Varsoon Itemization Thread

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mint, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mint Loot Meddler

It's time! This is the thread to submit feedback regarding TLE itemization for the launch of the Varsoon Free Trade Server.

THIS THREAD WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR TWO WEEKS AND WILL LOCK ON MAY 17TH

Submitting feedback to this thread does not guarantee any changes or action taken, but it does guarantee I will read it.

What we are looking for:

Difficult bosses that dropped loot less strong than expected in previous TLE servers
    Items with stats that have not been updated to match previous TLE server itemization
    Items with stats in previous TLE servers that conflict or negate their special effects
    Any other specific and actionable discrepancies between what is expected of TLE items and how they exist on the TLE servers now

Guidelines:
    BE SPECIFIC. We need item names and specific information on why the item needs attention. I don't know what "the ring from The Icy Dig" is. Unfortunately vague posts will likely be ignored.
    Try to get everything in one post. There's going to be a lot to read, so keeping things organized and together will help us maintain priorities.
    BE NICE. We're all excited for Varsoon but everyone has a different idea of what they want or expect. Let's keep this productive

Concerns about class balance, spells, and abilities are welcome in the appropriate class forums.

THANK YOU for taking the time to help us make this the best TLE server launch yet!
    Wacky and Beneeto like this.
  2. Smashey Well-Known Member

Bows overall needs some looking into. Currently they have the same rating as wands in the same tier.

As an example. The quest Blood Ties from the Qeynos City line rewards a bow, throwing weapon or a wand. They all share the same rating of 67.09. Back in the day wands first didnt auto attack at all. When they did add auto attack the overall rating of the wands were usually half that of a bow.

This disparity is seen across the board and raising bow ratings would help rangers a bit too with actually doing damage.
    Jaden likes this.
  3. Revvix Well-Known Member

This is further down the line with RoK but the Conjuror/Necromancer Mythical Weapon pets were awful on the past two TLEs. These pets have never had their stats/mechanics updated to what they should be in the present day. These mythical pets used to do 50-100% more damage than any of the spell-based pets. On Kaladim they did maybe 1/4 the DPS of the normal scout/mage pet of the same tier so they were just a detriment when used. Highly disappointing reward for such an iconic quest.

Mythical Weapon Names:
    • Elemental Dominance (Conjuror)
    • Vazaelle, the Mad (Necromancer)
    The name of the clicky effects that summon the pets:
    • Elemental Manifestation (Conjuror Myth Pet)
    • Servant of Vazaelle (Necro Myth Pet)
    The pets should have stats/ability adjustments that allow them to perform better than these pet spells (same tier):
    Greene and Wacky like this.
  4. Wacky Member

I don't know what the current plans are for the typical mid-content "Hunters" daily quests this time around or if we'll even have them again, but if they are currently planned to be added as they were on Kaladim I would suggest looking at or removing the _____ Hunter's Crossbow items from the merchant (the first word changes based on the expansion).

Crossbows work a lot differently than traditional ranged weapons because they normally have a much higher rating than other ranged weapons in the same tier. They are also usable by casters which has interesting consequences since crossbows aren't classified as wands by the game and makes the innate base auto-multiplier for the different mages with wands basically irrelevant given how powerful these crossbows typically are. There is also no way for players to make crossbow bolts so if you decide to use the crossbow you have to buy bolts off the merchant. This leads to crossbows typically having a much worse hit rate than normal ranged weapons since they gain less hit bonus from the ammunition than if you could use crafted bolts and they don't scale with focus for casters like wands typically do.

Personally I feel that having a ranged weapon specifically for scouts/fighters (i.e. longbow or shortbow) and then a different ranged weapon for casters (wand) would be a much cleaner option as a Hunters reward. This would allow you to itemize the stats for each option in such a way that they are more desirable for the intended classes, instead of having these crossbows that are intended to be usable by all classes and therefore have more generic stats.
  5. Beneeto Member

