We Need Grizzly and Polar Bear Statues

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, May 4, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

While decorating a New Halas house I realized we don't have a grizzly or polar bear stuffed statue. It would be so cool in our various houses. I'd even buy one if that's what it would take to get one.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Denmum Developer

That'd be something good to put in one of the Homeshow Wishlists posts, so it can be found when we collect up suggestions to bring to the Art team.
    Breanna, Twyla and Hartsmith like this.
  3. Wulfen Active Member

Some years Santa Glug gave us Yetis, big white-pelted grumpy bipeds. I've got one of them playing with Permafrost books on an oval ice table, also of Permafrost design. Three of them are together inside an Igloo, playing with various small animated toys (scarecrows, transformers, dragons, etc.). The Halas Inn house holds one very nicely, sitting on a sales crate, staring out the window at the floating iceberg on the cold sea outside. His back is turned to visitors, but if you examine him closely you'll see he's holding a Personal Depot in one arm, and bracing himself against the crate with the other. I think I'd prefer these to any inanimate statue; they look plausibly lifelike, they can hold a hot mug of something, with a tray of hot muffins nearby,
    Breanna, Hartsmith and Twyla like this.
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten where those yeti plushies came from. Mine are bathing in the pools that you find inside the Winter Retreat. Lavastorm is the perfect place for yetis, LOL.

There are definitely times where plushies are better than statues to give a room life without having to tell a pet to "stay", but it is nice to have statues for the art ambience. One of my earliest prestige homes, Gorowyn Magical Manor(?), was turned into an adventure academy, complete with one room devoted to art and statues. Just because you are training to be an assassin doesn't mean you shouldn't learn how to sculpt, LOL.
    Breanna likes this.