Varsoon will have live adventure experience rates?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tesoth, May 3, 2022.

1. Jadefox2 Active Member

How?

Is the XP slider going to be available from level 1?
  2. Smashey Well-Known Member

You might as well get 24 players and start on live today and just agree to not use any AA before you reach KoS and just not use familiars and other buffs. Its the exact same experience you will get and its completely free to do so.

Plus you dont need to wait 16 weeks before you progress further.

You litteraly pay to see other players in low level zones, 16 week breaks and not being able to turn on familiar buffs...
  3. KythosMeltdown Active Member

This has always been the case with EQ2s TLE iirc.

Paying 15 dollars to have a reset server without inflation and tons of players running around lower level content is a steal, imo.
    adaria likes this.
  4. Smashey Well-Known Member

This is the first TLE they announced with live XP rates making it a 100% carbon copy that you pay for.
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

XP slider comes with KoS, so 7 month after server start. Chronomages never (at least they have been on none of the other TLEs).
  6. Turkish Member

Please take the "just adjust your XP slider" responses to the live server forum threads. This is the TLE forum. We should not have to pay for the time locked server and then adjust our XP slider to make it feel correct. I'm still excited to play on Varsoon but live XP is very obviously something the majority of people do not want on the TLE.
  7. DENSER Well-Known Member

I don't see any prob here.
    U want to xp fast u can.
    U want to xp slow u can.
    What's the matter here ? ;)
    Zenji likes this.
  8. Turkish Member

The biggest problem is that it's 16 week + live XP. This translates to EMPTY zones. If one wants empty zones, one can play on live. We are TLE players because we are looking for a different experience to live, not to play on live minus most of the content.
    adaria likes this.
  9. Jadefox2 Active Member

How do you XP slow?

There's no way to control the amount of XP you get other than turning all progression off entirely.
    adaria likes this.
  10. Keinersonerster New Member

I don't see the problem. You can toggle xp on/off whenever you want to level as fast or slow as you want. I do think 16 weeks is too long for shattered but just means more time for hq, ts, alts, etc. If you can't work around this stuff then this server isn't for you; move along and play something else.
    Mountbatten and Zenji like this.
  11. Jadefox2 Active Member

It's more likely that you just aren't capable of understanding the problem.

That's alright, though - it's not really your fault. Some people are just built differently.

Perhaps you should just raid on the L&L server, that way you don't waste ANY time jumping into the end game.
    Killa and Turkish like this.
  12. Turkish Member

By this reasoning, there is no reason for the TLE to exist. You have it backwards I'm afraid, TLE isn't what you're looking for. If you want to do what you are describing here, play on live, level lock, and don't go past shattered lands for 16 weeks. Bonus, it's free. Enjoy.
    Killa and Jadefox2 like this.
  13. KythosMeltdown Active Member

*eats popcorn*
    Siren and Turkish like this.
  14. Medicinal Active Member

No TLE has ever provided something you couldn't just get on live by level locking yourself, other than a plethora of other people to play with. The other people is 100% the draw of the server. Some had slower exp, sure, but as someone else pointed out 4 hours or 40 hours to max, you are still spending the overwhelming majority of your time in each expansion at max level. The fast exp allows folks to play EQ casually and still keep up. If you don't like it turn off adventure exp and only level off quest exp. I know I will be making several alts, and I am happy to spend some time grouping with you as you level at whatever pace you prefer.

I do think 16 weeks is long, but I'll make it work.
  15. Keinersonerster New Member

Why did you have to go and be condescending? Be mad if you want but it's not going to change. It's really simple...either play what is offered and adapt or don't and find something else. Constant complaining and insulting others who disagree does nothing.
    Daltharr, Siren and Zenji like this.
  16. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

Exp rate like it is just means I can play both this TLE and the EQ TLP, and not get behind in either.
    Mizgamer62 and Siren like this.
  17. Jadefox2 Active Member

Nonsense. You escalated the rhetoric, I just matched it.

As proposed, Raid away on L&L and skip the bothersome levelling part entirely.

Progression is important.
  18. Keinersonerster New Member

Why would I go to L&L when I'm the one who likes varsoon's proposed ruleset? Maybe you're just not capable of understanding, it's not your fault some people are just built differently. This server is meant for me and people who feel the same as me, not you. I hope you find your paradise, but this ain't it.
    Siren and Zenji like this.
  19. Dhamian_Cross Member

Honestly, everyone bickering back and forth on a forum post is pointless. The XP rate on Varsoon is going to be whatever the dev team wants it to be. Should you lodge a complaint against it? Sure! If enough voices get heard it might get changed. Belittling everyone for their opinion because it doesn't match your own? No, one should never do.

Talking about your opinions in a civil manner gets your point and/or opinion across far easier than being passive aggressive and condescending. Devs (or anyone for that matter) are more willing to listen to the opinions of a level-headed person than one screaming and calling names.

In the end the XP rate is going to be what it is going to be and people are going to have to accept it.
    adaria likes this.
  20. Unrivaled Member

Other than the massive AA changes, crit bonus being disabled, buff packages on every mob, server fervor class balancing, specific itemization, avatars, etc. etc.

Implying TLE is just "other people to play with" is a misinformed opinion.