Varsoon will have live adventure experience rates?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tesoth, May 3, 2022.

1. Turkish Member

I should say that I have no interest in silencing opposing views on this. There are a handful of people which have come to this thread (a thread which is objecting to one part of the announcement) to object to the objection. They have then claimed to have the majority opinion on this without evidence. The XP rate is what it is. It is likely just a lazy implementation and not very thoughtful. We will all enjoy the TLE in our own ways in the end but wish that more thought had gone into it.
  2. Jadefox2 Active Member

Thanks, Please post the results and the methodology if you get the chance ;)
  3. Unrivaled Member

I was in the first 50 to hit 50 on stormhold and fallen gate. Those two servers were a decent grind to hit max, we were getting maybe 0.1% per orange kill in the 30's-50. We ran just about all the content.

We also broke off to go do quests at certain points when we exhausted a dungeon, and questing was actually better XP; we just ran out of them.

I would be down for that to be the case again if it was solved for later tiers. The problem is when you formulate XP like FG was, by the time you hit the later expansions it starts to become harder to build groups and power-leveling is a 20 hour investment into a player. Even if you get someone who wants to come back and play it's near impossible to get them to go through the grind just to play at max level.

The idea was they were going to add current expansion bonus exp, which they did. But once ROK hit for example, and you could no longer level 1-70 in EOF. It took 5x the amount of time. I think people were powerleveling 1-30 in timorous deep, then mentoring down until 50 so they could take out Karnor's as it was the best leveling experience genuinely. Killing reds.

I'd rather have it easy than hit this issue again. If this can be solved easily, without taking time away from more pressing matters like itemization, class balance, and mob tuning. I'm all for the harder experience grind.
  4. Jadefox2 Active Member

That should be able to be solved with a level token sold for that expansion that would allow a late joining player to immediately catch up. Maybe at the minimum level to do the content - or the maximum level ... or sell both, I guess.
  5. Medicinal Active Member

I mean, I have 30 people lined up in a guild ready and waiting and not a single one has complained about live exp rates. Nor has anyone quit over it. We are all excited for the exp rates.
    Mountbatten, Zenji and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Those of us saying that slower xp rates won't increase enjoyment or longevity of the server are not doing so to silence other people's views.

We are saying those things because we have played on every TLE server in every form and from first hand experience as a result.

It would be great if people took their time to fully explore each zone with grouping, questing, etc., but unfortunately, the vast majority never do and won't start now.

If the server fails, it won't be due to the rate of xp gain, it will be a host of other reasons (itemization, length between expansions, etc.).
    adaria and Zenji like this.
  7. Jadefox2 Active Member

Why?

If what Z has said.... why. It sounds like the XP rate could be molasses and y'all would be fine and still excited to play, and it wouldn't interfere with you goals or fun at all.
    No all players are here for the race...
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

Having done both slower leveling like Fallen Gate, and faster like Kaladim. Myself and the people I play with enjoy faster leveling much more.
    It is also way more alt friendly.
    It is less work Power leveling guildies who started late / rerolling / returning in later expacs

There is also much less of a gap between those who stack potions and those who don't. Which makes scheduling max level content at the start of each expansion (with level increases) less of an issue.
    adaria, Medicinal and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^
    adaria and Zenji like this.
  10. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Pointing out flaws in your argument isn't white knighting, it's simply an observation. Unless you are a complete newcomer to the internet, you'd know that people rarely take to forums to post positive stuff. It's almost always negative, or to bring some attention to something they perceive as wrong. And numerous times, it's been shown that the "majority" opinion on the forums simply does not represent a majority in the real world. Fact is, the majority simply don't care one way or another. I count myself among that group. The spread of people here voicing their opinions represents but a handful of what is likely to be a couple thousand at launch. A mere quiet voice amongst a cacophony. A fart in a tornado.
    Zenji likes this.
  11. Jadefox2 Active Member

Noted.
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I would also like to add that even on the live server, if you don't use any veteran or purchased xp potions or buy collections or grind in dungeons or run agnostics etc., it will still take you a while to level.
  13. Jadefox2 Active Member

Would you buy an instant max level token if it were available on a TLE?
  14. Pharone Active Member

It would save you one day of leveling if you are a hardcore player, so it would depend on the cost comparison between it and experience potions to achieve the same thing.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

No I wouldn't.

The leveling process can take as long as you want it to. Don't use any potions or turn in collections or spend hours grinding in dungeons. Turn off your xp bar if you want.

It's really up to you.
  16. Jadefox2 Active Member

Fair enough.
    Will you buy XP pots, then?
  17. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I don't think I will need to. I prefer not to buy any honestly, but if people want to that is up to them. Many regular players on the live servers save up their daybreak cash and they use that to buy xp/vitality potions.
  18. Jadefox2 Active Member

What would the circumstances be for you to "need" to buy XP pots on a TLE?
  19. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Honestly it depends on how quickly you want to reach end game. For many players they like to raid at end game so it is more of a priority for them. I normally don't raid unless it is a pick up raid. I prefer grouping, doing collections, questing, and crafting.
  20. SeaJae Member

With it being a Free Trade server as well, raiding is even less of a priority for those who don't want to, so that's nice.
    Turkish and Mizgamer62 like this.