Not A Bug No rares from Pack pony

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Daltharr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Daltharr Active Member

Im not getting any rares when i send my upgraded packpony out to harvest in Luclin zones.
    Havnt tested more than that, but its consistent and none of my upgraded ponys gets rares from these zones

Reproduce by sending the pony out to harvest
  2. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Ponies are not (and never have been) guaranteed to bring back rares, so unless you've recorded your success/fail rate for 1000's of tries you have no case.
    Tkia likes this.
  3. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Having utilised pack ponies and upgrades for many years and while not evaluating the results as it is not reported correctly, I can honestly feel confident that the pack pony can bring back rares... just not at the rate of the Rise of Kurnak Garden.

Gelenor/HoF
  4. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Though there has been a recent and very significant drop in rare return rates from what I've seen, my ponies & goblins still return rares. I presume they reduced the rare return rates for both along with the rare harvesting chances. What I don't like, though I understand, is no longer being able to send my harvesters out for mats in zones I cannot access because I don't have the non-included expansions. (and no, it doesn't matter why I don't have them)
    I honestly enjoyed being able to help keep guild boxes stocked, or sell an occasional rare, etc.
  5. Denmum Developer

The upgraded pack pony is, indeed, giving out rares in Luclin. It isn't a guaranteed every time thing with the ponies and never has been, but out of a dozen or so tries, I had several give out a single rare, a couple give out 2 rares, and a few give out no rares, so everything is working as intended.
    Yenk, Twyla, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  6. Daltharr Active Member

Its not that they dont bring back any rares. They do.
    Just not when I send em to Luclin zones.
    Ive tried over 10x, same result. I know they shouldnt bring back every single time. But i think 10x(or more. the 10x was to make sure and isnt including the ones that made me wonder if anything was wrong)

But I must admit, 10x isnt enough to establish any statistic proof. And now I think of it; especially not when I use 2-3different ponies. > It could be they all got a bad streak of 3+ runs with no rares. And I just stopped trying after that.
    It would be a better "proof" if the same pony had 10-12 runs and no rare, than 3 different ponys doing 3-4 runs each.

Guess I need to check the jumjum cider and see if they had a bit too much of that
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

She literally JUST posted that the pack pony works in Luclin, because she tested it herself.

While live servers and internal servers aren't always accurate about how things are working, things like the pack pony that rarely get changed are very unlikely to work differently.
  8. Denmum Developer

Taled is right - I said I tested in Luclin, and I meant I tested in Luclin. ;) I obtained rares on several of the attempts, so this one can be written off as streaky rng or your ponies consuming too much fermented jumjum.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.