Varsoon TLE Server FAQ

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Accendo, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadefox2 Active Member

If it's not a mistake, are we able to control the amount of XP we can gain? I remember that there's a slider to control the amount of XP that goes to class experince vs AA XP. If so, will the slider be there from level 1.

I'm not big on just XP being ON or OFF. If the slider's there from the beginning, then I can throttle XP gain until there's the right amount of progression for me.
  2. Kotter Legendary Member

will there be a new Crate coming to replace Destiny Crate?
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the slider does not work till level 20 I think.
  4. Momo Well-Known Member

No that slider is not there. Vanilla has no AA, they come with KoS. And then (@Schmetterling) they work from Level 10.
    But you can just disable XP, for quests, for combat or completely.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Jadefox2 Active Member

So, just the only option is to turn off progression completely?
    Ugh...That's terrible.
    Frostfang and Killa like this.
  6. boho Member

TLE servers are bustling on day 0 of an expansion and starting to wilt 1 month into an expansion.
    They’re low pop on the launcher by the end of the second month.
    Month 3 is raidloggers only, with the few stray non-raiders wandering an empty world.
    4 is a desiccated husk begging for water or death through cracked lips.

You have access to all these numbers. You know the pattern. ALL classic MMOs follow this pattern, even the mighty WoW.

Can you see how a faster content release cadence is more sustainable for these servers? Your raiders are happy with a new challenge always on the horizon. Your social players who say they want to take it slow are happy because there are actually people to talk to online. And you’ve already solved the catch-up problem - Live is already designed to catch new players up. And XP potions exist for those who want it even faster.

Please hear me out - four months is one month too long, and certainly two months too long for some releases.
    adaria likes this.
  7. Slipshod Active Member

I will play on this server. Having been here for... a while, I really do enjoy the older content over and over. Some of you are responding as if this is the only server for you. You will please notice that they have turned off Loyalty rewards for this server. Does this mean you have no intention of playing your original server to gain those perks on a daily basis? I will play on this server - but I will not stop playing on the other servers. I will also not complain about a new server until I have played on it for about 2 weeks. The Devs really DO try to make a great gaming experience for everyone and implement a few hidden things every now and then. Let's give it a go, see how things are, and then offer some constructive criticisms.

As for there being "useless classes", I disagree. Every single class has a use to someone. I have no intention of ever raiding again. Not that I hate it, but because it becomes too much like work - and I am afraid that I really am lazy. I will play my "useless classes" even if it means I will be solo the entire time. Because I find them enjoyable.
    Aiona, Siren, kaelie and 1 other person like this.
  8. Shogun2007 New Member

As a returning player i dont want to see live xp rates on a TLE server.
    I played on Stormhold , it was too slow i am not asking for that , but live xp??
    What about all these dungeons starting with WC and BB that will be outleveled way too fast to even consider them?
    Also 4 months at level 50 is way too long, dont turn this game into WOW where u hit max level in a day or 2 and then its
    Mythic+ dungeon spam over and over again. I want the journey if u want the destination u can play Lore and Legends server.
    adaria and Jadefox2 like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok Momo
    Yes, Slipshod the Devs do listen to the players, I only sometimes wonder what players?
    I do raid, and I do like it (most of the time) and it seems that raiders are the most active on all forums,
    because it appears they are listened to the most.
    Join Aftermath Slip if you like to raid in a true casual way.
    This company will never make expansions cycle faster, that would mean this new server would get to the last expansion itemized way to fast, meaning that they have to work on the next expansion (I wished they did)
    or come out with the next TLE server in less than 3 years.

How fast was xp on live when it first was lounged, was that to fast?
  10. Greven Il'vec New Member

Guys the real concern should be what is the point of another server that is just going to DIE AT DOV AGAIN? I was hoping for something different for varsoon. When are we going to get a permanent non pvp server like Agnarr on eq1?
    Siren likes this.
  11. Rhoks Active Member

When the game originally first launched you would spend several several several hours grinding in groups to level up. At those times you had actual groups in beginning zones like Okymyst Forest, Caves, ETC and with a full grp it would still take hours just to gain 1 level.

With that being said the gear was completely different and stats all had a certain meaning. Where WIS purely focused on your healing and resistance, AGI effected how well you could dodge/Avoide attacks. STR was melee attacks only. SO scouts would use STR over AGI at the time. And you could have Furies go a full mage spec into INT with small amounts into WIS.

I personally enjoyed the stats at that time because it allowed you to have more diversity into your classes. With them still using stats based off live servers it just makes it where we can blow through the content even faster AND now they are possibly making the XP rates even faster.

16 weeks at launch on vanilla means we wont get DoF till around the end of September. Unless the idea is leveling every class to 50 by then. It seems there will be a huge drop off from lack of content by then.
    Jaden and adaria like this.
  12. Rhoks Active Member

I think by the time it dies again in DoV, if they continue Kaladim to progress, you may see players go back to Kaladim to continue playing over there. It kinda allows us to Skip DoV that way lol
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

god I wished they keep Kaladim up and use us like a TLE test server.
    Siren, Momo and oakmiser like this.
  14. Laalon2 Active Member

Because some of us hate DOV and the latter /shrug
  15. Deadpyre New Member

Exp way too fast for the release times. I recently resubscribed to get used to eq2 again before the new server, but I hate to say it, but I'm going to give this a pass after all. I know from my experience from kaladim, that the speed will kill the community way more than anything else (though there is plenty of other things that need a look, such as class balance and release times of some expansions).
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

some do, some don't.
  17. Rhoks Active Member

Class balance will never happen on TLE, it hardly happens on live
  18. Greven Il'vec New Member

so how about a pve server that caps at SOF or ROK? I would love that
  19. Reconnection Member

I think a good balance could be achieved with slower exp rates during the first half of Shattered Lands, and then increase them to Live levels from there and for the rest of the server's life.
  20. Rhoks Active Member

I mean i guess thats better than it basically capping at DoV lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.