm not remembering at the moment? :-/

I've seen folks recreate the witch's hut from Hansel and Gretel, but I know what you mean about the "gingerbread" kind of architecture; those were fun, my mom always loved those. Queen Anne? :)

If folks squawk about Art Deco (though some of the Mastercrafted lights definitely have that look, as does anything that looks like it came from Tiffany and Co. ;->), just say it's something the Gnomes came up with; that usually explains away a lot. ;)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind being able to put a neon sign up in my prestige house, of the character's name that owns that house. Or a neon sign 'Welcome !'. Items like that. Or 'Happy Frostfell ! and ones for the other holidays/events in EQ II.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too, but I'm still confused as to what you meant by "neon lights" and "neon signs" that Neriak has and apparently no one else? Like, the signs they have for sale during the Neriak City Festival, or the ones you can get from the city merchants, but only if you have a certain amount of faction with Neriak societies? :-/

Uwk
    who's an avid user of EQ2Furniture.com and would love just links to these so I can get it through the solid neutronium between my ears (maybe the "experts" are right about being nocturnal being bad for humans...bah) :D
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, maybe it was over in EQ. The Dark Elves there have swirls and symbols in bright colors on their buildings. They look like neon signs to me.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I would say neon letters would be cool but you guys would just abuse it.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Howabout if it was just the character's name ? Wouldn't the name filter catch those ?
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm not sure how that would be possible, someone on this end would have to be putting together every sign request.
    Unless it were automated somehow, but that would take a bit of code work.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Were they still above ground, or have they always been subterranean? :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No idea. I think it was on their buildings. I think above ground, but its been over 10 years since I saw that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Alphabet, plus characters with umlats, and whatever else is needed... then the player selects the 'put up your character's name in lights' thig, and yeah, I can see that would take some coding.

Or it could be standard items. Like 'Home of an excellent Warden !', substitute any other character class. Fewer versions that way.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK you guys get neon signs, but the only ones they will allow is The Awesome Tom Tobey and Isn't Tom Really Cool?
  19. Denmum Developer

Beware the Rolling Pin of Doom!
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I just hope that with Ro coming out soon we get some really nice stuff for FROSTFELL!