TLE start checklist

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Gamb, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Unrivaled Member

I read that the inheritance merchant's from FG won't be around, but will the collection rewards be around?

They weren't really good/tuned on Kaladim. The idea was it was a collection server but by EOF the items were worse than solo items, and they didn't add anything for ROK-DOV. So i'd assume it's nipped as well.

Will there be some new kind of theme for the server other than freetrade? Has anyone heard anything?
  2. Accendo Guest

Pork jerky ✔️
    Green apple drink mix ✔️
    Comfy slippers ✔️
    Shoulder massager ✔️

Gotta remember the essentials, right?
    Texan, Liliun, Siren and 3 others like this.
  3. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

If you're not going to be in a guild that is pushing for early Prismatics, completing the Screaming Mace is very big for a lot of classes. Crown of King Tranix is a good stop-gap piece of equipment and comes with a lot of DPS mod, but its also usually fairly quickly replaced. I agree with Bag of Sewn Evil Eye, GEBs, and Manastone.

You'll have several months before this matters, but you learn Druzaic from places in Tier 5 and it's needed for the Claymore timeline. The Lavastorm shinies are also much lower on the agenda because the charm it gives isn't usable until level 55, but you're right that you want it done before then.

I think you pretty much covered the rest of my T5 checklist.
  4. Laalon2 Active Member

It's been a while since I've played... what collection is this and what's the reward?
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Laalon2 likes this.
  6. Laalon2 Active Member

7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

mouse clickers
    Jaden likes this.
  8. Beneeto Member

it's extremely unfortunate how the only way to move your character is with mouse buttons, maybe ASWD support will be added with 64 bit update
    Laalon2 likes this.
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

You can click in this game? I've just been typing /useability Blah all this time. Huh.
    Jaden likes this.
  10. adaria Member

What craftin profession can actually make money early on?
  11. Andivare New Member

Or....you could sell the shiny and make money. Just something you will have to think about. Sell it or use it....the endless debate.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Everyone needs spells, so all the Scholars do well (Jeweler, Sage, Alchemist). People will need armor (Armorer, Tailor) and as a bonus Tailors make bags, which everyone needs. Everyone needs jewelry (Jeweler).
    adaria likes this.
  13. Ramblon Member

You'll need to do Giant Language and Orc Language for Prismatics eventually. (Giant for To Speak as a Dragon, and Orc to talk to the dead Orc in the special instance of Bloodskull Valley.)
  14. Beneeto Member

as Sigrdrifa said, spell crafters are in demand always, but most guilds already have one that makes their guildies spells, so you'll have to advertise in public chat that you're accepting commissions.

if you're planning on mostly using the broker, classes that craft consumables (Alchemist for potions/poisons, Provisioner for food/drink, Woodworker for Totems/Ammo) are pretty good, as people will keep having to come back for more. carpenter can be surprisingly profitable, as even though they mainly make house items, they also make storage crates, broker boxes and in later expacs Repair Kits.

I would say, Armorer/Weaponsmith/Tailor are probably the worst choices, as crafted gear is next to worthless nowadays with numerous itemization changes and stat rebalances. you can get better gear from solo quests and overland nameds than from crafting. they become a little better starting in RoK with the faction recipes (Riliss / Bathezid / Danak), since those gear pieces are actually pretty good compared to standard Mastercrafted stuff. in TSO onward they're useful for allowing the creation of Void Shard armor for slightly cheaper. but vanilla through EoF, i'd pick anything other than the Outfitters.
    adaria likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How to make money:

Sell Shinies
    Overall, if you want to make money, the best way is to SELL SHINIES. Collection quests are QUESTS, they reward AA and XP, but shiny collection is an addiction. You want to sell at reasonable prices in bulk.which means don't price the things outrageously high. You know you have hit the right price when people buy the shinies in a day or two.

At first, people on Varsoon will have fairly limited broker box space. Unless, of course, you buy the new Pack that's coming out at the same time. I am expecting the pack will hold one 100-slot tax-free broker box like previous packs. You will have to decide if that's something you can afford and want to pay for.

Since you have a finite amount of broker spots, you need to triage what you sell. If it isn't moving in a day or two, drop the price until it sells. I usually set some amount below which I won't keep things on the broker. This will vary with time, how much broker space you have, and the Varsoon economy. You can't afford to have junk on the broker that is priced too high or which is utterly unwanted for very long, as it takes up a space that you could use to offer something that WILL sell.