Bolts were recently added to the generic woodworker recipes for all level tiers.
    https://www.everquest2.com/update-notes/eq2-update-notes-2-22-2022
    • Crossbow bolt recipes have been created for the following recipe books:
      • Artisan Essentials Volume 4
      • Craftsman Essentials Volume 14
      • Woodworker Essentials Volume 23
      • Woodworker Essentials Volume 33
      • Woodworker Essentials Volume 43
      • Woodworker Essentials Volume 53
      • Woodworker Essentials Volume 63
      • Woodworker Essentials Volume 73
      • Woodworker Essentials Volume 83
      • Advanced Woodworker Volume 90
    oakmiser, Turkish and Wacky like this.
  6. Frid Member

I don't have access to the game but every drop in Nektropos Castle the return needs to be revamped, also every raid like King Zalak, King Drayek and so on needs revamping. Please take some time on itemization this time because last time it sucked SO MUCH. Same with difficulty but I assume you won't have the resources to tune the content to be challenging but at least make it rewarding.
    Turkish and Confession like this.
  7. Beneeto Member

If you want to provide a list of things from those zones, like Nektropos Castle Return, you can look up that zone and its mobs on ZAM to get the loot tables, so you can have a list of items to present that need revamping. The stats will be outdated on wikis, but the loot tables themselves should still be accurate. You can even look up said items on EQ2U's Item Search to get the current stats, since that site gets its info directly from the game's census data.
    Turkish likes this.
  8. Chanaluss of Kylong New Member

Ring of Fate, from the conclusion of the Courts of Maj'Dul quest arc, is probably worth looking into to improve. The clicky is a neat concept, but for a reward that requires over 25 quests to complete and 3 factions to raise and balance, it probably shouldn't be comparable to Treasured heroic gear.

[IMG]
    Kindread, Turkish, adaria and 7 others like this.
  9. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Hi Mint, first of all, thank you so much for opening this thread up. I'll be as brief and specific as I can possibly be.

Maiden's Gulch, Tower of the Drafling, Bastion of Flames, and Sanctum of Fire/Vault of Flames all used to drop some great chase Fabled, but the previous itemization revamp changed all of the items from high level 46-48 equips down to 40 exactly and nerfed them all pretty hard.

Some specific examples would be:
    Aegis of Alacrity from Maiden's Gulch:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/939723902

From Tower of the Drafling:
    Maggot-Infested Shawl - https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3180733124

Rotting Flesh Slippers - https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2719295462

Odusian Flail - https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1783537595

Overall, even if a lot of the treasured, legendary, and fabled pieces from the Heroic dungeons listed above just got touched up so they were level 50, it would make running these instances feel more... worthwhile.

Specific Dungeons and Instances to look at:

Obelisk of Lost Souls: Specifically the gear dropped by the Mediums (Medium of Cron, Medium of Dyrt, Medium of Iza, Medium of Lsyis, Medium of Norrath, Medium of Idris) which are all located on the bottom floor and had competitive itemization with heroic t5 in previous TLEs but which got nerfed after the previous itemization swing.

Please consider NERFING Crana's Brittle Wand (https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2850324139) or else allowing other t5 wands to be as good or restoring wands that no longer appear on the drop tables for TLEs due to previous itemization changes (examples of other wand sources: Concussive Wand of Blasting (https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3244639845) from several raid sources, any of the ranged weapons from Snowflake (https://u.eq2wire.com/actloot/zone_npc/59/11365/legendary/0/0/), Aithelka from The Fiery Apparition in Lavastorm (https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2708533573) as Aithelka has been REMOVED from the drop table). ****The basic TLDR here is that Crana's Brittle Wand is currently one of, if not the only, level 50 wands available because it was forgotten about in the Great Wand Purge of the Fallen Gate server and it quickly becomes a very stupidly expensive item because of being the only easily farmable, easily griefable, level 50 wand.

Raids: Some specific raids had gear that was really and truly not worth wasting the time on a raid night to go into. Specifically, the Deserted Mine (currently drops only 1 singular piece of level 50 gear, a pair of Treasured pants with casting speed on it and it isn't even from the actual boss of the dungeon), A Meeting of the Minds, and all of the non-Darathar nameds in Darathar's Flight take the forefront here. There's also a LOT of trash that drops in Spirits of the Lost, but its hard to sift the trash from the good items because Spirits of the Lost drops SO MUCH treasured and legendary gear, and maybe 40% of is level 40 garbage and 60% is useable level 50 gear. A lot of this gear is also on a shared loot table with nearly all of the other raid zones in the game, so fixing pieces here will resolve a lot of the complaints about killing tier5 raids and getting level 40 loot.

