TLE start checklist

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Gamb, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Gamb New Member

With Varsoon coming soon (I hope) I am playing on the LnL server and trying to remember all of the key stuff to do on start. This is what I personally came up with, anyone else have any add-ons?

Get to 50
    Speak like a dragon (quest for your main, one and done)
    Complete all the available Lore and Legend books for Master Strike
    Max out harvesting skills
    Lavastorm Shiney collection
    Expert all skills
    Do useful start HQ's (EE bag, crown of tranix, GEB, manastone, ....?)

In addition to this I will check the swash/monk (my choice for main/alt this time) epic timelines and complete any faction/quest requirements that I can early on. I'm sure there is more critical stuff to do right away, but I am drawing a blank.
    adaria and Turkish like this.
  2. Turkish Member

Don't forget to take your time. The old content was firsted 15 years ago by people who didn't have a wiki so there's really nothing to prove anymore. Enjoy the ride. Meet new peeps, enjoy the old lore and nostalgia. :)
    Willie Gates, Beazor and Ned888 like this.
  3. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Get Icy Dig access, and run it way more than you're comfortable with.
    Pehter, Rayzor, Liliun and 2 others like this.
  4. Aurorikin New Member

I'm not familiar with this step. Just get them and turn them in for reward? Or is it part of a quest? Orr save them to level with the expansion or something?
  5. DENSER Well-Known Member

Yes, stop playing evergrind and finally go back to everquest.
    That alone will finally be a +
    Beazor and Breanna like this.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Prismatic manastone and hunters is about all I plan to do for sure.
  7. Ned888 New Member

I'm gonna log in and start a new toon! With my covid induced brain fog, the game will seem like new! :D
    Jaden, SirNaves and Pehter like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm still using Hadden's Fishbone Earring on my level 125 Live toons. I put it on at the start if the day, click it, and put back on my regular ear, and then I don't drown.

I would suggest levelling crafting -- doesn't matter which skill, but you will keep repeatedly encountering stuff that makes you craft an item here and there. When it becomes available, level adorning and tinkering. Whenever the Isle of Mara becomes available, do Quo's Gathering Obsession timeline, the harvesting pony is super useful at the end and Quo's quests give tradeskill XP as well as decent cash for a low level player.

If you plan on questing instead of grinding, go to the Sage in your hometown and get all the Tome quest starter books. Store them in the bank, but carry around the ones for the zone you will be adventuring in. You might as well get the XP/AA for the updates from those as well along the way.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

I think stuff that isn't available for nearly a year, can be left off a TLE start checklist.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yeah, I'm not always sure what's available from the get-go. I haven't been on a TLE in a year or so. But Hadden's Earring is too handy at all levels to miss, so that HQ should be on the list!
  11. Revvix Well-Known Member

It's not a bad idea to start hording low level gear in your bank for later on. Once adorning goes live, trying to purchase low level treasured/legendary gear off the broker to break down becomes 2000% more expensive over night. So you can either save it for leveling your own adorn skill or to sell at 2000% mark-up on the broker to everyone else.
  12. Pharone Active Member

I personally love doing the heritage quests, and fishbone earring is definitely on my to do list.

Totally agree, but then, I am a crafting junky. So.... My opinion on this one probably doesn't count because I would do it no matter what lol.

I guess I had forgotten about the tomes. What is this?
  13. Kotter Legendary Member

most important...

Lots of Coffee!!!!!
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Rayzor Member

I like grinding, raiding, hanging out with friends, gearing up my character, competing with friends on parses and competing with other raid guilds to see who can do it all better and faster. OP reads like he/she enjoys what I enjoy.

I think decorating a house in Everquest is the silliest waste of time imaginable. I think doing low level quests for items you're just gonna replace is the second silliest waste of time imaginable. I think doing low level quests for experience that you could get 10x faster grinding is the third silliest waste of time imaginable. I never say these things because I don't think people like being criticized for playing how they want to play.

There, /rant complete! I've always wanted to write that. I feel much better. See you all on Varsoon!
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

These are quests started by reading a book, either purchased, looted or plundered, and performing a series of steps, rereading the book between each step to learn the next step. The wiki has a whole timeline for book quests.

There's three types:
    • Explore Tasks: You are required to visit a number of locations, receiving an auto-update at each location. Explore Tasks are almost always initiated from purchased books.
    • Catalog Creatures Tasks: These require you to locate certain mobs, and get within 15m then use the Catalogue Creature skill, which will be located in your Knowledge Book.
    • Kill Tasks: These require you to hunt certain mobs, usually in groups of 10 and sets of 3 groups for a total of 90 kills. Kill Tasks are almost always initiated from looted books.
    All Book Quests reward a good chunk of Experience, along with a House Item you can place in your home.

I like these on low level toons because they're fairly easy to do if you are gonna be in the area anyway, and I've learned a lot of odd Norrathian lore reading the books you get at the end. My very favorite is still The Oops Factor.
    Texan likes this.
  16. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

If you're not first, you're last.
    Jamen likes this.
  17. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Also, knowing strats is one thing. Getting 24 people to execute them correctly and consistently is quite another. Even when the strat is "turn the mob and wail on it for 5 minutes", I guarantee you there's a fair chunk of people that could screw even that up.
    Pehter and Zenji like this.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

Careful you don't move too much while fighting a raid mob, otherwise people will say you are exploiting. ;)

Way to many EQ2 players movement keys don't work while in combat.
    Smashey likes this.
  19. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Moving during an encounter is like shaking it after you pee...if you do it more than twice, you're gonna raise suspicion.
    Breanna and Zenji like this.
  20. Smashey Well-Known Member

With how previous TLE servers have worked in regards to expansion unlock time, completing all shineys and doing the achievements before the next expansion releases is very much possible.

Most people will only raid log after a few weeks if they dont look into achievements too.