Fixed Internally Silver Acct can't use Broker Since Update

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Spritely, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Spritely New Member

Since today's update, my silver accounts can't purchase from broker. This game perk was paid for when we paid for the silver acct status years ago. This needs to be fixed.

Please keep in mind the effect on the game if you choose to make this "not a bug".
  2. Powers New Member

I've noticed this as well.

Years ago when I returned to EQ2 for the first time after the switch in subscription models, I found I couldn't sell on the broker. That return didn't last long. But when I returned again last year, I found I could sell on the broker. Happy day! Now I can't again.

Now I wonder if the old broker gating was a bug, too, way back when. If so, that means this isn't the first time this has happend to us grandfathered Silver players.

Powers &8^]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Cerah and Twyla like this.
  3. Laera Member

Also having this issue. Just started playing again. A few days ago I could add items to the broker, now I can't. Very annoying since I've been trying to play catch up and can hardly afford anything; certainly cannot make money from level 50-80 quests.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  4. Agee Member

My granfathered silver account has same issue
  5. Spritely New Member

It's not as much the not being to sell on the broker. I only recently realized I could sell. So I assumed that was something I wasn't aware had changed.

It's that I can't BUY anything now. No gear, no ammo, no recipes. Extremely frustrating!
  6. Laera Member

Now that you mention it, yeah I can't buy anything. I didn't realize that. I tried just now to buy some bags to upgrade my crappy small ones and it wouldn't let me. I can't upgrade anything. Awesome.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. elflover Well-Known Member

Same here Im a silver account and cant buy anything on the broker. I dont care about selling things, but I need to buy stuff and I have been able to for years til this update.
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

Also noticed my account no longer says silver when I log into character select. Why the ninja change?
  9. solopi New Member

same here i have few silver accounts, all of them lost broker access. please fix !
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

My account still says Silver on the character window, but I get the message that "You must purchase broker credits or be an All Access member to use the broker." when I tried to buy something today. This seems odd since there are only a few perks available as a Silver member over a FTP member one of which was broker access.
  11. Spellblade New Member

Silver account here with the same broker issues. Also still says I'm silver on the character screen.
  12. Shaytherra New Member

Can confirm after the update Silver account lost broker as well. At the least finding out it wasn't just me helps. I was almost at 'abandon ship' mode.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Morukta like this.
  13. Accendo Guest

This is being investigated. Will post an update if I get one. Thank you for the heads up.
  14. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

While it's being looked into, can we pleeease ask that reviving the Silver package be considered?
    Even if it's set up as a pre-paid, annual or semi-annual purchase I am sure a LOT of alt-only accounts that are 100% free-to-play and would NEVER become subscribed member accounts would seriously jump on the opportunity. Maybe like $5/mo paid in 6mo or 12mo only style? DBG might be surprised how many accounts this would get purchased on. I know I have one...
  15. Jokis New Member

So you want them to ruin it for us who only paid a one time fee when it was available and cause us to pay for it monthly? That would surely cause me to quit the game.
  16. Inist New Member

Confirming GU 04/26/2022 broke Broker access for Silver accounts.
    It's super frustrating. My wife and I got back to playing the game after 8 years about 3 weeks ago.
    Everything was fine, a lot of old restrictions were removed, so we purchased Visions of Vetrovia expansions to be able to get up to max level cap. Yesterday we lost ability to buy or list anything new on Broker. Please fix it ASAP.
  17. heroicsalmon New Member

Please fix this as soon as possible. I returned last fall and was very happy to see the silver status was grandfathered in; having i not work is a huge bummer.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have 4 silver accounts which I paid the one time fee to get. I regularly was getting basic expansions on them but due to health issues was waiting. Now those four accounts are no longer marked as silver. It is not as huge of a problem for me because I do have two accounts with memberships but it is painful to hear decorators wanting to leave the game over this. I have heard people wanting you to bring back the one time membership purchase to be permanent member again since many people could not afford this option when it was offered. I too would love you to bring this back so I can get this for my two main accounts.

Like I said above, I have two main accounts both with memberships and I always get the best expansion when it comes out. I have bought kronos to have plat on all servers and I get station cash all the time because I run Deco Contests. I have a display house of every player-studio item plus loads of other marketplace items (windows, doors, paintings, etc.) so that people know if they want to buy something, so I know this has generated many sales. Prestige houses, expanders, mounts, the list goes on and on. I have bought the packs so I can have the all-in-one forges and more bag space. And boosters for adventure and crafting level, don't get me started. Transfer tokens. I don't want to even know how much money I have handed over. After this Game Update, many of my characters on both membership accounts and silver accounts lost gear. Disappeared completely (no replacement items given). Some only have 3 items missing but some as many as 11 items. I am not happy having to regear so many characters and even stopped logging the rest of my characters in to see just how many are impacted. Am I suppose to open up tickets for each of my characters missing gear? Now 4 silver accounts are completely messed up. Reason I am bringing this all up, this Game Update is not just impacting silver accounts but also membership members too.

Please fix this silver account issue as soon as possible so people do not leave. And please offer the lifetime membership thingy so those wanting it and having this silver account issue have immediate fix.
    Sandyfoot and Morukta like this.
  19. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Oh, no - definitely NOT suggesting that. Of course, anyone who paid the one-time Silver upgrade or who received it under the grandfathering when that happened shouldn't need to pay anything to keep it. It would ONLY be available for those accounts that are not subscribed and don't have Silver benefits.
    Not that different than having accounts with full membership for the rest of the lifetime of the game (which was all of like $300 when it was available) vs those who pay annually/semi-, or monthly, or only thru buying kronos on the broker with in-game plat. Options for everyone is what keeps customers happy. NOT limitations.

The absolute WORST aspect of not being a subscriber & not having Silver benefits is that you cannot chat in ANY of the regular channels. Direct /tells, guild or the newbie channel (who uses that??) are all that's available, at least as far as I know. Hard to help new players during their trial of the game when they cannot interact with other players efficiently.

Also, given how spell/CA tiers have changed, with Mythical/Celestial/etc, maybe adding Grandmaster access to Silver accounts would be another good incentive for folks to get it.
  20. Agee Member

Title has note "Fixed Internally" - how long before we see the fix rolled out - I tested my grandfathered silver acct and still broken - will rollout be via game outage/patch - or online hotfix?

Agee
    elflover likes this.