I can deep dive into specific pieces from these raids, but honestly, just using https://u.eq2wire.com/actloot/zone_list/ and searching for the raid and heroic zones and seeing which places are dropping level 40 loot will give you all of the specific examples that I would bother searching up. And to reiterate, I appreciate the effort you're putting in Mint, if these itemization changes go through, especially an update to the Heroic dungeons and the level 40 loot that drops off of highest available raid tier, this will easily be the best TLE the game has known.
    Turkish, Confession, Wacky and 3 others like this.
  10. Revvix Well-Known Member

It's the Varsoon server so... here are some Varsoon fixes! Most of the leveling zones are actually pretty well itemized but Varsoon needs a bit of a touch-up I think. The following are based on the idea that in zone “The Ruins of Varsoon” named should be tuned to drop level 30 items since most of the zone is tuned for level 27-33.

Middle Toad and Tome of Life in particular seem to have a special loot tables that are shared with random trash mobs in Nektulos Forest such as Earring of Wisened Chanting and Believer's Wrought Plate Greaves of the Holystriker These named should be updated to have a level 30 generic loot table, if this is intentional.

Knuckles of Violent Blows
    Info: Drops off level 30 heroic Mibble Toad
    Problem: Itemized as a level 20 item.

Barbed Legplates of Brutality
    Info: Drops off level 30 heroic Mibble Toad

Obiks, Obsidian Mace
    Info: Drops off heroic Master Alchemist Pinjula and Tome of Life

Gloves of Agony
    Info: Drops off level 27 heroic Varsoon Painbringer

Hoop of the Night
    Info: Drops off level 34 heroic Forge Overseer Eid’un
    Problem: Itemized as a level 40 item.

Pinjula's Cap of Alchemy
    Info: Drops off level 28 heroic Master Alchemist Pinjula

Shiny Metallic Shield
    Info: Drops off level 32 heroic The Creator

Spaulders of the Immortal Guard
    Info: Drops off level 27 heroic a Guard Captain

Vambraces of Torment
    Info: Drops off level 27 heroic a Varsoon Tormentor

Augurer's Cap of Binding
    Info: Drops off level 35 heroic Erbmys Sumyd

Hoop of the Murkwater
    Info: Drops off level 35 heroic Thimzem Ci’Re

Black Pearl Necklace
    Info: Reward from level 27 Quest in Ruins of Varsoon
    Problem: Itemized as a level 20 item

Rebik’s Muraculous Lockpick
    Info: Reward from level 28 Quest in Ruins of Varsoon
    Problem: Itemized as a level 20 item
    Turkish, adaria and Confession like this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

My suggestion is directed towards Hunter's Quest rewards.

The rewards are designed to be very powerful so people want to farm them. The problem is they are so good they negate the need to use many iconic items across several expansions.

To resolve this issue without completely removing Hunter items entirely. Would be to limit Hunter rewards to only items that you have 2 slots for.
    Charm
    Ear
    Finger
    Wrist

Also as a side suggestion, would be to move the Mythical mounts that drop in DoF dungeons to Hunter Rewards and give them substantial Hunter Token cost.
    Revvix, Laalon2, oakmiser and 2 others like this.
  12. Revvix Well-Known Member

Overall, affecting T5 raiding as a whole, it is recommended that a few new items be considered as additions to help balance certain slots. In T5 charms, cloaks, and ranged wands are especially rare to find on loot tables because they did not exist in the original game. Adding brand new items for these slots would be a welcome addition to give players more options and make certain raid encounters more exciting. Additionally, it seems that cloth armor is more rare than any other type. Plate and Chain are very common, leather is enough to support the 4 classes that use it, but there's very little cloth armor choices for mages. Adding an additional generic fabled cloth armor set to the T5 loot tables would be a great change in my opinion to balance things out a bit.

I would recommend fixing the following items from Spirits of the Lost (level 50 raid zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items. Please note that some of the legendary items are also shared with King Drayek and The Magolemus.

