Varsoon will have live adventure experience rates?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tesoth, May 3, 2022.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

So at an average of ~10 hours a week, and taking your mid pick of 5 weeks. You are at 50 hours.

Is that with or without XP potions?
    Is that solo questing and crafting/ harvesting?
    or is that in a static organized group grinding xp?

because that is where most of the variations comes from.
    Stacking Potions literally make you level 3.5 times faster.
    An organized group is going to be about twice as fast as a person solo questing, not counting any harvest/crafting time.

If you were talking a solo quester with a few random groups is doing 50 hours.
    (potions) 50/ 3 = 16.6
    (static grp over solo) 16.6 / 2= 8.3

Wow so that's really close to Kaladim XP.
  2. Turkish Member

2 things.
    1. They said it will be live server XP which is faster than Kaladim.
    2. We can probably throw variables into this forever. XP potions are one of them, yes. Well done.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes XP potions are a massive variable, so is what you are doing to level. They have to be part of the discussion when you are discussing how fast or slow leveling should be.

So when you say it should take about 50 hours to level to 50, is that with XP pots? is that in an organized group or solo/pugs?

because as I pointed out, an organized group stacking xp pots is more than 5 times faster than a solo player not using potions.
  4. Kindread Active Member

This does not sound far off from our server 1st group on Kaladim. Though we were stacking shared potions. Oh the hate tells we got! lol I was the necro in your group. :)

Honestly, I was hoping for slower xp rates, because just turning off your XP is a really dumb suggestion. I enjoy the race and would love to have a challenge. Oh well, it'll be a fun server for the first week or two, but 4 months in classic is going to have massive player drop-off, and with how bland DoF is, this server might see a population bump sometime after KoS/EoF is relaesed. Such a missed oppertunity. Someone besides the super casual needs to have a word with these devs.
    adaria and Zenji like this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Hey there bud! :)

Personally I don't care too terribly much either way. My biggest thing is if they were to run a slower leveling server, they would need to not sell XP potions at launch (like they did on Stormhold server). Otherwise the gap between casual levelers and those who use potions is even greater.

The advantages of faster leveling are quiet nice for alts, and tanks who end up power leveling lots of guildies lol.

4 months of vanilla is rough no matter what leveling speed is. I was happy to see DoF is 4 weeks shorter, but 12 is still kind of long for such a small expansion.
  6. Medicinal Active Member

Hello, My name is Medicinal. I tiptoed through many tulips on Kaladim. Mostly soloing. I harvested every item I needed for my tradeskill as well. Which I leveled as I went through the adventure tiers.

My main character on Kaladim was created on March 16, 2019 and she hit 50 on April 20th, 2019. I don't know exactly how many hours that is, but gaming is my primary hobby and I have few distractions, so I tend to play between 4-6 hours a night. So 175 hours? But wait, I had an alt, which I played probably half the time, just as slowly, so cut that number in half-ish. 87 hours to get to max level. But I was in no rush. I didn't care to raid, wasn't in a guild, I was just having fun and running around Norrath.

I plan on leveling my main a smidge faster this time around, and actually raid. But I still plan on personally harvesting everything needed for my tradeskill.

When I say things like "you can level as slow as you want to" I really do mean it.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Anyone suggesting that TLE is just (or should be) live with slower XP rate has either never played on a TLE server, or is being disingenuous. Absolutely shameless, if I were you I would be embarrassed to have even suggested that.
    adaria likes this.
  8. Kurth Member

You keep manipulating the conversation by saying things like "handful of others" when in reality you're the loudest voice in the conversation. Go look at the FAQ thread and it's pages of people complaining about the exp rate.
  9. Turkish Member

Not sure if you were paying attention to the conversation. My comment was against the idea that the TLE should be like live.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because most are fine with live XP rate so don't bother posting. ;)

But feel free answer the question you are commenting about. Rather than just saying "live XP bad, I want slow XP". Maybe actually give detailed feedback of what the correct slow XP rates you want would look like.
  11. Turkish Member

12. Turkish Member

This is just factually incorrect. I have counted the for VS against live XP rates comments on just this thread alone and you are overwhelmingly wrong. There were a handful of opinions which could be considered neutral on the subject but I even gave you those. I counted only individuals and not multiple comments by one person.

For fast XP: 10
    Against: 20
    adaria likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because most are fine with live XP rate so don't bother posting. ;)
    Daltharr likes this.
  14. Turkish Member

Repeating an incorrect opinion does not make it correct. Please site your source for this.
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I admit your comment did make me pause and go back through the thread to make sure I hadn't called you out incorrectly. I did so, and I stand by my response. I understand where you're coming from, but I also think your reasoning is flawed. Also, quoting statistics from a forum thread is absolutely terrible - it has been shown time and time again that it is not representative of a majority.

Of all the things that kill a TLE server, fast leveling is not one of them. Literally nobody ever said "man, I love the TLE server but man, the XP is way too fast, I'm out" Prolonging the leveling process by a couple of days does not a great server make. You play for the ruleset and the (hopefully) appropriately tuned content. The way you make it sound, it's like you'll be level 50 by the time you leave Queen's Colony. I can assure you, that will not be the case.
    Zenji likes this.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

Saying something is incorrect doesn't make it so.

It's a widely accepted that unhappy players are more likely to post feedback. Just like customers who have a bad experience are twice to three times more likely to write an angry review than customers who had a great experience are to post a happy review.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

You realize that this is just as applicable to you, right? You labor under the misapprehension that you somehow represent a majority of players, when you have absolutely zero evidence, aside from a few responses on a forum that only people with a particularly strong opinion would ever bother to weigh in on, owing to the fact that the actual majority of people don't actually care either way.
    Breanna and Zenji like this.
  18. Turkish Member

I am the only one who has offered any evidence in the conversation. Is counting forum submissions ideal? No. But it is certainly better than making baseless assertions such as "Most people agree" or 'it is widely accepted." The fact of the matter is that the response is overwhelming negative. This is what the numbers currently show. The person you are actually describing here is Zenji. He is repeatedly making a strong assertion with no evidence while asking others for evidence. You appear to be blindly white knighting here and not really paying attention to the actual conversation.
  19. Jadefox2 Active Member

And maybe not.

If you have the polling metrics, let us know...
    Turkish likes this.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

I will make sure to ask people on Varsoon if they are enjoying live server XP.
    Jadefox2 likes this.