Reprice everything on the broker once a day. People are gonna undercut you, just think of this as an opportunity to make your broker offerings more attractive to buyers. I personally drop an increment of 5. If something's on the broker for 99g, I price at 95g. If it's up for 64g, I price at 60g. I do this because (1) I can do the math in my head, and (2) I believe that most people are happier buying something that has a tidy number. YMMV.

If you use DarqUI, it has a handy broker pricing tool that does math for you. It is possible to use JUST the pricing module and none of the rest of the UI, if you like.

I worked with Darqwood on this because I want to have a nice round number on the broker items I sell. In the example below, the competition is selling at 320p. I've got a regular broker box, which has a 20% broker tax, so If I price my item at 265p, it will be the maximum I can get and still show up lower-priced that the 320p guy, and be a "nice number". You could simply drop the price a copper and sell for 255p 66g 66s 65c, but it annoys me as a buyer when people do that one penny pricing thing, so I won't buy from someone who does.

[IMG]

As a note, when selling shinies, for some odd reason, there is a devaluation of items that have "ugly" names. Things that are described as cracked, broken, tarnished, rusted, and the like always seem to sell for less. I dunno why. It's psychology somewhere... either the devs name shinies with these terms and make them hugely common drops, or else it's purchaser prejudice. I just know to not resist downwards shifts in pricing on such items.

Sell Harvested Materials
    Number two is to harvest your hiney off. Sell both regular harvested materials and rares. The advantage here is that not only do you make money, you can then have a crafter turn those rares into Mastercrafted gear and spells for you.

Don't Buy Stuff From The Broker
    Don't buy gear on the broker, for the most part, unless the price is really good. If you need crafted gear, ask in the Crafting channel for a player crafter to make it, or else search for an online crafter of the needed type. So if you wanted spells made for a level 21 wizard, you'd do /who all sage 20 29

What crafter do you need?
    • Armorer - makes plate and chain armor
    • Alchemist - makes fighter combat arts, potions, and poisons
    • Carpenter - makes furniture, also sales crates and storage boxes
    • Jeweler - makes scout combat arts, also jewelry, belts
    • Provisioner - makes food and drink
    • Sage - makes priest and mage spells
    • Tailor - makes cloth and leather armor, also backpacks and cloaks
    • Weaponsmith - makes metal weapons and ammo
    • Woodworker - makes wood weapons and ammo

Most crafters will work for you assuming that you provide any rares, you cover the fuel cost, and you tip. Don't buy the rares, either, harvest them yourself (what rares do you need? see this chart). My practice is always to tip at least double the fuel cost and more if I can afford it, because you may need this person to craft for you again later. Work out the details for payment in advance.

Sell Stuff on the Broker (Because Some People Will Always Buy)
    Beyond that, Varsoon will be a Free Trade Server. If you get dropped gear, sell it on the broker. You will have to see how the economy does to figure out which gear will sell. Unless it has a spiffy appearance, UNCOMMON stuff probably won't sell well. But Treasured and better probably will. When the game was new, the rule of thumb was 10 gold per tier, so that a level 22 item might sell for 20 gold. I suspect Varsoon's economy will be weird, and we'll just have to see when we get there.

Krono
    The ultimate money maker is flipping Krono. Krono prices will, of necessity, be low as Varsoon opens because no one will have much cash. But lots of people will try to sell Krono they've purchased with RW$ as well as that they've amassed on other servers. Since Krono were introduced in EQ2, people have been buying at lower prices from people desperate to sell Right Now, then they turn around and put the Krono back up on the broker for a higher price. On the Live servers, you'd need to be patient when flipping Krono... towards the end of each month even the higher-priced Krono will sell.

On Varsoon, people will be wheeling and dealing to buy Krono, but they'll sell them back on their Live servers, I'm betting.
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

You really don't need to do that. Just save the coins you get from Maj'Dul guards after DoF unlocks (and farm more coins when EoF unlocks) and go to Barnaby Blunderbuss in Butcherblock. He'll trade the coins for Gnomish currency, and you can use that to buy Lapis transmuter stones. Transmute away.
    Beneeto likes this.
  17. Willie Gates New Member

This is a big reason I am coming back. =) 16 weeks between xpacs will be awesome as well.
  18. Xeshaka Member

you should edit your OP and add all the stuff from the comments :D