Drakota Sash
    Drakota Band
    Everlasting Fortification
    Krakan’s Wary Protector
    Balanced Sai
    Catalyst's Spellwoven Gloves of Channeling
    Forced Emblem of Twisted Metal
    Catalyst's Spellwoven Gloves of Channeling
    Forced Ringlet of Twisted Metal
    Ice-forged Satchel
    Maul of Mysterious Runes
    Ripper of Ruin
    Serpent Hilted Katana
    Skirmisher's Bloodstained Gauntlets of the Ardent
    Theurgist's Sanctified Plate Gloves of Judgment
    Wanderer's Wand of Divinity
    Wandering Healer's Torque
    Wandering Stalker's Torque
    Blackguard's Blood-Dyed Chain Gloves of Woven Shadow
    Consussive Wand of Blasting – Sussy Baka
    Disciple's Dark Silk Hand Wraps of the Dragon
    Diviner's Ghostly Handguards of Visions
    Fierce Katar
    Forced Ring of Twisted Metal
    Forced Signet of Twisted Metal
    Magical Sai
    Nightmace
    Walking Stick of the Spry Undertaker
    Wandering Defender's Torque
    Wandering Medium's Torque
    Watcher's Rare Hide Leather Gloves of the Wild

I would recommend fixing the following items from Venekor in The Temple of Cazic Thule (level 55 contested raidx4 encounter) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items.

Bangle of Invulnerability
    Cires Earring
    Girdle of Escape
    Wristguards of the Axebringer
    Irradiated Chestguard of the Black Knight
    Yktrl's Slippers of Fate
    Stone Imbued Chestguard
    Gloves of Madness
    Insidious Leggings
    Elemental Censer
    Enchanted Gold Round Shield
    Aegis of Alacrity
    Sparkling Buckler
    Idol of Focus
    Mace of the Endless Storm
    Defrauders Dirk

I would recommend fixing the following items from The Cove of Decay: Epic Angler (level 50 raid zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items.

Necklace of Doom
    Grim Warrior's Blade
    Underworld Bracelet
    Royal Great Flail
    Giant Blunted Dirk

I would recommend fixing the following items from Shattered Stillness: Epic (level 50 raid zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items. Additionally, I would recommend spending some extra time customizing the stats and effects of the Six Wands of Mastery to be different... and also changed to be actual ranged wands. There are 6 different fabled wands on this loot table but they all currently do the same thing, proc a haste buff, and are primary weapons instead of ranged weapons. It would be VERY interesting, I think, if each provided a different proc buff such as Haste, Ab Mod, Potency, Casting Speed, ReUse Speed, and Crit Chance. Instead of all 6 giving the same boring Haste proc. Everyone will end up using prismatics, so making these wands ranged items with useful procs would make them very useful for mages and healers all throughout the first 4-months of this TLE.

Earring of Disintegration
    Elemental Wand of Mastery
    Noctivagent Wand of Mastery
    Hallucinatory Wand of Mastery
    Sepultural Wand of Mastery
    Conjuratory Wand of Mastery
    Protean Wand of Mastery
    Talisman of Pure Chaos
    Cryptic Boots
    Ancient Combine Handguards
    Tower Shield of Woe
    Scourge of Curses
    underworld legplates
    Elemental Skullcap of Protection
    Tablet of the Cryptkeeper
    Wand of Dark Prayers

I would recommend fixing the following items from The Deserted Mine (level 50 raid zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items. Additionally, I would recommend adding another 2-3 item drops to this loot table to make this encounter worth doing more than once. The weapon drops aren't very appealing so this instance could use some additional loot to temp guilds into having it on the raid rotation.

Necklace of Mysterious Origin
    Runed Combine Bauble
    Combine Ceremonial Coif
    Runed Combine Talisman
    Archaic Combine Battle Hammer
    Archaic Combine Dagger
    Archaic Combine Greatstaff
    Ancient Combine Knuckles
    Ancient Combine Stiletto
    Ancient Combine Great Flail
    Ancient Combine Longsword

I would recommend fixing the following items from Commune of K’Dal (level 50 raid zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items. The four Girdles could also be re-done to be a lot more interesting and desirable. Might, the tank themed girdle is ironically the only one that has an "on hit" proc. All of the other dps/healer girdles have "when hit" procs which are useless. These could be really cool items to try and collect if the blue stats match the right class archtypes and the procs are updated a bit.

