Merchant's Den [Challenge] - Captain Twoshanks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pherousa, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Pherousa New Member

challange mode mage dispel several times i have died now to dispel fail even tho i was centre of the correct square so i assure this is a bug of some kind fact it is a 20m+ fight for us because of the stupid high combat mit this is super annoying
    EmJay, Bellamorte and Twyla like this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

So, I can't speak directly to this being the issue in Challenge - but the script for this dispel is *very* finicky. If you're not completely on the ground, it counts you as out of the square.

So for the squares along the wall, if you're up on the little 'stairs' on the edge, you get counted as outside the square, for instance.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Did the mob happen to have mortal coil when you were dispelling? The dispel will take off stacks of mortal coil first usually so you have to drop all of those before you can dispel the tick tac toe. (also make sure you are doing X and not O and going where X would win rather than trying to block O lol)
    combat mit is definitely still very high - it took my group 24 minutes to kill it, and it was only that fast cause we had scout dps. Mage groups will see way longer kill times atm.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Zhevally Well-Known Member

So on Tues it dispelled properly every single time. Tonight, after the first time it was the center square, every other time it was supposed to be center it gave a failure message on dispell(even dispelling from the only other blank square on one of those it was still a failure). We have not had this issue with any other square though so far. (in all these cases it was the center square through two opposite corners having an X, in case that helps).
    Bellamorte, Twyla and Taled like this.
  5. Chrol Developer

I wasn't able to reproduce this bug, but I did put in some more reliable checks to ensure the proper person can dispel at the proper time.

Also increased the areas where you can stand within each square for dispels.
    Wolvelf, Twyla, Taled and 1 other person like this.