Krono cost

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dwalen, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

Doesn’t EQ1 have a similar problem? My bro plays (though he hasn’t been on recently) and last I heard from him they were getting kind of steep over there too. I still think the idea to get rid of the plat by making mercs training and such cost plat would solve a lot. Maybe it’s just me though.
    Ayodi likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

The problem with plat sinks is that we are talking about trying to remove hundreds of billions in plat across servers. There are still lots of casual players who don't actively broker items and have very modest amounts of plat who will get hurt. If a plat sink is designed to wipe out billions of plat, what does that do to people with a few million, a few hundred thousand, tens of thousand, or less? It's not that they couldn't sell shinies or harvestables (wild rice is going for like 40p each right now on Skyfire, mangoes around the same) but that could be something they just don't like or don't have the time to do. This really is a tough problem to balance. Doing nothing is a bad option, but some other options may be worse,
    Ayodi and Twyla like this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

It IS kind of sad that I'm living on disability check to check each month in real life, and yet my character is a millionaire. When I first started playing the game in 2004, I remember saving and saving and saving because I wanted that brown horse sooo badly. (It was only 3 plat, so you get the picture.)
    Hartsmith, Twyla and KauaiJim like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It varies by day. I make at least a million plat each day selling shines old and new. Old shines I try to price comparatively low, so there I'm making plat by bulk sales. Some (by no means all) VOV shines sell for 6-7 figures.

Take an AOE DPS toon somewhere like FG or Mahngavi Wastes, mass-slaughter to get fertilizer components until you have 100 each vampire bone fragments, embalming fluid, and ... grave dirt? I think, go to Sister Ghoulinda's instance in Mahngavi, and feed the fertilizer to her ghoul.

The ghoul will give you VOV shinies. Dump those on the broker and check prices. Anything currently selling for under 100 plat I pull out and move to my GH shiny depot. Price the rest to sell and see what happens.

You may apologize for calling me an exploiter at any time.
    tasnee likes this.
  5. Pathetica Active Member

I am not going to apologize. I realize you are too far above the average player to be pertinent to my comments. I, myself, have a bunch of plat now cause I have 26 crafters and I made a haul selling books and rares etc when the expansion came out. I am talking about the fact that it is not normal that there is so much pp and I believe people are exploiting. We couldn't sell squat for over a million plat before this latest influx of pp. No matter how much you make, there is no excuse for krono to go from I dunno, 30 million when the expansion came out - to 500,000 million now. It is not normal.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

I honestly chalk it up to pure greed. People will always get away with something like 500 mill, because others buy it for that much. Unless everyone just suddenly starts boycotting the broker, or selling them for what a reasonable price would actually be for most people, it will just get higher, and people will get madder, and the circle of life like this will continue.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Cool - 1.000.000.000 for a Krono..

Thinking about how many quests have to be done to earn this amount ingame ;)
    Hartsmith and Smashey like this.
  8. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Blizz sets the cost you can sell their "Krono" in WoW not players ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  9. Kristabella Well-Known Member

So on one of the servers the price for a Krono is 717,000,000pp. That is the cheapest. Some people say they are making at least 1M per day, selling junk and shinies and such. Just wanted to point out, at that rate, you would have to save every pp you earned for at least 717 days, that's saving everything every day for almost 2 years. And most likely when you have that much the price would go up again...
  10. vlada Active Member

um,no. and im not starting from zero. i already had plat. now i have a few billion b/c i used my CC to buy kronos and sell them in an inflated market. i sell shinies and rares too. also i raid,which costs a lot,.so i dont feel bad about being rich
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I've been lurking on here a little recently, reminiscing, wondering if I would ever come back.

I used to play from 2007-2017. I stopped for a variety of reasons. I bought krono with my spare plat at the time in 2017 because I knew it was the only thing that would continue to rise and therefore I could resell and get back into the economy if I decided to return. I can't remember how much they cost then.

I don't remember how many I have anymore, but I'm pretty sure it was double figures.

This is not new. The value just reflects the abundance of plat in the game. I thought it was bad 5 years ago!
  12. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I was not referencing you specifically. I was just pointing out, that if you started selling stuff and make 1M pp per day, that this is how long it would take to buy one Krono. that's all. I am glad you are rich. Not everyone is, but when they save up and sell stuff they can get rich like you too :) I was just using the 1Mpp as a starting point as a reference.
  13. DENSER Well-Known Member

do not complain about the price kronos codes, DP in any case does not complain about it.
    Krono too expensive, more players buying these with their pay of the month.
    The more expensive it is at the broker, the more suitable it is. And you know for whom ;)
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

Except that there are those of us who don't commit exploits, don't raid, and don't buy duped plat so these plat sinks would pretty much run us out of the game. If people can dup plat then plat sinks aren't going to help as they will just dup more plat. The devs need to figure out a way to remove the source of the problem rather than the results.
    Pathetica likes this.
  15. Riverbear Active Member

Make kronos no-trade. Economy will recover nicely. q.e.d.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

Then no one buys them and the game ends because the company stops making money. q.e.d.
    Breanna, Rasheti and Miroh like this.
  17. Melkior Well-Known Member

You do realize right, that the whole point of Kronos are to sell them to other players? If you made them No-Trade since they are more expensive than a monthly Subscription, no one would need to buy them. It also would do nothing to change the fact that there a billions of plat out there which would then just raise prices further. q.e.d.
  18. Taled Well-Known Member

They dont care. If you keep an eye out for their posts, all they care about is what makes things better for them personally.
  19. Pathetica Active Member

Yeah. There are still people who think it's not surprising that suddenly there is enough pp floating around to price krono at hundreds of millions because THEY trade kronos or farm shineys or whatever. They can't grasp that there is no LEGAL way for there to be that much pp in this game.
  20. Miroh Well-Known Member

I've been calling out the dupe! Well, its all speculation, but you know what I mean.