Belt of Dark Voices
    Bracelet of Void
    Midnight Cowl
    Underworld Legplates
    Gauntlets of Night
    Subterranean Girdle of Might
    Subterranean Girdle of Intellect
    Subterranean Girdle of Wisdom
    Subterranean Girdle of Alacrity

I would recommend fixing the following items from Echoes of Time: Epic (level 50 raid zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items.

Bracelet of Disintegration
    Royal Great Flail
    Vanguard Sabatons of Fortification
    Soulforged Bracelet
    Soulforged Dagger
    Kite Shield of the King
    Uktrl's Round Shield of Striking
    Zalak's Tower Shield of Dominion
    soulforged breastplate
    Soulforged Kite Shield

I would recommend fixing the following items from Knubed in Permafrost (level 54 epicx2 contested) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items.

Archons Bracers of Light
    Band of Exile
    Necklace of Displacement
    Rigid Steel Warhammer
    Round Shield of the Archon
    Sharlian Maul
    Ankh of Minokis
    Band of Detection
    Girdle of the Overlord
    Ironfist Knuckles
    Necklace of the Four Jesters
    Ritualists Gloves
    Torque of the Great Storm

I would recommend fixing the following items from Drayek's Chamber (level 50 raid zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items. Also, King Drayek's loot table is currently setup to use the level 40 generic legendary table so that needs to be updated.

Ring of Removal
    Nightcrawlers Enchanted Bloomers
    Undead Chefs Mitts

I would recommend fixing the following items from The Crypt of Vox (level 50 raid zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items.

Archons Bracers of Light
    Thunderstone Amulet
    Wand of the Living Flame (update to be an actual ranged wand?)
    Greatstaff of the Windwalker

I would recommend fixing the following items from The Isle of Refuge: Darathar's Flight (level 50 raid zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items. It was also recommended by the community that some desirable fabled items be added to the zone trash’s loot table to encourage guilds to actually clear the zone instead of just pulling Darathar to the entrance and skipping it all.

Charmed Rapier
    Greatstaff of the Windwalker
    Leggings of the Elder
    Charmed Rapier
    Vicious Sai

I would recommend revamping the loot table dropped from Borxx (level 55 epicx3 contested) if it exists in Obelisk of Lost Souls. Currently this encounter drops a terrible assortment of items as far as I can tell which include a 2-handed hammer which no one would ever use and a set of cloth gear which proc retaliation effects. To make this named worth being contested, I would suggest redesigning the loot table to drop items that are much more desirable such as maybe a fabled charm, ranged weapons, and/or pieces of fabled jewelry.
    Snowflakk, Kindread, Deafxint and 9 others like this.
  13. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Revvix coming in and doing exactly what I did but with a better format and more specific itemization. You my idol.
    Revvix likes this.
  14. Frid Member

Thank you buddy you are the best. What about group zones? Nek Castle the return, Menagerie and the instance in CT, Sol eye?
    Turkish, Confession and Revvix like this.
  15. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Frid, the Menagerie, Sanctum of Fear, and Sol Eye already have a lot of loot that is level 50 (though there are some 40 duds). Overall, they're in a much healthier space than a lot of the ones listed above. Nek2 could definitely use some love though.
  16. Unrivaled Member

Thanks for checking items:

Starting off, it would be appreciated if all the Claymore items were set to EOF stat values. Generic heroic items in EOF being better than these items doesn't incentivize anyone to go back and try to obtain these later, it's even debatable if these are best in slot as there are quite a few nice two handers in KOS; and mages are required to wear wands. If hunters gear comes into play again, all of these rewards are sidelined instantly for hunters.

