What doesn't fit in the home depot?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Denmum, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

all the new faucets do not go into depot. And they should.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Denmum like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

Will be fixed for the next patch.
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

I saw in gh depo that Single Golden Rose was not stacked and should be
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Okay, maybe that these things do go in the depot, but they have different restriction labels, but are identical items, with identical names and appearances, so maybe they could be fixed to stack in the same stack please?
    I literally had to hover over the one in the box because they even share the same examine window.[IMG]
    Marae and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Books that don't go into the depot:
    * The Nine Contemplations
    * Qeynos Guard Logbook
    * Legacy of Guk
    * Necessary Elements
    * Ring Around the Desert
    * Captain's Logbook - The Tidebreaker
    * Hrath's Journal
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; are they both from Nights of the Dead? Is one type the set you get from a Merchant and the other one made? Why are they different? :-/

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My vote for books would be: anything that we can't do anything to, custom-wise. If we can't change the title or the contents, it should be like any other house item...unless, of course, it isn't, and doesn't count toward the house item count (which may be why those don't go in?), but its own count of 200. :confused:

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Denmum Developer

The issue with books is that each individual one would need to be researched to make sure that they "should" go in the depot, then hand-fixed to go in there on a case-by-case basis. That's a lot of extra work for quest books where you can only get one per character, etc. There's just so many exceptions to so many rules in the realm of books that for now, it isn't a good use of my time. :( I'll try to revisit this at a later point, but for now, if a book doesn't fit in there, it won't fit in there any time soon. :(
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow, yeah... :-/

Does it seem that the "problem child" books mentioned so far (quite possibly also the ones that have their own item count) are those that can only be gotten one per character?

Uwk
  10. Lera Well-Known Member

They're two different items (even though they have the same name), so they can't stack. They're not the same to the database.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

o_O
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Not sure of provenance. All I know is same name, same image, different tags. I didn't know if maybe just removing the tags would make them stackable. /shrugs
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

One is from the NOTD quest Scary Scarecrows. The other is sold by Haint, the NOTD merchant. If you use the layout editor and have both in a house, you'll see the different ID numbers for each. The one from the merchant is the no-transmute, no-salvage version, which is likely why it's a different item - they don't want people buying infinite transmutables for 18s each.
  14. Krupnik Member

When I first crafted this new personal depot some time ago, I was looking forward to using it to take the strain off the moving crate, as I was being told there were too many items already in the house. However this quickly turned to disappointment when I realised that the personal depot was only accepting a limited type of item. The confusion was further compounded as it would accept some books and not others, which would suggest a great deal of inconsistency! Therefore, why not simply have this new depot accept all and any house items without burdening it with various rules such as tradeable/stackable?
  15. Denmum Developer

While I understand the desire to Store All The Things, there are no plans to change the base functionality of the depot.

No-trade items are meant to be no-trade, thus they cannot go in a depot. That is a rule we stick to for all depots. Ditto for heirloom. The depots could otherwise be exploited by trustees to transfer such items to other accounts.
    Player made books end up with their text wiped if they are stuffed in a stack or a depot.
    Some other books get into odd states because players see different things based on if they have completed the quest tied to the book or not.
    Housepets lose customization if they're stuffed in a stack or depot.
    House actors and mannequins also lose customization if they're stuffed in a stack or depot.

Because of all of the above, furniture must be tradeable and stackable and be specifically flagged in order to go into the depot. The script to do the flagging didn't catch a few odd subdirectories, and thus this thread to catch things that were missed that actually were meant to go in there. (Requiring manual flagging, etc.)
  16. Krupnik Member

Thanks for your response, mum. I accept your comments, as it hadn't occurred to me that this would create a potential exploit.
    However I do have a list of books (some of which have already been mentioned by other members). Would it be worth my listing them here in a future post? They are all tradeable and not heirloom.
  17. Denmum Developer

I'm still pondering the tradeable, non-editable books situation, as each one would have to be individually verified and updated on a case-by-case basis by me, and I've got quite a bit on my plate. While it can't hurt to have the list in case I can fit them in at some future point, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.
  18. Krupnik Member

Here is a list of books I've checked that are NOT accepted into the personal house depot, despite, theoretically at least, fitting the criteria of being tradeable/non-heirloom:

A Dark Diary
    A Tale of the Arena
    An Oasis in the Desert
    Anaz Mal, Blackfang
    Bear Hide Notebook
    Bestest Orc Emperors
    Captain's Logbook - The Tidebreaker
    Commonlands Creature Catalogue
    Foreman Garz'gog Dyeree
    Jerb Northstar's Journal
    Legacy of Guk
    My Journey to Harrow's End
    Naggresh da Hero
    Necessary Elements
    Poetry of the Djinn
    Qeynos Guard Logbook
    Ring Around the Desert
    Rise of the Orcs - The Ascension
    Rise of the Orcs - The Deadtime
    Rise of the Orcs - The Fall
    Rise of the Orcs - The Rejoining
    Rise of the Orcs - The Rousing
    Selected Poems
    Tale of the Hero
    The Desert Beasts
    The History of Poetry
    The Mute Bard's Tale
    The Nine Contemplations
    The Orcs of Norrath
    The Tale of the Rujarkian Warrior
    The Tale of the Silent City
    To Slay a Dragon
    Zeke Two Tone's Diary

I'm sure I could locate more if I checked with my other alts, but this will have to suffice for now.
  19. Marae Well-Known Member

Yes, I have noticed the same thing, just never thought to report it. I had posted "They really are identical and should stack," but then I read the difference above and thought I ought to delete this post, but I can't figure out how. Maybe just label them both no transmute, no salvage? And then they could stack? Never thought about trying to transmute a candle. :)
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Cognatic Bixie Bopper Plushie still will not go into depot. It is tradeable plushie that stacks (it is NOT the quested one that has mini in the name).

\aITEM 1599953441 1570721735:Cognatic Bixie Bopper Plushie\/a