A additional way to make these items more lucrative, would be to up the procs on these to be more interesting/scaled with current TLE itemization.
    For example, the mage offhand (The Arm of Mithaniel) only offers a small damage proc, and a small bit of magical skills and ability mod. Players hardly gain benefit from magical skills as all gear has it on it now, a de-threat isn't particularly valuable, and the +30 mod doesn't outperform the bonus potency from a next expansion offhand.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Block chance on gear:
    [IMG]
    It takes around 6000 protection to cap uncontested block on TLE at the moment. If you were wearing this shield here, you would need around 300% block chance to reach the cap. Yet itemization says blanket 1.4% block chance is equal to stats like reuse, or max health.
    From what I saw on kaladim, having upwards of 35% uncontested block (3000 protection - 1700 protection shield in ROK, with 80% block chance) was only granting me around 7-10% avoidance reports from block due to the strikethrough/level difference on mobs.
    Is there any chance we can get block chance on gear upped to compensate for the protection caps?
    [IMG]
    In regards to the previous, having 3.2% block on a buckler with this small of a protection value doesn't offer much to the caster.

In general, it's rare to block any kind of physical AOE on a priest; and clerics who wear bucklers for shield ally would prefer any other stat than the small block chance values currently itemized.

Adding 3.2% block chance to a protection value of 486 only sets you at 501 protection, or 8.35% uncontested block.

Would it be possible to blanket remove block chance as a stat from any kind of buckler/round shield on TLE, unless the block value goes up significantly.
  17. Revvix Well-Known Member

I would recommend fixing the following items from Nektropos Castle: The Return (level 50 heroic zone) all of which are currently itemized as level 40 items. These should all be tuned to be level 50 items. This is especially important because there are very few level 50 heroic zones, so making this zone viable will help keep the new TLE server alive. Both thematically, and to help balance slot/loot tables for T5, I would also strongly recommend adding cloaks to this zone's loot tables. Maybe give each daughter a rare level 50 legendary cloak drop? Vampires love cloaks... and so do players! T5 is notorious for having essentially no cloak drops and this could help resolve the issue.

Alana Everling's Cloak of Pilfering - Rogue/Predator cloak? Small poison proc?
    Crysta Everling's Cloak of Inquisition - Tank cloak? Small agro/heal proc?
    Dierdra Everling's Cloak of Illumination - Mage cloak? Small power regen/damage proc?
    Melanie Everling's Cloak of Song - Bard cloak? Small group buff proc? stats/regen/etc.
    Jenni Everling's Cloak of Argil - Priest cloak? Small heal proc?

Alana Everling's Boots of Pilfering
    Alana Everling's Pants of Pilfering
    Alana Everling's Tunic of Pilfering
    Amanda's Blackened Leather Tunic
    Amanda's Dagger of Pain
    Amanda's Hammer of Breaking
    Amanda's Leather Girdle
    Anc'Kar, the Whistling Wind
    Argath, the Axe of Abandonment
    Bajn, the Bleeding Branch
    Balthazen's Belt
    Balthazen's Knife
    Balthazen's Plate
    Belt of Spider Legs
    Blaqstar, the Mangled Mace
    Bloodied Skin of the Spirit Sucker
    Bloody Beak of the Spirit Sucker
    Bloody Claw of the Spirit Sucker
    Boots of Balthazen
    Callistan's Blood Soaked Apron
    Callistan's Blood Soaked Cleaver
    Callistan's Blood Soaked Gloves
    Chalandria's Fang
    Concubine's Flowing Gown
    Concubine's Ivory Sandals
    Crysta Everling's Boots of Inquisiton
    Crysta Everling's Breastplate of Inquisiton
    Crysta Everling's Legplates of Inquisiton
    Cursfan, the Biter's Fang
    Demitry's Rib Cage
    Demitry's Sheer Skull
    Demitry's Stained Fang
    Dierdra Everling's Pants of Illumination
    Dierdra Everling's Robes of Illumination
    Dierdra Everling's Slippers of Illumination
    Dugath, the Axe of Hopelessness
    Eidolon Watch Dog's Pristine Leg Bone – Confirm it’s still on a loot table? Should a rare drop from “Demitry the Ravager”?
    Everling's Carved Staff
    Everling's Etched Breastplate
    Everling's Etched Dagger
    Everling's Etched Hammer
    Everling's Etched Legplates
    Everling's Etched Sword
    Flesh Ravager's Rotten Eye
    Flesh Ravager's Rotten Eye
    Flesh Ravager's Rotten Stitching
    Jailer's Darkend Cap
    Jailer's Darkened Club
    Jailer's Darkened Tunic
    Jenni Everling's Boots of Argil
    Jenni Everling's Tunic of Argil
    Karshail, the Mind's Drought
    Maid's Sheer Stockings
    Maid's Steel Dust Pan
    Maid's White Cap
    Maid's Wooden Broom
    Maltena's Brooch
    Maltena's Hoop
    Maltena's Ring
    Melanie Everling's Boots of Song
    Melanie Everling's Pants of Song
    Melanie Everling's Tunic of Song
    Sharta, the Brilliant Light
    Sheila Everling's Chestplate of Colossus
    Skull of the Ravager
    Spirit Sucker's Tail
    The Dusty Dress of Maltena
    The Gi of Master McGillin
    The Groundskeeper's Axe
    The Groundskeeper's Rake
    The Groundskeeper's Shovel
    The Left Hand of Master McGillin
    The Pants of Master McGillin
    The Right Hand of Master McGillin
    The Smithing Hammer
    The Soul Sucker
    Thexian Boots of Necroism
    Thexian Ring of Necroism
    Thexian Staff of Necroism
    T'Kalin's Cursed Robe of Darkness
    Unargin's Smithy Apron
    Unargin's Smithy Gloves
    Watch Dog's Femur
    Watch Dog's Rib Cage
    Watch Dog's Skull
    Web of Chalandria
    Withered Staff of Darkness
    Withered Totem of Darkness
    Z'Latten's Miter
    Z'Latten's Robes
    Z'Latten's Staff
    Turkish, Confession, Liliun and 5 others like this.
  18. Dedith Well-Known Member

Mint, is there a general formula that is used internally to calculate a score of some sort that we can compare to a range for each items level? It would be easier to run a data pull via census (or your own internal DBs) to analyze the items en mass. I've written scripts to mass compare item data in the past (how I calc some of the defensive stat adjustments from shields, etc) and would be willing to help.

(Rayzor reached out to me and pointed me over here.)
    Rayzor likes this.
  19. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Shattered Lands

-Crown of King Tranix - Heritage Quest reward. Considering making these two one of the few cloth items you put out with plate mitigation levels.
    -Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch - Heritage Quest reward. Considering making these two one of the few cloth items you put out with plate mitigation levels.

Desert of Flames
    Capturing Night and Day
    Should reward level 60 fabled epic.
    Requires killing two contested x4 epic dragons.

-Dagger of Disruption
    -Dagger of the Final Rite
    -Hammer of Divine Truth
    -Shimmering Shortsword
    -Shimmering Trueblade Scimitar

Non-class restricted items in Pea0000 Club Questline that should be level 60 legendary, as the quests involve a ton of time commitment and heroic mob killing.

-Stoneheart Bracelet
    -Bangle of Divine Knowledge
    -Seal of the Sea
    -Artificer's Bracelet
    -Belt of Woven Souls
    -Band of the Ancille
    -Ring of the Dark Mother

The Vessel of Fyr'Un
    The following item needs upgrade to level 60 legendary heroic stats. Requires heroic zone dungeon delving and contested named triggering and camping.
    -Vessel of Fyr'Un

Restoring the Vessel
    The following item needs upgrade to level 60 fabled epic stats. Requires killing Godking Anuk Epic x4 expansion boss.
    -Overflowing Vessel of Fyr'Un

KoS

Echoes of Faydwer
    The Ivy Shrouded Timeline- all of the following items should be level 70 legendary heroic stats equip, single blue stat past universal blue stats, and heroic level stats. Several heroic kills in special instances as well as normal heroic zone Obelisk of Blight. Lengthy signature quest series.

-Band of Ironwood Bark
    -The Badge of Satyr Friendship
    -Earring of Wicked Torment

-Ivy-Shrouded Earring of Tunare
    -Ivy-Shrouded Girdle of Tunare
    -Ivy-Shrouded Club of Tunare
    -Ivy-Shrouded Orb of Tunare

Flowing Cape of the Dark Lord Timeline
    -Flowing Cape of the Dark Lord : Should be raid level stats, it is fabled but I'd suggest 2 blue stats as it requires killing an x2 that is contested and sometimes requires a camp, plus 6 previous quests before reaching any quest reward at all.

Shield of the Magi signature quest reward, should be level 70 legendary heroic stats with 2 blue stats past the universal stats.
    -Shield of the Magi

Rise of Kunark
    Fistful of Metal: Very lengthy quest series that in original release of RoK the stats were on par with raid loot, these should all have a level 80 heroic with second blue stat.
    ---------------------
    -Band of Thuuga
    -Bracelet of Thuuga
    -Earring of Thuuga
    -Signet of Thuuga
    -Talisman of Thuuga
    -Bangle of Thuuga

Blue Shiny Rewards - All of these should gain an additional blue stat, the requirements to obtain blue shiny seeing goggles is either EoF/RoK/TSO meta collections or finishing the tradeskill epic. All the meta collections require pieces around heroic mobs. Several of the blue shiny collections themselves are only in heroic dungeons, while others are soloable the general consensus was these were missing a blue stat and should be ranked heroic.

-Drolvarg Armor Fastening
    -Drolvarg Armor Manacle

-Rilissian Band of Station
    -Rilissian Ring of Station

-Swifttail Meditation Beads
    -Swifttail Prayer Beads

-Danak Girdle of Allegiance
    -Danak Sash of Valor

-Cape of the Keys
    -Cloak of the Keys

-Coif of the Reet Knight
    -Sallet of the Reet Knight
    -Silken Cap of the Reet Knight
    -Skullcap of the Reet Knight

-Baldric of the Di'Zok Warlord
    -Girdle of the Di'Zok Spirit

The Shadow Odyssey
    -Cloak of the Ethernaut Dreamer - Change haste or dps mod to max hp, so that it has a specifically different stat package from the 2 warrior cloaks offered by the city leader rewards on the final turn in.(The cloaks are a seperate choice from the Ethernaut items, you get a cloak choice again from that after choosing an ethernaut item, so if this has the same stats it would never be picked.)

-Overlord's Cloak of the Formidable Caster - Somehow this got changed to treasured, it should be fabled.

Sentinel's Fate

-Dartain's Signet of Execution - max hp instead of haste, one of four rewards from the signature quest series that takes you several heroic and solo locations. Stats on all four rewards should be just below raid stats by a single tier.

In Search of Lucan, a signature quest series spanning both heroic instances and raids. Requires killing Rohen Theer and Waansu/Perah. Should be easy mode raid level stats, as the quests will update off both hard mode and easy mode raid versions of the mobs.
    -Fiery Fragment of Aeteok
    -Glimmering Remnant of Enoxus
    -Resonating Shard of Enoxus
    -Surging Essence of Aeteok

Destiny of Velious

Ragebourne Quest Series rewards in Kael Drakkel, they were tiered as solo quest rewards when they should be 8.4 stat range. There are 4 quests in this 13 quest series that award gear. Here are the names of one item from each quest to locate the loot table grouping.

-Mitts of the Ragebourne Champion

-Blessed Wristguard of the Ragebourne Champion

-Coif of the Ragebourne Champion

-Thrael'Gorr Hero's Chausses

Both public quests The Ring War and Storm Gorge in the great divide no longer drop Cloudy Velium Jewels like they did before the revamp to these public quests. I highly suggest bumping the daily drop rate to not be capped when you return them to the loot table. Prior to the revamp they were capped at 2 times per day, this significantly slowed down progression for those needing Thurgadin faction for their yellow adornments.
    Turkish, Escape2, Liliun and 2 others like this.
  20. Krejci New Member

From an endgame loot perspective, I'd like to make sure certain encounters and items are a cut above the rest. Perhaps making Prismatic 1.0 weapons Mythical tier (like Avatar loot on Kaladim) would be a good step towards ensuring they are best in slot items, or if that is not realistic, possibly giving them DoF stats. Like what Revvix said earlier, I'd argue all endgame sigline rewards should be statted an expansion above - so Prismatic 1.0 is DoF statted, Prismatic 2.0 is KoS statted, Claymore is EoF statted, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.